Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,427 members, 7,853,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh (5072 Views)

Sunday Oliseh: "Fortuna Sittard Suspended Me For Rejecting Illegal Activities" / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by Igboid: 2:18pm On May 04, 2023
ADUBA1:
That is an assertion of his true identity by lineage and not by the language of Igbo that influenced those in the West of River Niger. The place called Abavo clan was founded by Avbavbo who migrated from Benin City. The word Abavo is shortened from Avbavbo. By 1914-16, there was a clash of opinion as to whether Abavo should be administered from Benin or Agbor. As a result of this situation, there was desire that the people be administered from Benin because they claimed to originate from Benin City. Consequently, in 1914, Abavo was administered from Benin. But in 1916,:a further agitation brought them back to Agbor. In 1924, there was a trouble between the Obi and elders of Igbogili village when more than half of the village migrated to settle near Ugoneki in Benin Division. The village is known as Igbogiri. (Ref: pg. 58 of Partridge Report. Evolution of Chieftaincy Titles, pg. 186, by Prince E. B. Eweka)

Abavo didn't migrate from Bini.
Stop writing nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by richmond500: 2:36pm On May 04, 2023
mayor1814:

He's a public figure who brought the issue of his origin to public domain. If he doesn't want to clarify then he doesn't need to bring up issues regarding his origin. Nobody gives a Bleep where he comes from or not but as he has brought d issue to public space, he needs to clarify. Since he said he's not Igbo that means it is safe to assume he's urhobo or isoko or Yoruba or ijaw.
he doesn't owe anyone of you an explanation, you have been mistaken him to be an Igbo man, he came to clarify that he is not Igbo. shikenna

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by Benwallt(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2023
Being Igbo is the saddest thing that can happen to a man. It is tumultuous and cancerous
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by Benwallt(m): 3:08pm On May 04, 2023
tungamaje:

Your jealousy toward the Igbos will kill you one day. You better repent from hating on God's children

Igbo is a composition of varying multinational ethnic rejects.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by tungamaje: 3:17pm On May 04, 2023
Benwallt:

Igbo is a composition of varying multinational ethnic rejects.
You are free to believe whatever makes you happy. But Igbos are the number 1 tribe in Nigeria. And that's why at the mention of their name, the media people make a lot of money

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by Benwallt(m): 3:26pm On May 04, 2023
tungamaje:

You are free to believe whatever makes you happy. But Igbos are the number 1 tribe in Nigeria. And that's why at the mention of their name, the media people make a lot of money

Be deceiving yourself
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by MrAgbako: 3:30pm On May 04, 2023
kingthreat:

But Ogochukwu is an Igbo name
as well as ifeayin adeleke

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:56pm On May 04, 2023
SpatialKing:

Exactly my point

The easiest way to penetrate APC government and get juicy appointments is to deny or say you hate Igbos that's all..

Remember Ameachi is hated by APC today for identifying he is Igbo...
While Wike is their new bride because he hates and denied Igbo

No body hate ameachi because of that in APC , he was pain because didn't win party pry.and you guys began to hate wine because he outlawed the ipob and recently hatred increase for supported bat
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by Woodaz: 9:20pm On May 04, 2023
Yorubas are useless and will never be nigerians president forever
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by SpatialKing(m): 9:23pm On May 04, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

No body hate ameachi because of that in APC , he was pain because didn't win party pry.and you guys began to hate wine because he outlawed the ipob and recently hatred increase for supported bat

No APC was pained because he didn't support your candidate
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by Woodaz: 9:40pm On May 04, 2023
If you wish I forgive them simply send the 7,000 naira they collected from me today with force to stanbic ibtc in the name of Macaulay Emmanuel Ogbeide 0040450198. To contact for more details which led to the curse. call 09137646928
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by mayor1814: 10:15pm On May 04, 2023
richmond500:
he doesn't owe anyone of you an explanation, you have been mistaken him to be an Igbo man, he came to clarify that he is not Igbo. shikenna

Who mistakes him for an Igbo man? Who cares where he comes from? E.g is anybody talking about where okocha or amunike or finidi comes from? He carry himself come public talk sey he is not Igbo.

Since he's clarified he's not Igbo and he's not ready to clarify where he comes from, we can assume he's isoko or urhobo or even Yoruba. Simple.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by richmond500: 5:23am On May 05, 2023
mayor1814:

Who mistakes him for an Igbo man? Who cares where he comes from? E.g is anybody talking about where okocha or amunike or finidi comes from? He carry himself come public talk sey he is not Igbo.

Since he's clarified he's not Igbo and he's not ready to clarify where he comes from, we can assume he's isoko or urhobo or even Yoruba. Simple.
assume whatever you like

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh by mayor1814: 6:26pm On May 06, 2023
richmond500:
assume whatever you like

Good. Now u understand. Until he tells us his tribe,I can assume oliseh is Yoruba. Simple.

And if I assume he's isoko. Good too.

Once again, nobody gives a bleep where he comes from. If he had kept quiet, nobody will debate or discuss anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FIFA Launches Online Tool To Track Club's Progress For 2025 Club World Cup / 1960bet Mathematical Football Predictions, Tips, Statistics / I Can't Keep Winning Alone...profit Every Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.