Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu (4986 Views)

Edo State House Of Assembly Crisis: Hon. Partrick Obahiagbon Finally Speaks / Edo Assembly Crisis: ‘oshiomhole 15’ Relocates To Abuja Over Threat To Lives / Charles Idahosa: Blame Oshiomhole for Edo Assembly crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Metrix147: 5:17pm On May 04, 2023
A House of Assembly member-elect, Abia State House of Assembly, Obingwa West State Constituency, Erondu Uchenna Erondu Jr has denied involvement in the crisis rocking the state legislative House, saying he has no hand in it.

He said he is not yet a member of the Assembly and couldn't have instigated the crisis.

In a statement on Thursday, Erondu said the allegation that he provided finances to effect leadership change is unfounded, urging Abians to ignore such.

Some members of the Assembly on Tuesday announced the impeachment of the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, accusing him of pocketing the Assembly for years.

The deputy speaker, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Uchendu who has been suspended and removed from office accused the Speaker of eating his (Uchendu) entitlement for 12 months.

He said, "It is self-evident that I am not yet a member of the Abia State House of Assembly.I am therefore at a loss as to how I would have galvanised the 16 members who participated in the May 2, 2023 Sitting of the House when I am not yet their colleague.

"At no point did I give any Legislator of the present 7th Assembly any money to effect the change of speakership of the Abia House of Assembly.

"At no point did I engage anyone to obtain on my behalf the buy-in of members of the 7th Assembly which i am not a member, for the speakership position of the 8th Assembly as these rumours seem to suggest."

The incoming Assembly member expressed shock that his name is being associated with the internal wrangling in the House, stating that he is not in any way connected to the day-to-day activities of the House and cannot possibly be a beneficiary of the outcome of the crisis in whatever way

He said his trauders are the ones peddling such malicious accusations against him in a desperate effort to soil his hard-earned image.

"It is clear that these malicious allegations cum rumour are part of a surreptitious strategy being orchestrated by my traducers who are intent on soiling my good image and by implication that of this government which I have served creditably. I, therefore, wish to plead that these unfounded and malicious allegations should stop forthwith as it will not serve any useful purpose.

"I advise the idle minds manufacturing these lies and rumours and seeking to drag my name down to look for a meaningful venture to engage their brains rather than this reckless path of character assassination which CAN NEVER BE THE EXCLUSIVE PRESERVE OF ANY PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS," he concluded.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/count-me-out-of-abia-assembly-crisis-says-hon-erondu-jr/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Illuminatiship(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2023
If the house get sense make them impeach their governor okezie ikpeazu this man na junky..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by 004gist: 7:59am On May 05, 2023
since the kerosene governor lost out with his pdp ... aba has been a refuse dump.... asapa has refused to park dirty from th City.

am sure they have not been paid that's why
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by tiswell(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2023
Abia will be purged of desperate looters,cos LP will see things done properly.

Abians, your liberation is here!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by money121(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Ilemina(f): 8:01am On May 05, 2023
Okay
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by odinga1of: 8:02am On May 05, 2023
Abia Politricks is tricky cheesy cheesy
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by greatiyk4u(m): 8:07am On May 05, 2023
The era of continuous good news from Abia state has come

Not increased IGR news without any corresponding developments rather looting growth as we hear from
Ogun
Oyo
Lagos

Do you know Lagos state 1 year budget of 1.5Trn is equivalent to Anambra 6 years budget of 250M/yr?
Can same be said in developments witnessed among the 2 states?
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Patrickyemi: 8:09am On May 05, 2023
Omo this forthcoming administration go tough o, everybody should have multiple stream of income o. As for me I use YouTube and it pays my dues very well. If you want to learn about YouTube, I can mentor you mention me if interested 🥰
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by sekundosekundo: 9:00am On May 05, 2023
My senior brother pls don't mind them.
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Burgerlomo: 9:13am On May 05, 2023
I wonder ooo, how can a member "elect" participate or instigate an impeachment because ayam not understanding
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Afonjacrusder(f): 9:36am On May 05, 2023
Erondu, Ikpeazu and Agbazuere are the cancers that destroyed Abia State.
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2023
Afonjacrusder:
Erondu, Ikpeazu and Agbazuere are the cancers that destroyed Abia State.

Explain more please...I know little about stuffs there
Re: Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu by omohayek: 10:23am On May 05, 2023
greatiyk4u:
The era of continuous good news from Abia state has come

Not increased IGR news without any corresponding developments rather looting growth as we hear from
Ogun
Oyo
Lagos

Do you know Lagos state 1 year budget of 1.5Trn is equivalent to Anambra 6 years budget of 250M/yr?
Can same be said in developments witnessed among the 2 states?
A story about Abia, and your response is all about Oyo, Ogun and Lagos! If this obsession isn't manifestation of an inferiority complex, what is?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje: Good Governance Will Stop Military Coups In West Africa / NNPC Records N13.43bn In Trading Surplus (dailytrust) / I Can't Believe This Is Happening In My Country And People Are Quiet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.