Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? (1110 Views)

Rent A Car Dubai - Top Deals In Dubai - 2020 Best Rent A Cars / The ODO Symbol That Pops Up Alongside A Cars Digital Speedometer. / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 9:06pm On May 04, 2023
An acquaintance has a 2005-07 Toyota corolla. As we all know these cars are beasts in the fuel economy department. However my friends has an ac problem. Apparently the thermostat no dey work. He went to a mechanic and the mechanic said it must be replaced with a new one. The connection of the old one was cut but it remained in place meanwhile the new one was connected near the old one but problem still persisted.

So now We went to another mechanic who advised us to just install a peugeut system that it will be best for the car. So I was wondering because with the way fuel subsidy maybe removed hope it won't lead to higher fuel consumption?
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by OgbeniOja1: 9:09pm On May 04, 2023
I'm interested in this
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by yarimo(m): 10:03pm On May 04, 2023
It will still consumed normal fuel as before, hope your engine is in good condition. Because Peugeot compressor are very strong especially 406 and 206
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by sultaan(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2023
How is it possible to cut a vehicle part and install another thermostat on the side
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by olumzzz(m): 7:37am On May 05, 2023
sultaan:
How is it possible to cut a vehicle part and install another thermostat on the side
I believe he's talking about the AC thermostat.
An external one is usually installed by kazeems when the follow-come no dey "cut" again
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by fineboynl(m): 10:24am On May 05, 2023
olumzzz:

An external one is usually installed by kazeems when the follow-come no dey "cut" again
lol
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 7:39pm On May 05, 2023
You are spot on
olumzzz:

Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 7:41pm On May 05, 2023
Okay does it overwork the engine?
yarimo:
It will still consumed normal fuel as before, hope your engine is in good condition. Because Peugeot compressor are very strong especially 406 and 206
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by yarimo(m): 7:57pm On May 05, 2023
AdamZaria97:
Okay does it overwork the engine?
yes
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2023
Since it overworks the engine is there any alternative you would suggest? Also what would be the price?
yarimo:
yes
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by yarimo(m): 10:59pm On May 12, 2023
AdamZaria97:
Since it overworks the engine is there any alternative you would suggest? Also what would be the price?
If your engine is strong get 206 or 406 compressor, but if you know your engine is not that strong just get new Toyota Corolla compressor of that same model of yours . 206 or 406 compressor is cheaper than that of your Corolla. 206 or 406 are less than 30k while that of Corolla is beyond #30k . Notes... market price change
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 2:08pm On May 14, 2023
I will just advise my friend to get the toyota one to be safe.

Also will I have to change thermostat in your opinion?
yarimo:
If your engine is strong get 206 or 406 compressor, but if you know your engine is not that strong just get new Toyota Corolla compressor of that same model of yours . 206 or 406 compressor is cheaper than that of your Corolla. 206 or 406 are less than 30k while that of Corolla is beyond #30k . Notes... market price change
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by yarimo(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2023
AdamZaria97:
I will just advise my friend to get the toyota one to be safe.

Also will I have to change thermostat in your opinion?
Change the thermostat
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 4:02pm On May 15, 2023
I'll relay the info. Should the old one remain where it is or should it be removed altogether?
yarimo:
Change the thermostat
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by yarimo(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2023
AdamZaria97:
I'll relay the info. Should the old one remain where it is or should it be removed altogether?
it should remain where the old one is
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2023
Okay I have the full picture.
1. Change condenser.
2. Change thermostat.
Understood.

Do you know anything about painting car to look shiny(same colour)?
What about tinting. I'm thinking about these 2 things for my own car because of the sun.
yarimo:
it should remain where the old one is
Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by yarimo(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2023
AdamZaria97:
Okay I have the full picture.
1. Change condenser.
2. Change thermostat.
Understood.

Do you know anything about painting car to look shiny(same colour)?
What about tinting. I'm thinking about these 2 things for my own car because of the sun.
For tinted hope you are not someone that is scared of police and others if yes don't do it , but if no just get the super dack tinted. And for the shining I don't have much idea on it .

1 Like

Re: Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? by AdamZaria97(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2023
Haha I will apply and pay for tint permit first nau to avoid problem.
yarimo:
For tinted hope you are not someone that is scared of police and others if yes don't do it , but if no just get the super dack tinted. And for the shining I don't have much idea on it .

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Avalon 97 Model / How Reliable Is A Mitsubishi Lancer Glx 2004 Model / Did You Lose Your Vehicle Recently To Car Snatchers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.