Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Napoli Win First Serie A Title For 33 Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli Win First Serie A Title For 33 Years (196 Views)

Osimhen Returns With Winning Assist To Nullify Lookman's Goal In Napoli's Win / ‘I Waited For 17 Years’- Ighalo Elated To Win First Career League Crown / Osimhen Celebrates First Serie A Goal With #ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Napoli Win First Serie A Title For 33 Years by WTGNews(m): 6:35am On May 05, 2023
Napoli have won their first Scudetto since 1990 after Victor Osimhen’s second-half goal secured a 1-1 draw at Udinese on Thursday night.

They came within six minutes of securing the title on Sunday, but drew with Salernitana, meaning that Lazio had a mathematical chance to overtake the runaway leaders. That chance has now disappeared, with Napoli’s lead now at 16 points with just five games remaining in the season.

Sandi Lovrić’s clinical finish from inside the penalty area on 13 minutes rocked Luciano Spalletti’s side, who struggled to create chances at the other end, although Osimhen threatened with a couple of first-half headers.

But when the Nigeria striker pounced 12 minutes after half-time, calmly side-footing in a rebound, it sparked celebrations among thousands of travelling Napoli supporters.

“I’m happy for all Napoli fans worldwide,” Osimhen said. “No one deserves the Scudetto more than Neapolitans — more than us. I don’t care who scored, I just wanted to get the Scudetto.”

“I want to enjoy this moment for the rest of my life. Then after the season my other dreams can come,” Osimhen continued. “But for now it’s not a time to talk about my other dreams. I wanted to win this.”

Napoli, this is for you,” coach Spalletti said. ”There are people here who will be able to get through difficult moments in their lives because they remember this moment. These people deserve all the joy.”

Cc: Honeric01
Re: Napoli Win First Serie A Title For 33 Years by WTGNews(m): 6:38am On May 05, 2023
What a day for Napoli fans after 33years of waiting. Congratulations to them and a big congratulations to Victor Osimhen for his heroic goals and contribution. Indeed he is a man on the lips of so many today both in Italy and beyond...
Re: Napoli Win First Serie A Title For 33 Years by VenExchangee: 6:48am On May 05, 2023
grin

(1) (Reply)

Liberian President Weah Congratulates Osimhen, Says He Can Win D’or / Tyson Fury's Dad Disagrees With Son On Deontay Wilder-anthony Joshua Prediction / Ansufati Fati's Father Is Right: Barcelona's 'new Lionel Messi' Needs To Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.