Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,672 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Taking The Ham Out Of Abraham – Yes Or No? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taking The Ham Out Of Abraham – Yes Or No? (545 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / "Isaac" Is Not The Seed Of "Abraham" States Pst. Chris Oyakhilome -A Clear Error / Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking The Ham Out Of Abraham – Yes Or No? by amor4ce(m): 1:55am On Sep 25, 2011
/p1jWnJ-1W

The name Abraham is said to mean father of nations and that for Ham is said to be burnt or black. What I don’t yet understand is how the former was arrived at given the similarity of the spelling in Hebrew of ham in both names.

Hebrew is written from right to left

Abraham  אברהם

Ham            הם

Aren’t the meanings of words derivable from their roots?

I don’t yet know much about linguistics but am I not seeing an attempt to give Ham a bad name in order to hang him?

Why is the name HAM not said to mean NATION or MULTITUDE?

http://yemitom./2011/09/21/taking-the-ham-out-of-abraham-yes-or-no/

(1) (Reply)

Protect The Church Of Jesus Christ / Is There A God? / Where Are The Men Of God Shout Indoors And Quite Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.