Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Obaseki Hails Public Servants As Edo Bags Most Improved State In Youth, Women - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obaseki Hails Public Servants As Edo Bags Most Improved State In Youth, Women (193 Views)

Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement / Jaiz Bank Wins Most Improved Islamic Bank Award / Nigeria Named Among Top 10 Most Improved Economies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Hails Public Servants As Edo Bags Most Improved State In Youth, Women by Aisosa25: 3:59pm On May 05, 2023
Obaseki hails public servants as Edo bags Most Improved State in Youth, Women Development

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has dedicated the award for good governance bestowed on him by BusinessDay Newspapers to public servants in the State.

The governor, in his remarks after receiving the Award as Most Improved State in Youth and Women Development 2021, at Abuja Continental Hotel, in Abuja, said public servants who have served with him since 2016 he became governor were even more deserving of the honour.

According to him, “I thank you for this award. It is good to be reminded that the reward for hard work is more work. For us in Edo State, this is not an award for Governor Godwin Obaseki. It is an award for the very hard-working public servants in Edo State who have journeyed with me since I got into office in November 2016.”

On his travail in office, the governor said, “For the country, you know the story of Edo. It is not that we are fighters, but we have to fight to survive and when you look back six and a half years, I don’t know how we could have done it without brilliant, hardworking, resilient young men and women who have worked with me.”

Noting that the state has made tremendous progress in reforming public education, he said: “I am very proud of what we have achieved. Without being immodest, we have reset education in Edo such that the next generation of children will be globally competitive.”

PHOTO CAPTION

DSC_01

Publisher/CEO, BusinessDay Media Limited, Frank Aigbogun (right) presenting a souvenir to Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin 0baseki, during the 2023 BusinessDay Good Governance/Public Service Award in Abuja.

DSC_02
L-R: Director General, NITDA, Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi; Director General, NCAA, Musa Nuhu; Deputy Governor, Gombe State, Manassah Daniel Jatau; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, Publisher/CEO, BusinessDay Media Limited, Frank Aigbogun, and Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, during the 2023 BusinessDay Good Governance/Public Service Award in Abuja.

DSC_003
L-R: Chairman, Edo State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Anthony Aziegbemi; Senator representing Edo Central, Clifford Ordia; Senator representing Edo North, Francis Alemikhena; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin 0baseki; Publisher/CEO, BusinessDay Media Limited, Frank Aigbogun, Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Marcus Onobun, during the 2023 BusinessDay Good Governance/Public Service Award in Abuja.

Re: Obaseki Hails Public Servants As Edo Bags Most Improved State In Youth, Women by Osifo2023: 4:13pm On May 05, 2023
The needful most be done at all times in life. And this are signs of effective administration

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Make From Side Hustle Each Year? / Continue To Fear Women / Obaseki, Edo Hos, Okungbowa Salute Workers, Assure Better Opportunities, Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.