Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Former Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu Finally Bags 9 Years And Eight .. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Former Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu Finally Bags 9 Years And Eight .. (216 Views)

Ozo Visits Senator Ike Ekweremadu (Photos) / I Am Proud Of My Big Buttocks – Former Deputy Minister ,victoria Hamah / Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu Finally Bags 9 Years And Eight .. by AfricanGlitz(f): 4:44pm On May 05, 2023
Former Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu Finally Bags 9 Years And Eight Months In UK Jail Over Organ Harvesting

A former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu has been jailed in the UK. According to the sentence handed down by a UK court today, he will serve 9 years and eight months in prison. He was jailed for plotting to traffic a young man to the UK to harvest his organ for their sick daughter in a legal first, according to Metro UK. Following a landmark modern slavery case, multi-millionaire Senator Ike Ekweremadu, 60, his wife Beatrice, 56, and medical ‘middleman’ Dr Obinna Obeta, 51, were found guilty at the Old Bailey in March.

Their victim, a poor street trader in Lagos, was brought to the UK to provide a kidney for the Ekweremadus’ 25-year-old daughter Sonia. He fled in fear of his life and walked into a police station exactly a year ago to report what had happened after the Royal Free Hospital called a halt on the private £80,000 procedure. In a televised sentencing on Friday, Mr Justice Johnson recognised Ike Ekweremadu’s ‘substantial fall from grace’ as he jailed him for nine years and eight months.

To read more, follow this link https://africanglitz.com/2023/05/05/former-deputy-senate-president-ike-ekweremadu-finally-bags-9-years-and-eight-months-in-uk-jail-over-organ-harvesting/

(1) (Reply)

Free Business Proposal By Lagostag.com (check) / Veteran Nollywood Actor, Saint Obi Is Dead / Guinness World Record: Hilda Baci Hits 96hrs Cooking Time Extends To 100 Hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.