Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio (29316 Views)

List Of Senators-elect So Far Declared- Premium Times / Apc Members Reject Akpabio As Political Leader / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Okhuadams(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2023
Illuminatiship:
I stand with pdp on this why will you elect a known thief to be the president of the Senate.apc will never know peace.
Stand or unstand it's APC choice all ur standing with Peturu Obino what happened

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by eeetuk(m): 10:23pm On May 06, 2023
Opposition voices "He is offering us money but we don’t want his money because he is not principled. He will eventually sell out the Senate if allowed to emerge the Senate President."

Akpabio does not need the support of PDP senators to be elected senate president. APC in the senate has a clear majority to elect Akpabio as senate majority leader (57). However, my problem with Akpabio as the senate president is he is an ibo man. Akpabio is not from South/south side. He is from Anambra state. I wished someone in the Senate has brought up this key fact about Akapbio bio. Akwa Ibom State deserves to be given senate president, but Akpabio is not our man from South/south. So, stop calling and crediting Akpabio candidacy to South/South because he is an Ibo man, Period.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 10:25pm On May 06, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
Ibo should support Akpabio

Keep kwayet!!! You're a nobody. You no get weight. So keep shut!
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by HussenAdul: 10:28pm On May 06, 2023
BrotherFolake:
😎

Dead on arrival.

PDP senators ko northern senators ni. We know their game plan. Those people are senators from the North.
We Southerns will never allow the North to have their way.

A Northerner, not again, we will never give any Northerner any appointment again. It won't be business as usual.

Buhari regime is over, the North will never rule Nigeria again
Are u elected as a senator?
Are u going to vote?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Jogs1900: 10:29pm On May 06, 2023
patrickcollins:
Well they are all fighting for their selfish interest, not with regards to the good of the masses. Who ever becomes the president will fetch me nothing even if he happens to be from my state, so na their cup of tea. These insatiable old greedy politicians has damaged this country.
True.
Don't let us deceive ourselves ...All these Naija politicians are all greedy and selfish.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Aguodo(m): 10:37pm On May 06, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/senate-presidency-pdp-senators-elect-reject-akpabio/

Akpabio is just a comic actor and I am very sure he will turn the floor to a comedy session. He's not a trustworthy fellow.

Trust him at your own peril.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by searchlight: 10:40pm On May 06, 2023
bobobenz:
MAKING AKPABIO THE SENATE PRESIDENT WITH HIS CORRUPTION CASES HANGING OVER HIS HEAD DOESNT GIVE A GOOD SIGNAL FOR THE INCOMING ADMINISTRATION THAT IS ALREADY ENMESHED IN CORRUPTION
Lol is Tinubu corrupt free? Who is still taking corruption into consideration before anything in this country? Infact Akpabio is corrupt enough to be senate president. If Tinubu stays as president I will never meddle in anything government. Let them do their wish because you can't stop them.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by plaetton: 10:41pm On May 06, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/senate-presidency-pdp-senators-elect-reject-akpabio/
I will say that Nigerians deserve everything they get from their political leaders.
In fact , they deserve more punishment, more humiliation and more pauperization from their new elected governments at all levels.

In any country where the president chooses the leadership of the parliament, that country cannot be said said to be practicing democracy.
Therefore, Nigeria's Democracy has obviously failed.
The lawmaking body is supposed to be completely independent as a separate arm of government. The legislative function is primarily to checkmate and hold the executive arm of government accountable.
When the head of the executive arm ultimately decides who is the speaker or senate president, then this democratic experiment has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by searchlight: 10:45pm On May 06, 2023
IamNat:
Is there anyone APC will present that PDP will support? They will always be against anything backed by the APC, so this is not surprising in any way.

Also I see those people who said Tinubu won't win the presidential election throwing caution to the wind again. They are always fast to jump on anything against Tinubu and time and time again, the man as always proven them wrong. Well let them enjoy this few days of bragging again until Akpabio becomes the SP when they will revert back to their default mode of always wailing.

Finally, I'm glad they have agreed now that Tinubu will be sworn in as the president, they may not agree by their words but by mere discussing Akpabio as SP who has been nominated by BAT, one way or the other, they have agreed.

I also see some southerners shouting that what PDP is doing is great, they have forgotten that those people are rooting for a northern SP, before they'll latter come and be castigating Tinubu for not evenly distributing appointment o.

And unfortunately for PDP, constitutionally, SP can only come from APC which is the majority party, so wether they like it or not, APC will still be SP.
Now that Tinubu has won the presidency let him change Nigeria for better. I wonder how a political cheat will not be an economic cheat and cheat in everything. Let's see how he will change my life and that of your father's in your village. Good luck to the electoral thieve.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by IamNat: 11:12pm On May 06, 2023
searchlight:
Now that Tinubu has won the presidency let him change Nigeria for better. I wonder how a political cheat will not be an economic cheat and cheat in everything. Let's see how he will change my life and that of your father's in your village. Good luck to the electoral thieve.

He will not only change your life, he will change that of your entire generation, including your mother who's job is to sweep the street, they will all be removed from poverty, just relax and don't be hate filled.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by caracas: 11:16pm On May 06, 2023
Jogs1900:
It's expected but unfortunately for PDP, APC is in the majority here.
Its obviou you do not understand politics in Nigeria,
So in your mind you think the whole of the Apc senators including the ones from the north will sheepishly support akpabio?all because he’s been endorsed by the party hierarchy?
Yari will definitely have at least 15 senators that will vote for him. Now add that to the opposition n minus 15 from Apc senators…..

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Jogs1900: 11:32pm On May 06, 2023
caracas:

So in your mind you think the whole of the Apc senators including the ones from the north will sheepishly support akpabio?all because he’s been endorsed by the party hierarchy?
Yari will definitely have at least 15 senators that will vote for him. Now add that to the opposition n minus 15 from Apc senators…..
If you understand politics, you should know that the opposition parties can be easily penetrated..LP, YPP, PDP, NNPP and SDP.

Don't forget that all Rivers state senators are voting APC...SDP will vote APC too.
NNPP can play ball if APC offers them something tangible.
Think about it .

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by encryptjay(m): 11:48pm On May 06, 2023
Aquote author=nepapole post=122975257]Msheeeeeeew.... [/quote]
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Natural2Heal: 11:55pm On May 06, 2023
Does PDP have a say? APC is the majority
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Tareq1105: 11:59pm On May 06, 2023
Illuminatiship:
I stand with pdp on this why will you elect a known thief to be the president of the Senate.apc will never know peace.

Tell me one politician that's not a thief? No saint politician can win councillorship seat in Nigeria.

Forget I beg.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Tareq1105: 12:04am On May 07, 2023
caracas:

Please who's Yari?

Yari doesn't have the charisma.

You think senators in the opposition don't have sense?

Why would they want to vote another Muslim (Yari) for Senate president, number 3 citizen?

Think about it.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Tareq1105: 12:06am On May 07, 2023
Natural2Heal:
Does PDP have a say? APC is the majority

PDP has 38 senators and about 7 of them are for Akpabio.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Becomrichn: 1:01am On May 07, 2023
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by silaswills01(m): 1:28am On May 07, 2023
BERNIMOORE:
2/3rd nope

Exactly APC is no longer the sole majority to make an absolute decision they aren't the majority 2/3 no more
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Access03(m): 1:47am On May 07, 2023
Revolution2022:
Akpabio is trying by all means to evade efcc arrest and prosecution.

No impunity as a SP- (Legislators, Judiciary).
It's only for the Executive arms of the government!
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by AK481(m): 1:48am On May 07, 2023
If them born kalu well make him accept that rubbish .

SE don't want ,we are already positioning LP so obi can play a proper role model to SE. A man of integrity , we don't want any person that will come and challenge obi in any SE election .
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Access03(m): 1:48am On May 07, 2023
silaswills01:

Exactly APC is no longer the sole majority to make an absolute decision they aren't the majority 2/3 no more

It's only a simple majority, sir! ✔
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Access03(m): 1:52am On May 07, 2023
Becomrichn:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lying machine!

University of Ibadan, Ibadan
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Federal University of Technology, Akure
Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
University of Lagos, Akoka Yaba

Guess they're your private varsities!😁
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Access03(m): 2:09am On May 07, 2023
Tareq1105:

PDP has 38 senators and about 7 of them are for Akpabio.

SW- 3 ( All Osun senatorial seats).
SS- 11 (AKS- 3, Bayelsa- 3, CRS- 1, Delta- 1, Rivers- 3).
SE- 1(Enugu West)
NE- 8 (Adamawa- 2, Bauchi- 2, Gombe- 2, Taraba- 2).
NW- 9 (Kebbi- 3, Zamfara- 1, Sokoto- 1, Kaduna- 3, Jigawa- 1).
NC- 5 (Plateau- 2, Nasarrawa- 1, Benue- 1, Niger- 1).
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:25am On May 07, 2023
Jogs1900:

If all APC votes for Akpabio, he will be the next senate president
unfortunately, all will not vote for him except he does not have an opponent from APC
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Arabaincubus: 2:31am On May 07, 2023
Off the Mic.
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Enemyofpeace: 3:23am On May 07, 2023
Wahala go plenty for the national assembly o
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by Asswipemod: 3:32am On May 07, 2023
seunmsg:
Sensible report from realizable sources.

😝😝
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by doneback04: 3:56am On May 07, 2023
The Evils that men do will always leave with them, hahahaha AKpabio sorry you where not inform that they will betrayed you at Last, I can remember during campaign u said we should all support tinubu not knowing u where pushing innocent people to support your personal interest,
go home and cry well grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio by eldoradoxx: 4:12am On May 07, 2023
If PDP still has smart politicians, this is the best moment to form alliance with Labour Party and NNPP at least in the National Assembly and give APC a run for their money. The truth is that a united opposition in the National Assembly will unsettle APC which does not command the majority as it used to. Both PDP and Labour as well as NNPP took a large chunk of the seats formally belonging to APC so that Tinubu will not have it easy like Buhari in the National Assembly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Senator Jonah Jang In Court Today / "You Can't Accuse Me Of Stealing" - Buhari To Critics / Herdsmen Massacre 43, Injure Many In Benue IDP Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.