Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend (1136 Views)

Order/purchase Ur Tokunbo Engine And Gearboxes / What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? / Synthetic Motor Oil Versus Conventional Motor Oil Cold Pour Comparison Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2023
I have been running experiment recently with my car engine to know what works better,

Before you switch to synthetic oil you need to watch this, before now the gap between synthetic oil and mineral oil is huge but now, its very tiny, so switched to synthetic and you will be shocked what happened to my engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kW6nqZpoOg

1 Like

Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by jceesquare(m): 9:23am On May 07, 2023
Bros; synthetic or no synthetic, the No. 1 killer for all engine is using the wrong oil weight for the car over a prolong time coupled with late and extended oil change, and that death comes quickly during cold start as it will take the oil longer time to flow to vital components especially to the top.
The synthetic material in the oil is just a bloody cleaning agent to help prevent sludge formation amongst other things.
What killed your engine is sludge build up from mineral oil (other factors to would contribute to it) and widened gaps in the cylinder wall from using wrong oil weight.
The synthetic oil just exposed the true state of your engine to you.

5 Likes

Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by mrcoolautofix(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2023
jceesquare:
Bros; synthetic or no synthetic, the No. 1 killer for all engine is using the wrong oil weight for the car over a prolong time coupled with late and extended oil change, and that death comes quickly during cold start as it will take the oil longer time to flow to vital components especially to the top.
The synthetic material in the oil is just a bloody cleaning agent to help prevent sludge formation amongst other things.
What killed your engine is sludge build up from mineral oil (other factors to would contribute to it) and widened gaps in the cylinder wall from using wrong oil weight.
The synthetic oil just exposed the true state of your engine to you.
You are not entirely wrong or correct. Synthetic oil is not meant for all car engine..
Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by easytig(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2023
If you are using mineral oil (20w50)for oil changes regularly and you suddenly switch to synthetic oil ,(5w30)(5w,20)you will definitely encounter what you just shown,drain off the synthetic oil and Continue using the thick oil you and the car were used to.

1 Like

Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2023
easytig:
If you are using mineral oil (20w50)for oil changes regularly and you suddenly switch to synthetic oil ,(5w30)(5w,20)you will definitely encounter what you just shown,drain off the synthetic oil and Continue using the thick oil you and the car were used to.
You are talking fact!!

1 Like

Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by baylord77(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2023
I truly agree with this video. Very educative and I look forward to more from you.

Currently in that dilemma as I just changed the engine of my CRV.

Would just stick to the mineral oil.
Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:10am On May 14, 2023
baylord77:
I truly agree with this video. Very educative and I look forward to more from you.

Currently in that dilemma as I just changed the engine of my CRV.

Would just stick to the mineral oil.

Sure, Even better version.. you are a different breed, 98.9% will read the thread and argue then stop here, then forget the essence of the message in the video..
Re: I Used Synthethic Motor Oil In My Engine And This Happend by Treadway: 6:23pm On May 15, 2023
Ok. First, Castrol makes synthetic oils mostly in fact I only knew the synthetics until I started seeing the ones they sell at Enyo stations.. those crappy mineral ones are made here in Nigeria but sold with that name, esp that 20w50..it is made somewhere in Ogun state, buy the keg and check. It is crappy cos it is not even Api SL, when we don dey SN+ (Mobil XHP) and oando Api SN certified

Second, what happened here is that the former user was likely not using synthetic, he/she was likely using 20w50. The engine has become accustomed to that viscosity, and one of the downsides of that is that those clearances you talked about are now wider, due to the wear and tear the engine has undergone to pump and circulate the oil. Now when you switch from using high viscosity 20w50 to low viscosity synthetics which I am guessing you used either 5w20/30 ( I know synthetics also have high viscosity types) then you will have mad oil burn cos a lot of the oil will seep through the open clearance. It can even get worse when the car has sludge and then you pour in a synthetic that basically washes all that sludge off into the system, that one na serous gbege!

The solution has been said in this section many times. If a car has been serviced with 20w50 for 2 years or more, just continue using the 20w50

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

05 Nissan Xterra Gearbox / Audi/vw Cars Owners/users Here / What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.