Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. (1596 Views)

Fuel Pumps For Sale / Toyota Recalling 1.8 Million Vehicles Because Fuel Pumps Can Fail / Fuel Pumps In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 7bucklife: 8:09pm On May 07, 2023
Fuel pump wohala. The last pump I got for 6k packed up a mo th and 2 weeks ,I got another one 2 days ago for 5000,that one did not even start my engine. Now I'm planning to buy another fake fuel pump for 9k tmrw. The botch fuel pump I got from amazon at 60$ has still not arrived nigeria. Once the new pump gets hot,it starts vibrating the car and stops supplying fuel,car will stall. I'm fed up of wasting money on fake fuel pump. Help me.
Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by Pointatob: 11:25pm On May 07, 2023
Which car is that? If you are in Lagos I ship parts to Nigeria I will give u direct oem not touched.
Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 7bucklife: 8:18am On May 08, 2023
Lexus gs 300 2004 model. This is the 4th fake fuel pump I am buying. Rewire has checked relays,everything is normal. Fake fuel pump

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by Ejebleje: 9:19am On May 08, 2023
If a mechanic had told you to pay 20k for a fuel pump, you must've refused . But now you have spent 20k already and counting.

No dey manage when it comes to cars . If necessary ,park the car till you can save up for the real deal,and this is me talking from experience.

I hope the one you got from Amazon serves you well and if I were you,I'll wait until that one arrives before I drive that car again

3 Likes

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 7bucklife: 11:09am On May 08, 2023
I cannot wait,its my daily car and cost of transportation only will wreck me. I'm waiting for the tokunbo pump,amazon said my order will arrive by 30th of May... so na to manage am till then. I can't waste my savings on transport when tokunbo fuel pump will save me for the main time. I appreciate.
Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 9icetoo(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2023
7bucklife:
I cannot wait,its my daily car and cost of transportation only will wreck me. I'm waiting for the tokunbo pump,amazon said my order will arrive by 30th of May... so na to manage am till then. I can't waste my savings on transport when tokunbo fuel pump will save me for the main time. I appreciate.

Change the entire assembly. Not just the pump.

3 Likes

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by clinician2x: 2:04pm On May 08, 2023
Na the same fuel pump i buy 4k put in my es 300, 2003 after I bought furl mixed with water and my car de fire de go. There is something you are missing. Those things u call China fuel pump no be ur problem. If u don't address it, the one u ordered from heaven will still fail.

2 Likes

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by emmancecute(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2023
7bucklife:
Fuel pump wohala. The last pump I got for 6k packed up a mo th and 2 weeks ,I got another one 2 days ago for 5000,that one did not even start my engine. Now I'm planning to buy another fake fuel pump for 9k tmrw. The botch fuel pump I got from amazon at 60$ has still not arrived nigeria. Once the new pump gets hot,it starts vibrating the car and stops supplying fuel,car will stall. I'm fed up of wasting money on fake fuel pump. Help me.
if you're in Lagos, go to Ladipo and look for EP fuel pump. I got it 10k last year, its been serving since then.
Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by jceesquare(m): 5:45am On May 09, 2023
7bucklife:
I understand that fake fuel pump are not sturdy enough to withstand abuse and last long. But trust me, for that pump to die that quick, you might have other issues with the car.
1. Driving on reserve tank kills pump prematurely because the fuel in the tank cools off the pump.
2. Buying bad petrol would contaminate the pump and kill it.
3. Extremely dirty fuel tank would make your pump suck up dirt and that's a pump killer.
4. Clogged filters would make your pump work harder than usual and heats up faster. You'll need to change all fuel filters and complete pump assembly for peace of mind.
5. You might be having poor ground connection and that gives off the impression of your pump dying.
6. Most rewire prefer running a direct ignition line to the fuel pump. This too is not good for your pump's health as it would work harder and on high flow unnecessarily longer reducing it's lifespan.
Kindly check all these before getting another pump.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by RoadMozart(m): 6:08am On May 09, 2023
jceesquare:

I understand that fake fuel pump are not sturdy enough to withstand abuse and last long. But trust me, for that pump to die that quick, you might have other issues with the car.
1. Driving on reserve tank kills pump prematurely because the fuel in the tank cools off the pump.
2. Buying bad petrol would contaminate the pump and kill it.
3. Extremely dirty fuel tank would make your pump suck up dirt and that's a pump killer.
4. Clogged filters would make your pump work harder than usual and heats up faster. You'll need to change all fuel filters and complete pump assembly for peace of mind.
5. You might be having poor ground connection and that gives off the impression of your pump dying.
6. Most rewire prefer running a direct ignition line to the fuel pump. This too is not good for your pump's health as it would work harder and on high flow unnecessarily longer reducing it's lifespan.
Kindly check all these before getting another pump.
You're right. I remember having some issues with my 2003 jeep liberty. Whenever it gets hot, the jeep won't accelerate. It would jerk until I stopped. I thought it was spark plugs. It was the fuel I bought that caused it tho.

Try getting fuel injector cleaner after refueling and add it to your tank. My own pov tho

1 Like

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 7bucklife: 7:38am On May 09, 2023
I later notice that toyota matrix fuel pump complete and mine are identical. So once the pump arrives,I will buy complete ,and keep the remaining two pumps inside my boot as emergency........... but how sure are you guys that fuel treatment being sold at filling station is not water o. Do u mean I would be shelling out 2000 after refil for injector cleaner,treatment. I serviced my injectors abt a month plus ago,so why will I be buying fuel treatment everytime. Henceforth,I've selected filling stations. The fuel pump given to me yesterday was for a v8
Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 7bucklife: 1:48pm On May 23, 2023
Hi there,today makes it the 15th day after installing the tokunbo v8 fuel pump. It backfired 3 days ago,2days ago it struggled to climb a hill briefly. So I got abandoned the car yesterday ,today it refused to start. I've done what my rewire did the last time,which was to blow fuel into the injector hose,still the car starts and goes off. So I would be reverting back to the fuel pump I got for 5k brand new later tomorrow. I guess all these pumps on the engine doesn't want to do even 3 months. A v8 pump now doing backfire. I buy fuel at 2 to 3 different filling stations and I cant lie.i have no clue which sells bad fuel. I can't wait for tinubu .
Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by nawaforyouo: 2:53pm On May 23, 2023
7bucklife:
Hi there,today makes it the 15th day after installing the tokunbo v8 fuel pump. It backfired 3 days ago,2days ago it struggled to climb a hill briefly. So I got abandoned the car yesterday ,today it refused to start. I've done what my rewire did the last time,which was to blow fuel into the injector hose,still the car starts and goes off. So I would be reverting back to the fuel pump I got for 5k brand new later tomorrow. I guess all these pumps on the engine doesn't want to do even 3 months. A v8 pump now doing backfire. I buy fuel at 2 to 3 different filling stations and I cant lie.i have no clue which sells bad fuel. I can't wait for tinubu .

you fuel filter might be clogged.

Change the entire assembly for a belguim one

if not you go sell that car because of fuel pump

1 Like

Re: China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me. by 7bucklife: 9:29am On Jun 19, 2023
Its not clogged,its free and it happened that all the dead tokunbo pumps i had been getting together with two bad ignition coils were the culprit. Issue of fuel pump had been solved .
nawaforyouo:

you fuel filter might be clogged.

Change the entire assembly for a belguim one

if not you go sell that car because of fuel pump

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sales Cars For Sale!!!!!!!! / My Camry Miss Fires / Check Out These Gyroscopic Transportation For The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.