Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm (2721 Views)

The Anambra Sex Party Wasn't Organized By Our Students - UNIZIK SUG / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k / 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 9:45am On May 08, 2023
Online sports betting should be made illegal. It is of no good to the society
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Parents should start paying school fees and other mandatory fees directly into the school account.
It still won't solve the issue. The best is to ban these betting companies
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by ItisWell22(f): 9:54am On May 08, 2023
The average Nigerian student is trying to have an extra source of income.

Pressure choke…
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2023
Sucre6:
Everything should be done in moderation, u see that thing called virtual, run like hell it will ruin you forever
Virtual or no virtual. Bet is bet. They will ruin one forever
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by CSTRR: 10:06am On May 08, 2023
If you are like me that has never been attracted to betting, I hope you know what God did for you.

5 Likes

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Sucre6: 10:15am On May 08, 2023
terrezo2002:

Virtual or no virtual. Bet is bet. They will ruin one forever

Moderation is important, I play bet too, I set out 1k to use play every weekend, and i dont go beyond that, and the money Isn'tt my real income, and my winnings are more than my input, there no month I dont win up to 20-50se and i dont play virtual, God forbid
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Tinubuwins2023e: 10:31am On May 08, 2023
terrezo2002:

It still won't solve the issue. The best is to ban these betting companies

You can't ban people's business
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by BigYash: 11:28am On May 08, 2023
Na today? E don tay nau.. Na Twitter make am come worst.. These many stupid punters on twitter when dey drop codes like say na rain dey fall. If you follow them,they will ruin you.. Except for a few who win consistently and with good odds to make up for the looses you might have incurred previously..

1 Like

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by 22o62021: 11:30am On May 08, 2023
You don't know what is going yin Uniben

Especially PT students

The money to block viurses is times 3 of school fees
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by BigYash: 11:30am On May 08, 2023
terrezo2002:
Online sports betting should be made illegal. It is of no good to the society
While rigging of elections and looting of national treasury made legal. Some dey wen dat bet don help,na gree dey ruin people not the bet. Every business get risk,what matters is how you manage the risk involved..
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Dominionplaza: 11:57am On May 08, 2023
haaa

"Upgrade your business with a modern office space at Dominion Plaza in Lekki! Rent starts at 50k/sqm/yr with service charge at 15k/sqm/yr. Prime location with easy access to transport links. Contact us on WhatsApp at 07062295199 for more info. #DominionPlaza #OfficeSpaceForRent #Lekki"
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by 9jaBlogger: 12:14pm On May 08, 2023
Lala Seun Mynd4 FP
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2023
BigYash:
While rigging of elections and looting of national treasury made legal. Some dey wen dat bet don help,na gree dey ruin people not the bet. Every business get risk,what matters is how you manage the risk involved..
Who says rigging and looting should be made legal?
Always want to justify wrong things with other wrong things

1 Like

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by BigYash: 12:26pm On May 08, 2023
terrezo2002:

Who says rigging and looting should be made legal?
Always want to justify wrong things with other wrong things
So if you make bet illegal now,which is a side hustle for some in the nation right now,which job are you providing for them ,and how much are you giving them as capital to start up something? If these same students beg you for a left while going to classes,will you stop for them? If they beg you for a thousand, will you give to them? At least betting is not yahoo yahoo. Let them be and if the school management is so concerned,there is something called scholarship.. Its for humans and not animals. Make bet illegal ,when politicians dey loot steady... Why not tell them to make looting illegal first,and make things work in the country.. Then watch and see how many students will want to bet,if they have all they need in school.
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2023
BigYash:
So if you make bet illegal now,which is a side hustle for some in the nation right now,which job are you providing for them ,and how much are you giving them as capital to start up something? If these same students beg you for a left while going to classes,will you stop for them? If they beg you for a thousand, will you give to them? At least betting is not yahoo yahoo. Let them be and if the school management is so concerned,there is something called scholarship.. Its for humans and not animals. Make bet illegal ,when politicians dey loot steady... Why not tell them to make looting illegal first,and make things work in the country.. Then watch and see how many students will want to bet,if they have all they need in school.
It seems you don't understand yourself. The story reads that students are losing their school fees on bet.
So your argument now is since there is no job, people should engage in betting that makes one poorer.
It is better you have no job than getting yourself ruined buy betting

1 Like

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by BigYash: 4:29pm On May 08, 2023
terrezo2002:

It seems you don't understand yourself. The story reads that students are losing their school fees on bet.
So your argument now is since there is no job, people should engage in betting that makes one poorer.
It is better you have no job than getting yourself ruined buy betting
I have seen persons whom this same bet has redeemed off poverty, and today they are big business men.. My point is every business has risk,so making it illegal because it has risk,its bulshit. I hope you see how you don't understand yourself now?
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 5:15pm On May 08, 2023
BigYash:
I have seen persons whom this same bet has redeemed off poverty, and today they are big business men.. My point is every business has risk,so making it illegal because it has risk,its bulshit. I hope you see how you don't understand yourself now?
You are still not understanding yourself. Gambling can't be equated to labour. Betting is winning money that is not your own.
You say you have seen persons betting has helped. I tell you that for every one person that won millions in herrings, millions of people are ruined. Some are even suicidal.
Betting is motivated by greed and lust for monetary gain without labour.
The world only becomes better place with hard labour. Imagine everyone is a gambler in this world, it would be utter disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by BigYash: 5:21pm On May 08, 2023
terrezo2002:

You are still not understanding yourself. Gambling can't be equated to labour. Betting is winning money that is not your own.
You say you have seen persons betting has helped. I tell you that for every one person that won millions in herrings, millions of people are ruined. Some are even suicidal.
Betting is motivated by greed and lust for monetary gain without labour.
The world only becomes better place with hard labour. Imagine everyone is a gambler in this world, it would be utter disaster.
Betting is a choice, and the last time checked they didn't force anybody to come place bet.. Even the super rich gambles ,so its a choice.. And common sense should tell any sensible person to quit what he or she is not benefiting from positively. You telling the government to prohibit bet is bulshit.. Total bulshit...
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by terrezo2002(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2023
BigYash:
Betting is a choice, and the last time checked they didn't force anybody to come place bet.. Even the super rich gambles ,so its a choice.. And common sense should tell any sensible person to quit what he or she is not benefiting from positively. You telling the government to prohibit bet is bulshit.. Total bulshit...
Yeah. Same way getting drunk, consuming hard drugs is a choice. Both the rich and the poor engage in it. If only common sense was enough to stop it, there won't be any need to make them illegal.
Betting has caused more harm than good in the society and so should be made illegal.
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by 9jaBlogger: 7:18pm On May 08, 2023
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

FP please
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by simple250: 10:32pm On May 08, 2023
I get 2 sure odd

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Fedrams: 4:49am On May 09, 2023
This is SUG alligation is 💯 correct and it's not only in uniben. I help someone borrow money from FairMoney to pay her brother school fees in one of the university in the East. The guy has once been given his school fees but confide in her sister that he use the money to pay bet Niger.

9jaBlogger:

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/05/08/our-students-using-their-school-fees-to-play-bet9ja-uniben-raises-alarm-metrowatch/
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Ndipe(m): 5:04am On May 09, 2023
Stay away from gambling.
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by VTJN(m): 5:34am On May 09, 2023
Cassandraloius:
If they engage themselves in yahoo, you guys will complain, if they involve themselves with selling hard drugs or criminal activities you people will also complain and even punish them, currently things are very difficult, some lecturers understands the language of money, some are writing projects, some don't have financial assistance.

If betting is cool for them, let them be, I'm not justifying the fact that gambling is the answer, y'all know that the best thing anyone could do for these student is to empower them financially.

Nigerian system of education is another Big Disgrace, amongst the 300 students in my department that graduated, I can count the ones that are working and earning well based on connection, meanwhile majority of them are Jobless.
same here

Very few of my course mates are working after school. Even the job itself is nothing to write home about but better than sitting idle

Many are still unemployed.

1 Like

Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Cassandraloius: 5:40am On May 09, 2023
VTJN:
same here

Very few of my course mates are working after school. Even the job itself is nothing to write home about but better than sitting idle

Many are still unemployed.

Thank you.
Re: ‘Our Students Using Their School Fees To Play Bet9ja’, UNIBEN Raises Alarm by Britishpea: 6:49am On May 09, 2023
Cassandraloius:
If they engage themselves in yahoo, you guys will complain, if they involve themselves with selling hard drugs or criminal activities you people will also complain and even punish them, currently things are very difficult, some lecturers understands the language of money, some are writing projects, some don't have financial assistance.

If betting is cool for them, let them be, I'm not justifying the fact that gambling is the answer, y'all know that the best thing anyone could do for these student is to empower them financially.

Nigerian system of education is another Big Disgrace, amongst the 300 students in my department that graduated, I can count the ones that are working and earning well based on connection, meanwhile majority of them are Jobless.

You are so correct. Betting and gambling remain the best bet for students. It makes them to become the best of leaders tomorrow. In fact, when they finally get to the leadership positions, they would consider corruption as sacred.

Education is actually scam. Why would anyone waste his money on school fees when 100 out the 300 students that graduate can’t even find a job. You are so correct because acquiring education is only meant to work for people or corporations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nse Post Graduateship Exam / Agricultural Engineering Course Outline / Tell Us The Subject U Hated Back In Ur Secondary School Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.