Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) (58877 Views)

Profile of the 5-man panel at the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal / 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Pre-hearing; Live From The Tribunal / Tribunal begins hearing on Atiku’s petition against Buhari Wednesday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by senex4u(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
Let's watch as everything unfolds.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by desmag1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
TINUBU DOESN’T KNOW THE WORK - ATIKU LECTURES HIM ON SUBSIDY REMOVAL. FULL DETAILS..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H32NkCINawg
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by junaidjd: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
o the case will span until after swearing in www.downloadhubmovie.com?

Atiku will spend comparable time too!

This is a waste of time!
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by iSense247: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
LEGAL UPDATE - 05/06/2023

We have document evidences for Kogi, Sokoto, Ebonyi, Delta , Imo , Kaduna, and Ondo State.

Here we go

The Honourable judges are now seated.

Justice Bello: Good afternoon, I hope we will all be in accordance today to ensure the smooth running of the case we have for today.

Call the next petition.

Clerk: Petition number 3 between Mr. Peter Obi, Labour Party vs. INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC

Representation:
Peter Obi - For himself and Labour Party
Saturday Monsiegne - Deputy Director, Legal Services, APC

Labour Party: SAN Patrick Ikwueto

INEC: SAN AB Mahmoud

Tinubu and Shettima: SAN Olanipekun

APC: SAN Fagbemi

LP: Inseek for a validation on the application responses.

Justice Tsammani: Did they file their responses in due time.

LP: Just a few lines

Justice Tsammani: It doesn’t matter. They filed in time.

APC: As it is fast becoming the norm for the petitioners and regrettable, this is another instance of disregard to the trial as to what is to be done on schedule of trial. This is not the first, second, or third time that we would come to court, and we would be served the schedule of the petitioners' cover page late.
Your lordship, no explanation has been offered, and it’s time to apply due measure.

SAN Ikwueto: My lord, I apologise to our colleagues.

Justice Tsammani: You’re not taking their complaints seriously, and that’s not a good thing.

SAN Ikwueto: I am, I have apologized. It won’t happen again.

Justice Tsammani: That’s okay.

INEC: It’s okay

SAN Kalu: My lord, can we continue to the tendering of the evidence?

Justice Tsammani: How many schedules are there

SAN Kalu: This is our 3rd schedule

Justice Bello: No, this is your 4th schedule.

SAN Kalu: As the court pleases. It’s our 4th schedule. We will reflect that.

SAN Kalu: I am presenting the documents for Ebonyi, my Lord, with 13 LGA.

SAN Kalu is now calling out the LGA documents presented.

Abakaliki
Izzi
Ezza North
Afikpo South
Ohaukwu
Ebonyi
Oniocha
Ishielu
Ezza South
Ikwo
Afikpo North
Ohaozara
Ivo

INEC: We object to the tendering of these documents and would state reasons at the final stage.

Tinubu and Shettima: With utmost respect my lord, on behalf of the 2nd and 3rd respondents, we are opposing the documents being served by the petitioners to be admitted and we would give our evidence when due, much obliged Sir.

APC: My lord, the 4th respondent object to these documents and tenders and fuller reasons would be given in our final address.

For Ebonyi State, the documents presented today are EC8A, EC8B, and EC8C.

SAN Kalu : My Lord, may I proceed to tender for Nasarawa State with the 13 LGAs?

Justice Tsammani: Proceed and list them

SAN Kalu: Akwanga
Awe
Doma
Keana
Kokona
Lafia
Nasarawa
Nasarawa Eggon
Obi
Toto
Wamba
Keffi.

Justice Tsammani: Any Objections?

INEC: We object and will advance our reasons.

Tinubu andShettima: We also oppose and will advance our reasons in the final address.

APC: We object to admissibility and will advance reasons in the final address.

The court is admitting documents for Nasarawa and Ebonyi.

Next is Delta State.

SAN Kalu is now done with the 25 LGAs in Delta State.

Again, INEC, APC, Tinubu, and Shettima’s lawyers have all opposed the documents, and all stated they would give their reasons in a written address.

Justice Tsammani is currently scribbling something with a not so smiling face.

Justice Tsammani: These documents are now admitted as evidence and listed as exhibits.

SAN Kalu: My lord, may I go ahead to tender INEC Certified 23 LGA of Kaduna State.

Justice Tsammani: You have already tendered. Let the respondents state their opposition.

SAN Kalu: I’ve not tendered Kaduna, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Kaduna has been tendered.

‘The justices quickly flip through their schedules’.

SAN Kalu: We have not my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Okay, go ahead.

SAN Kalu: Kuda, Sanogari, Sangokataf

Justice Tsammani: Why are you calling the LGA like a white man.

SAN Kalu: My lord, I am trying my best to pronounce them properly.

SAN Kalu has now called out the 23 LGA of Kaduna in this order.

Birni Gwari
Chikun
Giwa
Igabi
Ikara
Jaba
Jema'a
Kachia
Kaduna North
Kaduna South
Kagarko
Kajuru
Kaura
Kauru
Kubau
Kudan
Lere
Makarfi
Sabon Gari
Sanga
Soba
Zangon Kataf
Zaria.

INEC: Respectfully, my lord, we oppose these documents called form EC8As by the petitioners, and we do not give our consent.

Tinubu and Shettima: Respectfully, my lord, the 2nd and 3rd respondents oppose to these form EC8As, and we would state our reasons in a final address.

APC: My lord, my objection is hereby made on behalf of the 4th respondent, and the reasons would be stated in an address.

Justice Tsammani: These documents are hereby admitted as evidence and tagged exhibits PS1 - PS25

SAN Kalu: I now move into my State, Imo State, and it’s listed on pages 28 to 36 of the schedule.
I tender INEC certified form EC8A of the 27 LGAs.

SAN Kalu is now screaming on the microphone as his voice is now very loud to pronounce these LGA.

SAN Kalu: Nkwere,
Obowo
Njaba
NgorOkpala...

Justice Tsammani: Why Are you shouting as if you’re daring us to correct you.

'They all laughed'

SAN Kalu: 😀😀😀😀😀

Boom, SAN Livy and SAN Ikpeazu just arrived in the courtroom.

SAN Kalu is now done calling the LGAs for Imo State.

INEC’s lawyer is now on his feet.
The justices are still jotting down.

Justice Tsammani: Yes

INEC: May it please my lord, the first respondent is stating objections as we do not consent. Reasons would be given to our address.

Tinubu and Shettima: On behalf of the 2nd and 3rd respondents, we state our objections and reasons would be given to our final address.

APC: My lord, we have over 26 bundles of huge envelopes here for just 7 LGAs. We state our objections and would give our opposition reasons in the final address.

'The people that said go to court are now complaining about bundles of evidences, they never see anything'.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted Imo State LGAs form EC8As as evidence.

SAN Kalu is now seated.

A beautiful lady just stood up for Labour Party.

LP: My lord, we would now present evidence for Ondo State, and we have form EC8As for 18 LGAs.

‘Her voice is entering my eyes, but this kind voice I doubt it can pronounce LGA in Ondo State oh.

LP: Ilashee

The first LGA she pronounced was not it at all.

The whole courtroom busted into laugh.

I know this kind of sweet voice can not pronounce Ondo LGA.

Justice Tsammani: We are not writing pronunciation. We are writing names. Don’t mind them.

LP: Thank you, my lord, for protecting me.

‘Lol, my lord, thank you for protecting her, 'justice tsammani Amotekun’.

I now saw the reason SAN Kalu sat down, because after shouting Imo like this, he cannot collect laughter of pronouncing Ondo State.

The fine lawyer for Labour Party is SAN Valerie Azinge.

SAN Valerie is now done calling the LGAs of Ondo State.

SAN Valerie: My lord, I want these documents to be marked as read as all parties have read and accepted.

The courtroom is laughing.

‘She was supposed to wait for the opposition lawyers to state their objection or approval before making this statement’.

Justice Tsammani: Marked as read when they have not adopted😀😀😀

SAN Valerie: Oh, apologies, my lord, I was jumping the gun.

INEC, Tinubu, and APC lawyers all opposed and objected.

Justice Tsammani: These evidences are now admitted by the court and marked as exhibits.

SAN Valerie: My lord, if I may move to Sokoto Sir.
We have 7 LGA to tender.

Justice Tsammani: Go on

They are:

Tangaza
Kware
Gada
Sokoto North
Goronyo
Silame
Bodinga.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT*
PO and Labour party have done something so vital and crucial in this tribunal. This is the presentation of the facts document before the tribunal.

Tribunal works with facts, documents, and facts presentations.

Earlier today, the lawyers argued over the motions filed and served on May 22nd and June 2nd. One of the motions was for interrogatories for the witnesses.

Interrogatories are a part of the discovery process, which allows each side to obtain information and evidence from the other to prepare for trial.

Despite the opposition objections, the court is willing to listen to the motion because Respondents Haven’t officially replied to the application.

SAN Valerie has now called 7 LGAs in Sokoto.

APC: My lord, the petitioners mentioned 7 LGA, but we have over 10 bundles of envelopes.

SAN Valerie: We also presented the voters register. We have tendered only 7 LGAs for now, but that would not be all the evidence for this state as 7 LGA are the only ones presented to us by the first respondent (INEC) for now.
Thank you learned silk for the brilliance.

INEC: We oppose these evidences and would state our reasons at the final address.

Tinubu and Shettima: We oppose and object and would state reasons in a written address.

APC: We object these documents tendered by the petitioners and would give our reasons at the stage of address.

Justice Tsammani: These documents are now admitted as evidences and tagged as exhibits.

SAN Valerie: My lord, let us now move to the popular confluence state.

Justice Tsammani: What makes it popular.

SAN Valerie: It takes us back to our history, my lord.

Everyone is looking tired. This Labour Party evidence don’t want to finish.

Justice Tsammani: The confluence will wait. Oh. You will give us 5 minutes to go and stretch our legs

Justice Bello: Give us 5 minutes, let us use it to go and visit the confluence.

The court is going on a 5 minutes break.

The court was now seated few minutes ago and SAN Valerie is now calling 21 LGAs in Kogi State while the clerks distribute the bundles of form EC8As for each LGAs to every respondent.

INEC: May it please my lord, I seek to oppose and not give consent to these LGA presented by the petitioner and we would give a reason at the final address.

Tinubu and Shettima: The 2nd and 3rd respondent object to the 21 LGA of Kogi State the petitioners have tendered and would give a final address

APC: The 4th respondent oppose to the admissibility of this document that the petitioners have tendered. Fuller reasons would be given in an address.

Justice Tsammani: These documents are now admitted as evidences and tagged exhibits EW1-EW21

SAN Valerie: This marks the end of the documents my lord.

Finally, Labour Party is done presenting evidences for today.

Justice Tsammani: So we would adjourn to tomorrow 6th of June by 2pm.

Justice Ugo: Thank you all, we have come to the end of another day proceedings

‘Immediately they took the light’

Justice Ugo: Well, today is far spent. Thank you all for the cooperation today.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by iSense247: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
One Very Interesting Convo in Court Today Was Between INEC’s Lawyer while Cross-Examining a PDP Witness on 25% in Abuja

INEC: Do you realise Atiku didn’t get 25% in the FCT?

Witness: Yes

INEC: Since he didn’t get 25% in the FCT, do you know he can’t be declared President ?

Witness: But Tinubu didn’t get 25% too & You declared him President.

Peter Obi is coming 🔥🔥🔥

Credit: @MissPearls
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by AntiTerrorist: 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
BRIEF SUMMARY OF TODAY’S PROCEEDINGS

(Monday, June 5th 2023)

—Proceedings for LP Began at About 2:05pm. PDP Had Been Heard Earlier in the Day

—Labour Party Appeared with A Massive Pack of Evidences

—HE Peter Obi Represented the Petitioners (Himself and LP)

—LP Counsel Team Today Was Led By Patrick Ikwueto SAN

—Other Counsels were Abubakar B Mahmoud SAN, Wole Olanipekun SAN & Lateef Fagbemi SAN for INEC, BAT/SHET & APC Respectively

—Application for Interrogatories Filed by LP on May 22nd, 2023 Was Opposed by Respondents but Admitted by Court

— Form EC8As For the The Following States Were Presented: Kogi , Sokoto ( 7 out of 23 LGAs) , Nassarawa , Ondo Delta, Kaduna & Imo While EC8A, EC8B & EC8C for Ebonyi

—All Were Opposed by Respondents but Admitted by Court

—Proceedings Ended at about 5:30pm and Adjourned Till Tuesday June 6th 2023 by 2Pm.

Courtesy: Pearls’ TV

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by iSense247: 5:13am On Jun 07, 2023
*COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL UPDATE - 06/06/2023*

Labour Party case at the Presidential Election Tribunal is up.

The judges are seated now.

Justice Tsammani: We are sorry we are coming in a bit late this afternoon. There are certain matters we needed to sort out.

Representation:

Peter Obi: I am Mr. Peter Gregory Obi and I am representing the petitioners.

Counsels:

Labour Party: SAN Livy

1st Respondent INEC: SAN Pinhero

2nd and 3rd Respondent, Tinubu, and Shettima did not introduce himself
He immediately went ahead to call the names of his team.

4th Respondent: SAN Fagbemi

SAN Livy: My lord, my learned colleague, SAN Ben Anachebe, will lead this proceeding.

SAN Ben: My lord, we would be tendering forms EC8Bs of all the states and I will plead for time sake, if my lord will allow me call out all the states and then we tender it together while the adoption will take place together.

‘So remember the Labour Party lawyers usually call out all the LGA for each state one after the other and tender documents one after the other and the opposing lawyers object to it one after the other basically the Labour Party lawyers are requesting to tender all the states form EC8Bs together rather than one after the other because it’s time wasting since all the parties will just object to it, so there’s no need to waste time since they are not accepting any of the states, so let’s tender everything and they push their motion at once’.

Justice Tsammani: No, we won’t do that. You’d call it one after the other. Let’s be consistent with our process.

SAN Ben: As you wish, my lord, I’m tendering 21 LGA form EC8Bs of Adamawa State.

INEC: We object to the admissibility of these documents and would state reasons in a final address.

Tinubu and Shettima: My lord, I will pass the mic to my colleague SAN Mike to push this motion.

Justice Tsammani: You’re passing mic to Mike.

SAN Mike: We object to the admissibility of forms EC8Bs, and we would give the reasons in our final address.

APC: We object to these documents being tendered by the petitioners, and we would state reasons in our final written address.

SAN Ben: We are now tendering into evidence INEC certified forms EC8Bs of 8 LGA in Bayelsa State.

INEC, Tinubu, Shettimah’s and APC lawyers all objected to these documents.

SAN Ben: I now seek to tender 23 LGA form EC8Bs of Benue State.

INEC: My lord, on behalf of the 1st respondent, we object to the INEC Certified copies of form EC8Bs tendered by the petitioner.

Everyone is now laughing in the courtroom, including the INEC lawyers.

Tinubu, Shettima, and APC lawyers also objected.

Justice Tsammani: These documents of form EC8Bs are now admitted by the court as evidence and tagged exhibits.

SAN Ben: We now tender 21 LGA form EC8Bs of Kogi State as certified by INEC.

INEC, APC, Tinubu, and Shettima’s lawyers all objected to these.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted these documents as evidence and tageee them exhibits.

SAN Ben: Let’s move on to Nasarawa. Kindly go to page 60 of the schedule, May it please your lordship, Sir.

*DO NOT FORGET THE VARIOUS FORMS AND THEIR USES*

—Form EC8A : This is A Very Important Form for recording results at POLLING UNITS

—Form EC8B : For Recording & Collating at WARD LEVEL

—Form EC8C : For Collating at LGA LEVEL

—Form EC8D: For Collating at STATE LEVEL. House of Rep & Senatorial Are Recorded Here

—Form EC8E : For Declaration of FINAL RESULTS

—Form EC60EC : For Recording PU Results that Must be Posted at PUs after Elections (Often Termed ‘ People’s Result Sheet’).

SAN Ben has just tendered 11 LGA form EC8Bs for Nasarawa State and INEC, APC, Tinubu, and Shettima lawyers have all objected to them

Justice Tsammani: The 11 form EC8Bs of Nasarawa State are admitted as evidenced and tagged as exhibits EAD1 to EAD2

SAN Ben: We would now tender 25 LGA form EC8Bs of Niger State.

INEC, APC, Tinubu, and Shettima lawyers objected to the documents

Justice Tsammani: We now admit into evidence 25 LGA form EC8Bs of Niger State and admit them as evidence tagged as exhibits

SAN Ben just tendered 18 LGA of Ondo State form EC8Bs and INEC, APC, Tinubu, and Shettima’s lawyers all objected to it.

Justice Tsammani: I am seeing a lot of improper dressing in the courtroom.
You people are not dressed properly.
See your hair looking like Ezemmuo

You senior lawyers are not training these people well.
If you want to dress like this, then don’t come to the courtroom.
I don’t want to see all this tomorrow.

SAN Ben: We will all keep watch on them, my lord. Their hair should be neatly packed, too. May we go on.

Now I wish to tender 21 LGA duly certified true copies of form EC8Bs received from the Custody of INEC and duly procured from INEC.

SAN Ben has tendered the 21 LGAs for Sokoto State.

All respondents objected to the documents.

Justice Tsammani: These documents have been documented and admitted as evidence tagged exhibits.

SAN Ben is now the tendering 25 LGAs for Delta State.

SAN Ben: Corrections, my lord, it’s 23 for Delta as 2 LGA is not here.
Apologies, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: No problem.
These 23 LGA documents of form EC8Bs for Delta State have been admitted by the court as evidence tagged exhibits.

SAN Ben: Let’s move quickly to Ekiti State, my lord.
We have 11 LGAs form EC8Bs.

Justice Tsammani: These documents have been documented and admitted as evidence tagged exhibits.

SAN Ben: My lord, I am presenting 26 LGA form EC8Bs for now for Imo State.
We listed 25, but it’s 26, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Which one is missing

Justice Ugo: It’s Ideato North that’s missing

‘Ideato North is where SAN Ben is from’

SAN Ben: No, my lord, my own is here and complete.

Justice Tsammani: Which is missing.

SAN Ben: The documents are there, my lord. The name is just missing on the schedule.

Justice Tsammani: No problem, we would add it.

SAN: Much grateful, my lord.

SAN Ben has now tendered 26 LGAs form EC8Bs of Imo State.

Only 25 LGA out of 26 tendered were admitted as evidence because one is still missing.

SAN Ben: My lord apologies. We would look through and tender the one remaining another time.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted 25 LGA form EC8Bs in Imo State as evidence

SAN Ben: My lord, we now have 19 LGAs in Kaduna for the duly signed and certified form EC8Bs from INEC

All respondents have objected to the document.

Justice Tsammani: We have more than 19 LGA here.
I’m seeing Japa LGA

SAN Ben: It’s not Japa, we don’t want to Japa. Japa is when you’re leaving the country and we like our country.

Justice Tsammani: So since we have 21 here, we should give you back.

SAN Ben: My lord, we are tendering 21 LGA form EC8Bs of Kaduna State

All the respondents have objected to the tendering of the documents.

Justice Tsammani: We have taken into evidence these 21 documents of form EC8Bs from Kaduna State and marked as exhibits.

SAN Ben: Oyo State is next, my lord, and we are tendering 31 LGAs form EC8Bs as signed by INEC and procured by them.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted 31 LGA form EC8Bs in Oyo State as evidence

SAN Ben: My lord, we now move on to 18 LGAs in Cross River for the duly signed and certified form EC8Bs from INEC

All respondents have objected to the form EC8B documents tendered

Justice Tsammani has admitted these documents as evidence before the court.

SAN Ben: Permit me my lord to skip Ebonyi and move to Edo State as we don’t have Ebonyi yet as listed. We are yet to receive the procurement from INEC.

‘Justice Tsammani nodded his head in acknowledgement’

SAN Ben: My lord, we have 15 LGAs form EC8Bs to tender from Edo State as received and procured from INEC who are the custodians of these documents.

SAN Ben: My lord, Eshan, is listed twice, so let’s make the correction.

Justice Tsammani: It’s not Eshan is Esaan

SAN Ben: Okay, my lord

A lawyer from the back: My lord it’s Esan

Justice Tsammani: Oh, Esan

SAN Ben: Thank you, Esan

All respondents have objected to the form EC8Bs tendered.

Justice Tsammani has documented this as evidence before the court and marked them as exhibits.

SAN Ben: My lord, we are now moving to Akwa Ibom State, and we would tender 31 LGA form EC8B as certified and provided by INEC

INEC Lawyer: My lord, we oppose the tendering of the documents, and we want to tell our colleagues on the other side that if they need help to sort out this document, we are here to help them

SAN Ben: It’s you people that caused it. My lord, they mixed all the documents just so they can stress us on purpose, but no problem. We are capable. We would sort it

APC, Tinubu, and Shettima’s lawyers also objected to the documents tendered by the Labour Party.

Justice Tsammani has admitted these documents as evidence before the court and has marked them as exhibits.

SAN Ben: We now wish to tender Lagos State for EC8Bs, my lord, and we have documents for 20 LGAs.

Justice Tsammani gives a nod while still writing.

SAN Ben has tendered the documents, and all respondents have opposed and objected to the documents tendered.

Justice Tsammani has now added the documents as evidence before the court and marked them as exhibits.

SAN Ben: My lord, since the day is far spent, we would adjourn to tomorrow and continue with the only one left, which is Ebonyi and the form EC8Cs.

INEC: I thought you were willing to keep us here until 4am.

SAN Ben: I am not the one who announced the result in the middle of the night by that time and went back to bed.

Justice Tsammani: Please don’t bring that here.

SAN Ben: We can continue tomorrow, my lord.

APC: My lord, Sir

Justice Tsammani: What is my lord, Sir

Justice Tsammani: You either use my Lord or Sir
Choose one
So if it’s a woman, you’d say my lord, Ma

Justice Bolaji: 😀😀😀

APC: Okay, my lord, I agree we should reconvene tomorrow

Justice Tsammani: This case is now adjourned to tomorrow, 7th June 2023.

Justice Ugo: Thank you all for the cooperation today.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by iSense247: 5:15am On Jun 07, 2023
*DO NOT FORGET THE VARIOUS FORMS AND THEIR USES*

—Form EC8A : This is A Very Important Form for recording results at POLLING UNITS

—Form EC8B : For Recording & Collating at WARD LEVEL

—Form EC8C : For Collating at LGA LEVEL

—Form EC8D: For Collating at STATE LEVEL. House of Rep & Senatorial Are Recorded Here

—Form EC8E : For Declaration of FINAL RESULTS

—Form EC60EC : For Recording PU Results that Must be Posted at PUs after Elections (Often Termed ‘ People’s Result Sheet’).

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by AntiTerrorist: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2023
*COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL UPDATE - 07/06/2023*

Alright, we are up as the judges are now seated.

Justice Bolaji: Good afternoon to the bar, and everyone present in the court. You’re welcome to the afternoon session of the court.

Justice Tsammani: Appearances

Peter Obi is now up on his feet.

Peter Obi: Respectfully my lord, I am Mr. Peter Gregory Obi represents the petitioners.

APC: My lord, Saturday Monsiegne representing the 4th respondent, I am the Deputy Director Legal Services, APC

Lead Counsels:

INEC: SAN Pinhero

Tinubu and Shettima: SAN Onipekun

APC: SAN Fagbemi

SAN Livy: My lord, we would continue from today to render the 11 LGA form EV8Bs from Ebonyi State.

Labour Party has now submitted the form EC8Bs of Ebonyi State.
It was noted that there are 12 bundles.

Labour Party: My lord, we would tender 12 LGA of Ebonyi State then.

INEC: My lord, we are objecting to the admissibility of these documents, and we would give our response in a full address.

Tinubu and Shettima: My lord, we oppose the documents rendered by the petitioners and would state our reasons in the final address.

APC: With due respect, my lord, we object to these documents, and we would give our reasons to the objection in a final address.

Justice Tsammani: The 12 bundles of form EC8Bs of Ebonyi State marked as EA1 - EA12 are hereby admitted as evidence.

The justices are now whispering with each other.

Justice Tsammani: Learned counsel. Please give us 2 minutes to go and write something.

The whole courtroom: As the court wishes my lord.

Alright, the judges are back

SAN Onipekun: My lord, I introduced my colleague as a chief.

Justice Ugo: Is he a Chief or a Prof

SAN Onipekun: It’s like a Mallam that is in a higher position.

Justice Tsammani: I don’t believe Mallam is higher than Sheihk, mallam is a half, and shiehk is from the source.
There are many Mallams.

SAN Ananaba LP: My lord, please, I may move on.
We have 4 LGA of Kaduna for forms EC8Bs to tender.

Justice Tsammani: EC8Cs or EC8Bs

SAN Ananaba: EC8Bs, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Go on

SAN Ananaba has now tendered the form EC8Bs

INEC: We object to these documents and would state our reasons in a final address.

Tinubu and Shettima: We object to the documents presented by the petitioners and would give our reasons in full in the final address.

APC: We object to the admissibility of the documents and would state our reasons in a final address.

Justice Tsammani: You tendered Kaduna North and South yesterday, so why mention them again today.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we are giving supplementary documents just in case the wards are not complete.

Justice Tsammani: We have already marked those places tendered. You want to scatter our schedule.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we just want to add them, Sir, in case it’s not complete.

Justice Adah: So since we have them already, how are we going to document this again.

SAN Ananaba: My lords are the masters of this. Sir, we plead to add them as additional or supplementary documents

‘The justices are now talking with each other and flipping documents.

Justice Ugo is looking through some files while Justice Adah, Justice Tsammani and Justice Bello are talking seriously.
Justice Tsammani and Justice Bolaji are seriously gesticulating while talking with smiles on their face’.

Justice Tsammani: You want to disrupt the schedules and notes we have.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, it is not our fault,
we just received these documents from INEC, and we seek to tender it.
It’s not as if we had them, and we did not tender it.
INEC just provided them 2 days ago, my lord.

‘The justices are currently flipping pages upon pages.

Justice Bolaji, the only female judge on the case, just passed a document to justice Tsammani while pointing at something.

Justice Bello and justice Adah are actively flipping their pages to the hearing of the court.

Justice Tsammani: 4 LGA form EC8Bs of Kaduna State tendered are now admitted to the court as evidence and tagged as exhibits.

The Labour Party lawyers have a huge smile on their faces.

SAN Ananaba: Thank you, my lord.
My lord may I move to tender 4 LGA form EC8Bs of Oyo State.

‘Me in my mind I’m like Ah, but Oyo was also tendered yesterday’

The judges all have a weird look on their faces
The way Justice Tsammani looked at SAN Ananaba.

Justice Tsammani: The same Oyo State that was done yesterday.

SAN Ananaba: It’s not my fault, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Go ahead.

SAN Ananaba has now tendered 4 additional LGA of Oyo State form EC8Bs

All the respondents including INEC has objected to the form EC8Bs being tendered by Labour Party, and they all stated they would give their reasons in a final address.

Justice Tsammani: Forms EC8Bs of 4 LGA in Oyo State tendered as evidence and tagged exhibits.

SAN Ananaba with a cheeky smile on his face: My lord, 1 LGA for Nasarawa is left, and it’s on page 60 of the 4th schedule for the LGA called Kiana.

Justice Tsammani: When was Nasarawa tendered.

SAN Ananaba: On Monday, my lord.

After flipping through some pages, Justice Tsammani: Nasarawa was not tendered

SAN Ananaba: It was my lord. It’s just one LGA left.

The secretary is now up to help the judges get the documents for Nasarawa.

SAN Ananaba: We have tendered Nasarawa, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Okay, I’ve seen it. Go ahead.

SAN Ananaba: Thank you, my lord.

As usual, all the respondents, including INEC, have now objected to the admissibility of the Nassarawa LGA form EC8Bs.

Justice Tsammani: The document of form EC8Bs are now tendered and admitted

APC lawyer interrupts

APC: My lord, you didn’t take down my objection. I was waiting for you to finish writing before I speak.

Justice Ugo: There’s no problem we recorded the usual thing for you

‘Everyone is laughing’

Justice Ugo: Or you want to accept.

Justice Tsammani: There’s no need. We have recorded. We know what you want to say. It’s your usual statement.

Justice Tsammani: The document of form EC8Bs are now tendered and admitted to the court.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, you heard what he said that he did not give his objection

Justice Tsammani: It’s okay, it’s okay, we heard him. Let’s go on.

Justice Tsammani quickly stopped LP SAN Ananaba before he started a gbas gbos.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we have 8 LGA of Bayelsa State form EC8Cs

All respondents (INEC, APC, Tinubu, and Shettima) have objected to the tendering of these documents as evidence before the court and stated they would give a reason at the final address

Justice Tsammani: Documents of Form EC8Cs of 8 LGA of Bayelsa State are now tendered and tagged as exhibits.

SAN Ananaba: We now wish to tender my lord 23 LGA form EC8Cs of Benue state on page 79 of the 4th schedule.

Justice Tsammani gives a nod in affirmation.

All respondents have now objected to the document tendered.

Justice Tsammani has now documented them as evidence before the court.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, to quickly tender 18 LGA in Cross River State on page 80 of the 4th schedule

Justice Tsammani: Let’s go on

All the respondents, as usual, objected to the documents presented by the Labour Party and Peter Obi lawyers.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted the form EC8Cs as evidence before the court as exhibit PAT1 - PAT18

*JUST A REMINDER*

Form EC8A is the pink slip at the polling unit level where every polling agent sign the result. It is the first point of collating votes.

The EC8B is the form used at the Ward where they compile all the form EC8A above and input the number of votes from there into the EC8B. It is the Ward computation form.

The EC8C is used at LGA to compute total of votes per wards.

The form EC8D is for the state. So they compute all the LGA votes and record it here.

The EC8E is what is used for concluded signatory results.
This is what is used to declare the winner.
It is the final sheet for declaring the winner of the election.

The lawyers would have to tender as evidence all the documents that INEC “claimed” to have used to declare their winner.

So that when the gbas gbos of cross examination starts, everyone can see for themselves clearly that INEC didn’t just steal but disregarded the entire democratic process.

So let the lawyers take their time to submit these documents, so that even if it’s for all of us to carry calculator in the courtroom and start counting it ourselves, we would find out where INEC got their false figures from.

So, hopefully, Labour Party would be able to round this up today.

So far, the record from our lawyers shows we have tendered the following form EC8Cs:
12 LGA in Ebonyi were tendered
18 LGA form EC8Cs in Edo State
20 LGA form EC8Cs in Lagos State
25 LGA form EC8Cs in Niger State
18 LGA in Ondo State
33 LGA in Oyo State
23 LGA in Rivers State
23 LGA in Sokoto State

These were all rendered, and all respondents objected to the admissibility of the evidence and stated their reasons would be given in their final address.

Justice Tsammani admitted all these forms EC8Cs as evidence before the court and tagged them as exhibits.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, may I call the next documents. Move to schedule 5, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: What about Kaduna that I can see on this schedule.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we are not presenting Kaduna today.

Justice Tsammani: Okay

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we would tender 23 LGAs of form EC8Cs in Ekiti State today.

INEC: My lord, may I hand over to my respectable colleague Wendy Kuku

It’s like INEC is tired

Wendy with a Cinderella voice: My lord, we object to the documents tendered by the petitioners and we would profoeerrrr (that’s how she said it oh, the phonetics is from heaven) and we would profoeerrrr our reasons in a final written address.

Tinubu and Shettima: My lord, we oppose these documents, and we would state our reasons in a final address.

Justice Tsammani already started moving on to admit the documents

APC lawyer is on his feet

APC: My lord, I have not stated my objection.

Justice Tsammani: Don’t worry, Kazeem, we know what you want to say.

Justice Ugo: We have helped you write it already. Don’t worry.

'Of course, he wanted to say, we OBJECT to the documents tendered by the petitioners.'

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we would tender the form EC8Cs for 25 LGA in Delta State.

Justice Tsammani: Go ahead

All respondents have objected to these documents being tendered by SAN Ananaba for Labour Party and Peter Obi and have stated that they would state their reasons at the final stage.

Even INEC fine lawyer Wendy objected.

Justice Tsammani: These documents of forms EC8Cs are now admitted as evidence before the court and tagged as exhibits.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, let us accommodate my request to move back to the 4th schedule to tender the form EC8Ds

Justice Tsammani: Page what

SAN Ananaba: Page 76, my lord, I wish to tender the form EC8Ds of the 36 States AND the FCT, My lord AND the FCT.

SAN Ananaba is shaking tables. Why is he shouting AND FCT like that

The justices are all laughing.

SAN Ananaba has now tendered the form EC8Ds

All the respondents have objected to the admissibility of these documents in court.

Justice Tsammani: The form EC8Ds for Katsina State is 2 here but you wrote 4

SAN Ananaba: My lord it is 2

Justice Tsammani: So you will bring the remaining 2

SAN Ananaba: No my lord. It’s just 2 there’s no other one

Justice Tsammani: Document of form EC8Ds of the 36 states of the federation and the FCT have now been tendered to the court as evidence and admitted as PDE1 to PDE37.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, we would now tender the National Results of the 36 States and the FCT, and I’m sure nobody would object to this one.
It’s just one document, and it’s a national document.

INEC, for the first time ever, did not object.

INEC: My lord, the 1st respondent do not object and we give our consent.

Tinubu and Shettima: My lord, we object

The whole courtroom is laughing.

A lawyer at the back: You’re objecting to the document that announced the person you’re defending.

Tinubu lawyer: Oh my lord, no, I don’t object.
I was not paying attention and was looking at a document.
I have no objection. I do not object, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: When you’re already used to saying objection.

APC: I don’t object, my lord. We give consent to this document

Justice Tsammani: Documents of form EC8E tendered to the court has now been admitted and tagged as exhibits.

SAN Ananaba: My lord, let’s go on because I want to tender forms EC40G

The whole courtroom is murmuring.

APC: Ahn Ahn, are you not tired?

Justice Tsammani: Please, we are tired. Oh
Have pity on Kalu

SAN Ananaba: Kalu just celebrated his 70th on Saturday, he’s now on the 7th floor, but he’s not tired.

Justice Tsammani: Me I’m on the 6th floor, and I’m already tired. I am sure he’s tired since he’s on his 7th floor. See Pinhero too is tired Pity us

SAN Ananaba: Please, we don’t have time let’s continue

Justice Tsammani: We have been here since 9am, you just came this afternoon.
Please let’s adjourn.

SAN Ananaba: Okay, my lord, as you wish.

Labour Party Lawyers are not tired, oh
They want to close the court by 4 am....lolll

SAN Ananaba: Okay, my lord, we would move to adjourn

Justice Tsammani: Don’t worry, nobody will object to adjournment.

So justice, Tsammani, has now adjourned the case to tomorrow, 8th June 2023, by 2pm.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by babygirljoy: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by iSense247: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
*COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL UPDATE - 09/06/2023*

Peter Obi, Julius Abure, and Labour Party chieftains are present in the court.

The judges are all seated.

The judges are now seated and staring at the big screens in the courtroom

‘Some people said they don’t have laptops yesterday, so Peter Ono has brought big one for them today, let them be seeing the action 4D’

The clerk is now calling the case.

Justice Adah is still staring at the screens.

Clerk: Case between Peter GRINGORRY Obi and Labour Party against INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC

‘The whole court is laughing, which one is GRINGORRY again’.

Peter Obi is now up on his feet

Peter Obi: Respectfully, my lord, I am Peter GRE-GO-RY Obi for the petitioners

‘Everyone is laughing
Thank you, oh, pronounce the name for them properly’

Lead Counsels:

Tinubu and Shettima: SAN Olujimi

APC: SAN Bashorun

SAN Livy introduced Peter Obi and Labour Party lawyers today to assist in the hearing

Labour Party has just called out a witness.

The witness was subpoenaed

He is from Channels Television.

Channels TV is a witness right now.

SAN Livy: My lord, we intend to start today by calling a witness who is on a subpoena and I’d hand over to SAN Okutepa while SAN Ikwueto will lead the technical team and software presentation.

SAN Ikwueto: My Lord, we have 2 sets of subpoenas that were served channels TV and I would start with that witness that came on subpoena and he came with his witness statements of oath which we have filed

The witness is now on his feet

Clerk: Tell the court your name

Witness: Lucky Obewox is my name

The witness has now been sworn on oath.

SAN Okutepa: My lord, this witness was subpoenaed on 30th May 2023 and 6th June 2023.
Witness, do you have the 2 subpoena

Channels TV: Yes, Sir

SAN Okutepa: Where are they

Channels TV: They are here with me

SAN Ikwueto: My lord, we seek to tender the 2 subpoena addressed to the MD/CEO of Channels TV addressed on the 2 dates issued by these honourable court

All the respondents have objected to this witness subpoenaed.

Tinubu and Shettima: Our objection is based on the competence of this witness to testify on this proceedings.

Our objection is invested in the provision of the Electoral Act. Paragraphs 4 and 5 of the 4th schedule to the Electoral Act. My lord, it is settled that a petition must be filed within 21 days on the result of an election.

My lord, the document that should accompany a petition should have been filed, and the petition must be accompanied with the witness statements and oaths and copies of evidence to be relied on for that petition And a petition that fails to have this shall not be accepted by the secretary for filing.
This witness is not even competent to testify in this proceeding.

‘Channels TV, Tinubu’s lawyer said you have incompetent witness’.

‘Channels TV, Tinubu’s lawyer said you have incompetent witness’
Maybe Channels TV should have brought their other staff, Apapa’.

The Subpoena has been admitted by the court and tagged as exhibits

Currently, in the courtroom INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC’s lawyers are objecting to the Channels TV witness.

His testimony has not been adopted by the court because all the respondents are objecting to it, stating the testimony should have been filed earlier.

INEC lawyers are currently arguing using past cases.

INEC: My lord, the case of PDP Vs Okupo which learned colleague SAN Livy was also involved, a ruling was passed like this.

Justice Tsammani: How does it matter who was in the case you’re citing, you’re wasting time, we want to watch film (he then pointed at the big screens).

Everyone is still laughing.

APC: My lord, there is no difference between subpoenaed witness and ordinary witness.
I join my colleagues to object and cite some cases like ADP vs. INEC

Justice Tsammani: You’re wasting time. You’re citing what has been cited already. There’s no time.

APC: I want my lordship not to adopt the application of this witness, and it should be refused. The timing for his testimony has elapsed.

SAN Ikwueto: Subpeona, my lord is an order of court issued to the witness either by the plaintiff or petitioner and has no command over.
On, paragraph 41 sub paragraph 5 and 6 of the first schedule to the Electoral Act 2022 to submit with respect that even when a witness statement was not frontloaded with the petition, the witness can be allowed to testify in this honourable court.

SAN Okutepa: This witness is before this court on subpeona and by the authority of LASU Vs Owoyemi 2009 Nigeria weekly report.

At this point, the APC lawyers are correcting his pronunciation of Owoyemi and correcting the year

SAN Okutepa: My lord, you see, they know it, and they didn’t cite it, and they didn’t want to cite it. They know it, oh

Justice Tsammani: It was cited yesterday, so even if they hide it, I already know it.

SAN Okutepa: LASU Vs Owoyemi

Justice Tsammani: You say LASU, and what

SAN Okutepa: Owoyemi

Justice Tsammani: I thought you said Okutepa

Everyone is laughing

SAN Okutepa: My lord I don’t have a case yet
I also want to cite Tajudeen Bello vs. Odofin 2021 Law Pavilion Electronic Report
Also, in the case of Amachree Vs INEC the court held that no witness should be held back when subpoenaed.
A subpoenaed witness by authority can testify orally, and if then does not reduce it to written to be adopted, what injury would we suffer
No injury would be suffered, and my lord should overrule this objection and hold that this is technicality taking too far, and they are doing so to run away from the punishment they know they are to suffer.

SAN Okutepa: INEC Chairman was speaking about this thing and

Justice Tsammani cuts him short. No, stop that. Are you telling us what the witness want to tell us

SAN Okutepa: No it’s public knowledge that’s why they are all objecting like this, they are hiding from the punishment of those statements

Justice Tsammani: Please don’t say that.

SAN Okutepa: Oni and Fayemi 2019 Supreme Court stated that rules of court can not override the right of fair hearing.
About 219 witnesses came on subpeona to testify.
This witness is competent and can testify on subpeona and my lord should allow us to proceed.
Thank you my lord.

Currently there’s a huge argument about listening to the Channels TV witness.

All the respondents are actively objecting.

We have been listening to objection reasons since the court started up until now.

APC: My learned colleague has cited a wrong thing and should be held in professional misconduct

The whole court shouted ahhhhhh

Justice Tsammani: Please don’t say such. Stop it. That’s why I said we should move on.

SAN Okutepa is now on his feet

SAN Okutepa: My lord permit me to state my objection

APC: I am still standing sit down.

SAN Okutepa: But I am standing to State my objection

APC: You should know your senior and sit down when your senior is up

Everyone in the court: AAARRRHHHHHH

Justice Tsammani: What is that. How would you say such
Don’t say such

Justice Ugo: You’re his senior then you should know you’re supposed to sit when an objection is being raised

Everyone in the court:
Oh ohhhh

Justice Adah: You should know you will sit during an objection.

Justice Ugo: Please let’s maintain peace. This court case would finish and go but the both of you would still remain here as learned counsels.
Don’t disrespect yourselves because of a case.

Oh ohhhh thank you
APC elder lawyer, you’re everyone’s senior well done oh,
SAN Ancestor.

The judges have now stated they would give their judgement on this case at final hearing.

And asked that the witness goes ahead.

SAN Okutepa has asked the witness to present his evidence.

'The witness brings out 2 red flash drives.'

INEC: My learned colleague is giving me red flash drive instead of blue like my Chelsea.

SAN Okutepa: I know Pinhero is a Chelsea fan, so he can have a red one like my Arsenal.

Justice Tsammani: You should have given him blue for Chelsea.

SAN Okutepa: That’s why I gave him red card.

Justice Tsammani: But both of you are still losers. Both Chelsea and Arsenal didn’t even win anything

Justice Tsammani: Number 2 and number 18, Losers association.

The flash drive’s tendered by the Channels TV witness was not objected to by INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC

They did not object to the admissibility of this evidence.

SAN Okutepa has now applied to play the flash drives.

It's time for the movie

Hold on, Tinubu’s lawyers are up

SAN Olujimi: My lord objection. I object to this flash drive being played

They should have been served the video first and that the Law frown against springing up of surprises.

INEC said NO OBJECTION.

Court has ADMITTED it and tagged as Exh PBH 3.

Labour party applied to tender another video

No objection from all respondents

Court has ADMITTED and Tagged as Exh PBH4.

INEC lawyer is up

SAN Pinhero; My lord, we are indifferent about playing this flash drive.
It’s already admitted into evidence.

Ahn Ahn
INEC don give up

Everyone is laughing

APC Lawyers: We stand with our colleagues to object to this flash drive being played so that we can go back to watch it.
We have not played it yet to know the content, and we would need to prepare for cross examination.
This evidence should not be played

APC Objection objection all the time.
They even objected to the form that announced their candidate yesterday.

APC, Tinubu, and Shettima lawyers are currently objecting to the video presented by Channels TV to be played.

APC: We need to be served first before you play the video. This is an ambush

SAN Okutepa: There’s no law that states such.
My lord, we can move on and see what the witness wants us to see.

The judges are saying that the video will be played in court, but it doesn’t have to be now/today.

The respondents want to know the content, but Labour Party doesn’t want to share it with them because the law doesn’t require them to.

The case is hereby ADJOURNED. Till tomorrow, Saturday, June 10th, 2023, by 2pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Adaisback(f): 4:11am On Jun 10, 2023
Thanks for the update guys. I appreciate
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Olorioladex(f): 11:50am On Jun 10, 2023
iSense247:
*COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL UPDATE - 09/06/2023*

Peter Obi, Julius Abure, and Labour Party chieftains are present in the court.

The judges are all seated.

The judges are now seated and staring at the big screens in the courtroom

‘Some people said they don’t have laptops yesterday, so Peter Ono has brought big one for them today, let them be seeing the action 4D’

The clerk is now calling the case.

Justice Adah is still staring at the screens.

Clerk: Case between Peter GRINGORRY Obi and Labour Party against INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC

‘The whole court is laughing, which one is GRINGORRY again’.

Peter Obi is now up on his feet

Peter Obi: Respectfully, my lord, I am Peter GRE-GO-RY Obi for the petitioners

‘Everyone is laughing
Thank you, oh, pronounce the name for them properly’

Lead Counsels:

Tinubu and Shettima: SAN Olujimi

APC: SAN Bashorun

SAN Livy introduced Peter Obi and Labour Party lawyers today to assist in the hearing

Labour Party has just called out a witness.

The witness was subpoenaed

He is from Channels Television.

Channels TV is a witness right now.

SAN Livy: My lord, we intend to start today by calling a witness who is on a subpoena and I’d hand over to SAN Okutepa while SAN Ikwueto will lead the technical team and software presentation.

SAN Ikwueto: My Lord, we have 2 sets of subpoenas that were served channels TV and I would start with that witness that came on subpoena and he came with his witness statements of oath which we have filed

The witness is now on his feet

Clerk: Tell the court your name

Witness: Lucky Obewox is my name

The witness has now been sworn on oath.

SAN Okutepa: My lord, this witness was subpoenaed on 30th May 2023 and 6th June 2023.
Witness, do you have the 2 subpoena

Channels TV: Yes, Sir

SAN Okutepa: Where are they

Channels TV: They are here with me

SAN Ikwueto: My lord, we seek to tender the 2 subpoena addressed to the MD/CEO of Channels TV addressed on the 2 dates issued by these honourable court

All the respondents have objected to this witness subpoenaed.

Tinubu and Shettima: Our objection is based on the competence of this witness to testify on this proceedings.

Our objection is invested in the provision of the Electoral Act. Paragraphs 4 and 5 of the 4th schedule to the Electoral Act. My lord, it is settled that a petition must be filed within 21 days on the result of an election.

My lord, the document that should accompany a petition should have been filed, and the petition must be accompanied with the witness statements and oaths and copies of evidence to be relied on for that petition And a petition that fails to have this shall not be accepted by the secretary for filing.
This witness is not even competent to testify in this proceeding.

‘Channels TV, Tinubu’s lawyer said you have incompetent witness’.

‘Channels TV, Tinubu’s lawyer said you have incompetent witness’
Maybe Channels TV should have brought their other staff, Apapa’.

The Subpoena has been admitted by the court and tagged as exhibits

Currently, in the courtroom INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC’s lawyers are objecting to the Channels TV witness.

His testimony has not been adopted by the court because all the respondents are objecting to it, stating the testimony should have been filed earlier.

INEC lawyers are currently arguing using past cases.

INEC: My lord, the case of PDP Vs Okupo which learned colleague SAN Livy was also involved, a ruling was passed like this.

Justice Tsammani: How does it matter who was in the case you’re citing, you’re wasting time, we want to watch film (he then pointed at the big screens).

Everyone is still laughing.

APC: My lord, there is no difference between subpoenaed witness and ordinary witness.
I join my colleagues to object and cite some cases like ADP vs. INEC

Justice Tsammani: You’re wasting time. You’re citing what has been cited already. There’s no time.

APC: I want my lordship not to adopt the application of this witness, and it should be refused. The timing for his testimony has elapsed.

SAN Ikwueto: Subpeona, my lord is an order of court issued to the witness either by the plaintiff or petitioner and has no command over.
On, paragraph 41 sub paragraph 5 and 6 of the first schedule to the Electoral Act 2022 to submit with respect that even when a witness statement was not frontloaded with the petition, the witness can be allowed to testify in this honourable court.

SAN Okutepa: This witness is before this court on subpeona and by the authority of LASU Vs Owoyemi 2009 Nigeria weekly report.

At this point, the APC lawyers are correcting his pronunciation of Owoyemi and correcting the year

SAN Okutepa: My lord, you see, they know it, and they didn’t cite it, and they didn’t want to cite it. They know it, oh

Justice Tsammani: It was cited yesterday, so even if they hide it, I already know it.

SAN Okutepa: LASU Vs Owoyemi

Justice Tsammani: You say LASU, and what

SAN Okutepa: Owoyemi

Justice Tsammani: I thought you said Okutepa

Everyone is laughing

SAN Okutepa: My lord I don’t have a case yet
I also want to cite Tajudeen Bello vs. Odofin 2021 Law Pavilion Electronic Report
Also, in the case of Amachree Vs INEC the court held that no witness should be held back when subpoenaed.
A subpoenaed witness by authority can testify orally, and if then does not reduce it to written to be adopted, what injury would we suffer
No injury would be suffered, and my lord should overrule this objection and hold that this is technicality taking too far, and they are doing so to run away from the punishment they know they are to suffer.

SAN Okutepa: INEC Chairman was speaking about this thing and

Justice Tsammani cuts him short. No, stop that. Are you telling us what the witness want to tell us

SAN Okutepa: No it’s public knowledge that’s why they are all objecting like this, they are hiding from the punishment of those statements

Justice Tsammani: Please don’t say that.

SAN Okutepa: Oni and Fayemi 2019 Supreme Court stated that rules of court can not override the right of fair hearing.
About 219 witnesses came on subpeona to testify.
This witness is competent and can testify on subpeona and my lord should allow us to proceed.
Thank you my lord.

Currently there’s a huge argument about listening to the Channels TV witness.

All the respondents are actively objecting.

We have been listening to objection reasons since the court started up until now.

APC: My learned colleague has cited a wrong thing and should be held in professional misconduct

The whole court shouted ahhhhhh

Justice Tsammani: Please don’t say such. Stop it. That’s why I said we should move on.

SAN Okutepa is now on his feet

SAN Okutepa: My lord permit me to state my objection

APC: I am still standing sit down.

SAN Okutepa: But I am standing to State my objection

APC: You should know your senior and sit down when your senior is up

Everyone in the court: AAARRRHHHHHH

Justice Tsammani: What is that. How would you say such
Don’t say such

Justice Ugo: You’re his senior then you should know you’re supposed to sit when an objection is being raised

Everyone in the court:
Oh ohhhh

Justice Adah: You should know you will sit during an objection.

Justice Ugo: Please let’s maintain peace. This court case would finish and go but the both of you would still remain here as learned counsels.
Don’t disrespect yourselves because of a case.

Oh ohhhh thank you
APC elder lawyer, you’re everyone’s senior well done oh,
SAN Ancestor.

The judges have now stated they would give their judgement on this case at final hearing.

And asked that the witness goes ahead.

SAN Okutepa has asked the witness to present his evidence.

'The witness brings out 2 red flash drives.'

INEC: My learned colleague is giving me red flash drive instead of blue like my Chelsea.

SAN Okutepa: I know Pinhero is a Chelsea fan, so he can have a red one like my Arsenal.

Justice Tsammani: You should have given him blue for Chelsea.

SAN Okutepa: That’s why I gave him red card.

Justice Tsammani: But both of you are still losers. Both Chelsea and Arsenal didn’t even win anything

Justice Tsammani: Number 2 and number 18, Losers association.

The flash drive’s tendered by the Channels TV witness was not objected to by INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and APC

They did not object to the admissibility of this evidence.

SAN Okutepa has now applied to play the flash drives.

It's time for the movie

Hold on, Tinubu’s lawyers are up

SAN Olujimi: My lord objection. I object to this flash drive being played

They should have been served the video first and that the Law frown against springing up of surprises.

INEC said NO OBJECTION.

Court has ADMITTED it and tagged as Exh PBH 3.

Labour party applied to tender another video

No objection from all respondents

Court has ADMITTED and Tagged as Exh PBH4.

INEC lawyer is up

SAN Pinhero; My lord, we are indifferent about playing this flash drive.
It’s already admitted into evidence.

Ahn Ahn
INEC don give up

Everyone is laughing

APC Lawyers: We stand with our colleagues to object to this flash drive being played so that we can go back to watch it.
We have not played it yet to know the content, and we would need to prepare for cross examination.
This evidence should not be played

APC Objection objection all the time.
They even objected to the form that announced their candidate yesterday.

APC, Tinubu, and Shettima lawyers are currently objecting to the video presented by Channels TV to be played.

APC: We need to be served first before you play the video. This is an ambush

SAN Okutepa: There’s no law that states such.
My lord, we can move on and see what the witness wants us to see.

The judges are saying that the video will be played in court, but it doesn’t have to be now/today.

The respondents want to know the content, but Labour Party doesn’t want to share it with them because the law doesn’t require them to.

The case is hereby ADJOURNED. Till tomorrow, Saturday, June 10th, 2023, by 2pm

16" dishrack is available for pickup and delivery Nationwide. Other kitchen gadgets are also available at mouth watering prices. It's promo season WhatsApp 08039308175 noww before it's sold out
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Dramacools(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Watch and download Korean drama, movies, Kshow and other Asian dramas with english subtitles online free.Dramacool for ev
eryone!
https://dramacool9.eu/
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Almightyprosper: 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
If you're not under the influence of anything and you think anything other than what's on grounds can come out of here you're still a baby in political mathematics.

The Victory was decided a long time back..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by iSense247: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Today's session has ended and I think it was productive. Let me tell you what happened:

The way LP tendered those clips is HOW YOU TENDER AN EVIDENCE IN COURT, then drop the mic and walk away from the respondents.

While the respondents were expecting to see just Mahmood Yakubu, the LP team hit them with Festus Okoye and Tinubu/shettima's double nomination as well.

All along, the respondents relied on Shettima's nomination letter and even argued about the dates, but guess what happened today? LP team played a 'cassette' of Tinubu VERBALLY announcing that Shettima has been picked as his running mate days before the so-called letter was written.

At the end of the clip, the respondents didn't know what to ask. They started asking the witness if Festus Okoye, Mahmood Yakubu, and the cameramen are still alive! That's all they had to say after watching those clips.

Hilarious!

Even the judges didn’t see it coming😂

That was a masterstroke right there from the LP team. Damn!!!🔥🔥🔥👏👏👏

Credit: @General_oluchi

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by WATCHOVER(m): 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
LP will definitely win the Tribunal cases well
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Marineson(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2023
Let the tribunal do the needful because they are the last hope of common Man!
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Agbadocassava: 10:24am On Jun 13, 2023
senex4u:
Let's watch as everything unfolds.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by drlateef: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
iSense247:
Today's session has ended and I think it was productive. Let me tell you what happened:

The way LP tendered those clips is HOW YOU TENDER AN EVIDENCE IN COURT, then drop the mic and walk away from the respondents.

While the respondents were expecting to see just Mahmood Yakubu, the LP team hit them with Festus Okoye and Tinubu/shettima's double nomination as well.

All along, the respondents relied on Shettima's nomination letter and even argued about the dates, but guess what happened today? LP team played a 'cassette' of Tinubu VERBALLY announcing that Shettima has been picked as his running mate days before the so-called letter was written.

At the end of the clip, the respondents didn't know what to ask. They started asking the witness if Festus Okoye, Mahmood Yakubu, and the cameramen are still alive! That's all they had to say after watching those clips.

Hilarious!

Even the judges didn’t see it coming😂

That was a masterstroke right there from the LP team. Damn!!!🔥🔥🔥👏👏👏

Credit: @General_oluchi

That verbal announcement by Tinubu didn’t change anything. What is written down and signed and obtained by INEC is what counts in law. All these are theatrics to make you happy. But it carries no effects in law.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by AntiTerrorist: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL UPDATE - 14/06/2023

A beautiful wednesday morning, the judges are seated.

Labour Party Chairman is present today with the Labour Party BOT Chairman, Sen. Lar

Peter Obi is absent today.

Representation:
Dudu Manuga, National Women Leader Labour Party - LP

Chris Magida - Director Legal Services APC

Lead Counsels:

Labour Party - SAN LIVY UZOUKWU

INEC - SAN KEMI PINHERO

Tinubu and Shettima- SAN AKIN
OLUJIMI

APC: Respected elder senior SAN ANCESTOR AFOLABI FASHANU (The lawyer who asked LP lawyer to sit down and not talk when he’s talking because he’s his Senior)
So from today we will call him respected elder senior SAN Ancestor.

SAN Livy is now up on his feet

SAN Livy: My lord, with due respect, I will hand over to my learned colleague SAN Anuga to head todays proceedings.

SAN Anuga has now collected the mic and has started his my lord my lord my lord again like yesterday.
SAN Anuga has finished all my lord in the legal dictionary.

SAN Anuga: My lord, with utmost respect, my lord, please turn to the 8th schedule page 1 for the listings of IReVs
my lord. Thank you, my lord.

SAN Anuga has now tendered 21 LGA IReV for Benue State as certified by INEC

INEC has now objected to the documents they certified

Tinubu and Shettima’s lead counsel has now passed the mic to another lawyer to handle the proceedings
Guess what
He passed the mic to SAN Ogwu James Onoja
Do you guys remember him?
He’s the same lawyer that Apapa and Arabambi used to attack Labour Party and the LP Chairman.
The so-called lawyer for the so-called “factional” Labour Party.

As usual, he has objected to the documents presented by Labour Party lawyers.

APC lawyers also objected.

So all respondents again have objected.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted the document as evidence before the court and tagged them as exhibits.

SAN Anuga has now tendered to bar 25 LGA of Niger State listed on page 13 of the 8th schedule for IReV Reports.

All respondents, including Apapa APC lawyer, have objected again to the documents tendered by Peter Obi and Labour Party lawyers.

Justice Tsammani has admitted the documents as evidence and tagged them as exhibits

SAN Anuga is not wasting anytime today
He’s just talking really fast and tendering to bar very quickly.

SAN Anuga: Most humbly, my lord, my lord, kindly turn to the 9th Schedule, my lord. My lord, we presented this schedule yesterday, my lord. My lord turned to page 1, which shows the IReV reports for Edo State, my lord, as certified and downloaded by the 1st respondent (INEC), which covers 17 LGA, my lord
Thank you, my lord.

SAN Anuga has used all my lords in the whole dictionary.

Again, all the respondents have objected, including INEC, that signed and stamped the documents tendered by the Labour Party.

Justice Tsammani is now admitting the documents as evidence before the court.

SAN Anuga: My lord, thank you, my lord. My lord kindly turned to Page 4 of the 9th Schedule. My lord, this tendered document relates to IReV reports for
Bauchi State as downloaded and certified by the 1st Respondent, my lord.
My lord, this is on page 4-5, my lord.
It is for 20 LGA, my lord. I seek to tender these documents, my lord. I’m most grateful, my lord.

All respondents again have objected to the documents tendered by Peter Obi and Labour Party lawyers.

Justice Tsammani is now talking to the secretary while they are looking through some documents.

I think they can’t find something. All the clerks are actively looking through a series of documents and envelopes.

They have found the document they were looking for.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted to evidence the Bauchi State IReV reports tendered.

SAN Anuga is now tendering IReV reports of Bayelsa listed on page 6 of the schedule presented by the petitioners for 8 LGA in Bayelsa State.

All respondents again objected to the document tendered.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted to evidence of the documents as tendered to bar.

SAN Anuga: My lord, thank you. My lord, please turn to Page 6 of the same 9th schedule.
My lord, it shows blurred CTCs documents.

Justice Tsammani: Are they IReVs

SAN Anuga: They are forms, some are EC40G, but there are blank sheets, and most are written in no election and just certified by the 1st respondent as no election.
There are IReV downloads, and INEC certified them as such

Justice Tsammani: Is it cancelled election
Is it the same as no election. So are we going to mark it as cancelled or no election
What exactly is it? Is it cancelled election or no election.

‘Wahala oh’

SAN Anuga: The reason is given as cancelled election and in some No election but in the form EC40Gs the reasons are stated as either cancelled or no election

Justice Tsammani: Are we going to mark it as cancelled election as stated in the document certified or as no election as indicated in your schedule.

SAN Anuga and the Labour Party lawyers are now murmuring with each other while looking through some documents.

SAN Anuga: So my lord, the item under number 2 comes under cancelled result or no result
I have now separated the blurred ones from the cancelled my lord
And then, for the no election, we have listed it differently from the ones certified as cancelled my lord.

Justice Tsammani: Yes that’s what you should have done so we would write the right thing.
Over to you, Pinhero

INEC: We object to the documents presented by the petitioners, my lord, and we would advance our reasons in the stage of address.

APC, Tinubu, and Shettima’s lawyers have also objected.

SAN Anuga is now tendering
Blurred CTCs as CERTIFIED by INEC
which can not be traced to any LGA

These documents were stamped and certified by INEC and given to Labour Party and Peter Obi lawyers after they paid to purchase documents from each state.
Some of the documents are totally blurred that you can refer to them as plain documents.

All respondents again have objected to these documents tendered.

Justice Tsammani has admitted these documents into evidence as exhibits

Justice Bello has a cheeky smile on his face right now.

SAN Anuga has now tendered IReV reports for Kaduna State as listed on page 8 up to page 9 of the 9th schedule.
21 LGA IReV reports for Kaduna State as certified by INEC are currently being tendered.

SAN Anuga has now given out the documents to the clerks in front of him.

All respondents again have objected to the document.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted the documents as evidence before the court.

SAN Anuga: My lord Schedule 8 on page 9, there’s a second heading which relates to IReV forms that can not be linked to any LGA in Kaduna State.
We have listed them as Blurred IReV downloads

Hmm
Blurred documents again sent to Labour Party lawyers by INEC and INEC stamped them and signed.
Wow

Well, all the respondents have objected

Justice Tsammani has now admitted the documents as evidence.

SAN Anuga: My lord, we are now moving to Page 8 of this 9th schedule.
My lord, it is the second heading listed.
My lord, these are all wrong forms that can not be linked to any LGA in kaduna state.
These forms were certified by the 1st respondent, my lord.

All respondents have objected to this document

Justice Tsammani has now admitted to evidence of the documents tendered.

SAN Anuga is up on his feet again
SAN Anuga: My lord let’s see Page 9 of the 9th schedule, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: We will come back and see it. Let’s leave for just a quick break of 10 minutes.

The court is now going for a 10-minute break.

The judges are back

Justice Adah just whispered something to Justice Tsammani, and Justice Tsammani could not hold his laughter

Immediately, SAN Anuga is up in his feet

Hmm, this one Labour Party lawyers are being very quick today.
There is no time to waste.

Justice Tsammani: Yes

SAN Anuga: My lord, yes, we have 7 states schedules of certificate of compliance as certified by the 1st respondent, and we seek to tender 6 States excluding number 1.

‘The states were not called out nor was the state excluded called out, but the documents have been tendered to the judges”

All respondents have opposed and objected to the document.

Justice Tsammani has now admitted into evidence the documents as tendered.

SAN Anuga is quickly up on his feet again: My lord most himbly, let’s go to page 10 on the 9th schedule, my lord.
My lord, it is the schedule of BVAS and certificate of compliance for 28 states
as certified by the 1st respondent, my lord.
My lord, this is on pages 10 to 11
My lord, very humbly, we seek to tender these, my lord.
My lord 28 states, including FCT

‘SAN Anuga and “my lord”

All respondents again have objected to these documents

Justice Tsammani has now admitted the documents as evidence and tagged them as exhibits

SAN Anuga is now done tendering documents to the bar and has now passed the microphone back to SAN Livy

SAN Livy: My lord, I brought to the attention of the lead counsel of INEC that the office of the chairman of INEC has consistently refused to accept the subpoena of the release of documents despite the efforts of this court.
There is a huge failure of them to accept the subpoenas.

The lead counsel has graciously asked me to give him a copy of the subpoena and give it to any member of his team.
So I will get a copy and send it to him once I’m done with this proceeding.

INEC’s lawyer, SAN Pinhero, is now up on his feet.
Note that SAN Pinhero is leading INEC today as SAN AB Mahmoud is not here.

SAN Pinhero: My lord, it is now a pattern for the petitioner to use INEC as their reason when they want to seek adjournment.
It’s a pattern of the petitioners. A pattern. Some of the letters have been far back as March, April, and of recent May, and they keep on saying INEC is refusing to release documents to them.
Don’t use INEC as a whipping cord every time.
If they have nothing to do today, they should just say it and request for adjournment
We have no problem for their adjournment it means we would eat lunch early today.
It is very unfair and uncharitable that he is doing that
PDP also submitted subpoena, and the subpoenas have been received.
Stop it

SAN Livy is visibly angry at SAN Pinhero

SAN Pinhero: I am really, really shocked that my brother Silk said what he stood up to say.
I made it clear that they have refused service. I have told this court nunneries times.

Justice Tsammani: There is no need for all these.
This court can not make any other thing apart from the subpoena

SAN Livy: The language he used on me is unfair.
This is the second time it’s happening.

Justice Tsammani: He’s not the lead counsel. Don’t worry about him. We will handle it

SAN Livy: He’s continuously denigrating us, and it’s unfair

Justice Tsammani: You have been denigrating each other

SAN Livy: I have never spoken to anybody that way before my lord.
I have not been angry like this, my lord.

Justice Tsammani: We have been going smoothly, and we are here in respect of your matter. Don’t worry, we will handle it

SAN Livy: I have never sounded that way to any of my colleagues. Never.
He’s very disrespectful

Justice Tsammani: Don’t worry, Livy.

SAN Livy: INEC is avoiding us, and your lead counsel has told me he would help, but you are here denigrating us.

Justice Tsammani: Don’t worry, we are here. We are all seeing what is happening.

SAN Livy: As the court pleases my lord.

Justice Tsammani: This case is hereby adjourned to tomorrow, 15th June 2023.

You all should follow Onipekun. Thank God he’s around today. Let him buy you all lunch today.
But those coming back for the afternoon case, don’t eat pounded yam oh, don’t come and be sleeping in my courtroom.

‘This Justice Tsammani has wahala’

The case is hereby adjourned.
Learned silks, see you in court tomorrow.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by chinkenz(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Pharaohny: 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Case adjourned?
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by OsunOriginal: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WsM-Ok6wE
Following the motion for withdrawal by the Action Alliance and her Candidate, Solomon David Okanigbuan against INEC, Tinubu, APC and Hamza Al-Mustapha, the tribunal will be saddled with the responsibility of dismissing same first before sitting on the four (4) Petitions listed in no order of importance.

1. Action People's Party v. Bola Tinubu, APC & INEC (CA/PEPC/02/2023)

2. Peter Gregory Obi & LP v. INEC, Tinubu, APC & Kassim Shettima (CA/PEPC/03/2023)

3. Allied People's Movement v. INEC, APC, Tinubu, Shettima & Kabiru Masari (CA/PEPC/04/2023)

4. Atiku Abubakar & PDP v. Bola Tinubu, APC & INEC (CA/PEPC/05/2023)

The President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Monica Bol'nan Dongban-Mensem is expected to name the 5-man panel to preside over the petitions.

See sore losers and their lawyers grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Fadhlulaah(m): 8:40am On Jun 19, 2023
Wasting of time and resources
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) by Whatshappening: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2023
e don happen
Amazon confirms there was no presidential election technical glitch on Feb 25 elections. ! . grin shocked
read more here:
https://kilonshele.com/amazon-no-presidential-election-technical-glitch/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 / Oyo: Folarin, PDP Candidate Removes Transformer Donated To Community / Sokoto Chief Imam, Dr. Sheikh Mansour Has Called For The Release Of Murderers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.