Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 (19595 Views)

Presidential Election Dispute: Tribunal To Hear Atiku, Pdp’s Fresh Motion, July / Davido's Campaign Billboard For Ademola Adeleke In Osun Governorship Election / Gboyega Oyetola Biography, Profile, Age, Wife Kafayat Oyetola, Osun Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Shegunsmart(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2023
JOB OPPORTUNITY

Hello out there,

It's another season of harvesting the best minds on Nairaland..

I need the best hands for a freelance job. It's the position of a chat operator/Responder.

If you're interested, you'll be trained and tested. Your creativity sense is an integral characteristics needed for the job.

Please inbox me if interested
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by tianshie(m): 4:01am On May 09, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Adeleke will still win at Supreme Court, Oyetola will be pacify for National Appointment.

Oyetola was relying on Tinubu intervention to reclaim the seat, but Tinubu have already said he's a President to both APC, PDP, LP and all others, in fact Tinubu said he's a Nationalist and President for all. As a result he(Tinubu) won't take side.

Taking assurances from a drug lord? A man who circumvents national rules to run his narcotics business and maintain his domination? That's all talk and show.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Globad(f): 6:35am On May 09, 2023
Jones4190:
I am still curious as to why Bishop John Onaiyekan did not request that the Chief Judge of Osun State postpone the swearing-in of Governor Adeleke, given that his election victory is being contested at the tribunal and now at the Supreme Court.

The problem of selective amnesia is one of the major issues facing Nigeria. It is disheartening to see senior citizens in the country taking sides with certain political parties during critical moments of national interest.

This is wrong and must be widely condemned.
Hopefully oyetora will reclaim his mandate tomorrow

It's not selective amnesia that's worrying them, it's naked bias and uncontrolled emotional outbursts

I say amen to your prayer. The clock ticks

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Globad(f): 6:36am On May 09, 2023
Penguin2:

I fear they might use Osun case to set a precedence that would be used to help Tinubu’s case.

And I say this because Osun case is the first major case since BVAS and IREV became legal instruments of INEC.

Where do you think the judgment will swing from the proceedings in court?

In favour of Oyetola
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Globad(f): 6:37am On May 09, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Adeleke will still win at Supreme Court, Oyetola will be pacify for National Appointment.

Oyetola was relying on Tinubu intervention to reclaim the seat, but Tinubu have already said he's a President to both APC, PDP, LP and all others, in fact Tinubu said he's a Nationalist and President for all. As a result he(Tinubu) won't take side.

Please remember this position of the verdict goes in favour of Oyetola
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Globad(f): 6:38am On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Oyetola should rest. Adeleke will soon decamp and that's all we need. Oyetola failed Asiwaju and we don't work with losers.

Decamp to where?
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Globad(f): 6:39am On May 09, 2023
Propsvilla:
Imagine Supreme Court removing this Man that has over performed within short period of time. The judiciary should not allow themselves to be used as a willing tool in the hands of the evil politicians. They are the surviving Institution to uphold our democracy.

What has he done and achieved that amounts to performance?
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by zoedew: 6:39am On May 09, 2023
press9jatv:
yes soo
The day is here. 4pm at most. The guy was spotted in Ghana ostensibly on his way to Canada just so the judgment turns out not in his favour.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by ejimatic: 6:45am On May 09, 2023
press9jatv:
Clearly, all the 5 Justices in the panel must have read all the processes filed in advance and before today. Reason why they are making the Judgement 'Wait and Get'.
That is how SC operates Good of you
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by ejimatic: 6:46am On May 09, 2023
Penguin2:

I fear they might use Osun case to set a precedence that would be used to help Tinubu’s case.

And I say this because Osun case is the first major case since BVAS and IREV became legal instruments of INEC.

Where do you think the judgment will swing from the proceedings in court?
That is why I am interested in this again.! If BVAS is jettisoned today .Obis and Atiku cases lack value from the outset.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by ejimatic: 6:55am On May 09, 2023
SamuelOamen:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-supreme-court-rules-on-osun-gov-dispute-tuesday/
. That is how SC operates. The cases must have been considered before briefs presentations. So the judgement day is in order.

However ,this case will determine all the cases of elections held this year. I am particularly interested in the opinion of the SC on IREV and BVAS report. Are they secondary data and are irrelevant in proving overvoting?

I look forward to the day when courts will not be giving us election winners again like in the advanced countries!

Congratulations to whoever is declared winner today.
Osun Adara oooo!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by press9jatv: 7:01am On May 09, 2023
ejimatic:
That is how SC operates Good of you
yes soo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by press9jatv: 7:03am On May 09, 2023
zoedew:

The day is here. 4pm at most. The guy was spotted in Ghana ostensibly on his way to Canada just so the judgment turns out not in his favour.
you are wrong, it’s 2pm the judgement will be relayed. Governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke is in his country home Ede, rejoicing and dancing on today’s judgement that will be in his favour by the Special Grace of Almighty God. Governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke’s a goal.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Penguin2: 9:56am On May 09, 2023
ejimatic:
That is why I am interested in this again.! If BVAS is jettisoned today .Obis and Atiku cases lack value from the outset.

A lot of people didn’t understand me when I said what I said.

The ruling of the Supreme Court today will be very consequential to how Obi and Atiku’s cases will go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by ejimatic: 10:23am On May 09, 2023
Penguin2:

A lot of people didn’t understand me when I said what I said.

The ruling of the Supreme Court today will be very consequential to how Obi and Atiku’s cases will go.
You are right
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by IgOga(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2023
Globad:

In favour of Oyetola

If it goes in favour of Adeleke then Obi and Atiku can forget their cases. Whatever inec declares hencefort will be the result. BVAS and irev will become inconsequential in arguing election win. Election register will be the yardstick......rigging is be back with fury in 2027 grin
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by zoedew: 1:34pm On May 09, 2023
press9jatv:
you are wrong, it’s 2pm the judgement will be relayed. Governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke is in his country home Ede, rejoicing and dancing on today’s judgement that will be in his favour by the Special Grace of Almighty God. Governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke’s a goal.
That’s reassuring! Great Please ensure you stay around him to have the dance together.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by press9jatv: 1:36pm On May 09, 2023
zoedew:

That’s reassuring! Great Please ensure you stay around him to have the dance together.
yes soo. Dancing to Appreciate God Almighty For the victories on us
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by zoedew: 3:03pm On May 09, 2023
press9jatv:
yes soo. Dancing to Appreciate God Almighty For the victories on us
Adeleke won! Your dancing steps are sure!
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2023
Globad:

Please remember this position of the verdict goes in favour of Oyetola

Do you now see the Supreme Court Judgement?
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2023
maasoap:

So, Oyetola doesn't have a solid argument, right? Remember that he won at the tribunal. He doesn't need Tinubu to win this case.

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by Bringbackmandat: 3:49pm On May 09, 2023
Jones4190:
I am still curious as to why Bishop John Onaiyekan did not request that the Chief Judge of Osun State postpone the swearing-in of Governor Adeleke, given that his election victory is being contested at the tribunal and now at the Supreme Court.

The problem of selective amnesia is one of the major issues facing Nigeria. It is disheartening to see senior citizens in the country taking sides with certain political parties during critical moments of national interest.

This is wrong and must be widely condemned.
Hopefully oyetora will reclaim his mandate tomorrow
it sounds mumucious if you are comparing governor with president.
Now that oyetola has failed can you apologize to sensible Nigerians?
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 by maasoap(m): 5:44pm On May 09, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:

Yeah, I saw it. INEC should simply scrap its use of BVAS because as it is now, it is useless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him / Southern Governors Wives Visit Aregbesola (Photos) / We Will Not Collapse Amotekun Into Community Police ― Akeredolu tells IG (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.