Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can You Buy A House With A Grave? (33281 Views)

Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / How To Build A House In Nigeria / Petrol Kept In A House Burns In Oworonshoki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by aishatmusah(f): 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:
I wonder how some people will want to sell their house after burying their loved one or family member in there.

What's your take dear fam

I definitely wouldn't buy one knowingly!
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by OblorOblor: 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
Paystack:
Buy the house

Mine the skull of the grave occupants and sell to Ogun people

Win win

It's safer to invite them to do the mining by themselves.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Artorius(m): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
ecolime:
U wanna sell your family house shey? Better raise money elsewhere cheesy

@ Nazgul: Eg. If a useless first son is selling his late parents home in VI or Ikoyi which host their graves as well for a ridiculous amount, I won't think twice before jumping on the offer.

Coincidentally, I happen to be a first son and my inherited property hosts my parents grave grin

I was not bouyant to develop it because of Projects including my personal property. All I did was let a family member live in the building free of charge. Then gave out the front yard (80 by 60) to a credible developer who built a mini-shopping Plaza (26 shops)

Few more years to go, full ownership of the shops will be back to me with steady rents flowing in.

Never insult the memories of your parents by selling their resting place.

Did your family member later give you any trouble? How do you prevent such from happening?
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by ecolime(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Artorius:

Did your family member later give you any trouble? How do you prevent such from happening?
Which family? My younger ones? They all have their virgin lands.

If you mean extended family, that can't happen. We have all grown past that threat. lol
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by DrDunamis(m): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
sheystar:
How is this possible and what's the procedure Please
It's very possible, talk to the seller of the property with your lawyer present or a police representative.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Chasito(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
Everywhere you go at some point somebody was buried there in the past. Perhaps 700 years ago sef.

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by AnonymousMike(m): 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
HappyPagan:
Exhume the body, destroy the grave.

Wahala you Dey find, Wahala you go get........person wey Use him mouth talk say “bury me for my house if I don die” When him still Dey alive Na the body you wan go exhume........if you exhume body, you no exhume the spirit comot for the house oooo........ E be like say to act horror movie Dey sweet you....
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Tapout(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2023
vyncentino:
One of my friend rented one house like that,she never knew,they buried person in one of room,she was sleeping one day her bed fall inside the grave,with Skeleton,remains,it was a terrible experience, story for another day

Una done come.... cheesy
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:54am On Jun 26, 2023
Normally graves are seen in many family compounds, and no reasonable man would sell his family compound.But buying a building with a grave in its premises should not be comtemplated at all, particularly if the house is a private residence.
That's because you don't know the circumstances surrounding the grave being there in the first place.The grave might be that of an occultic person which can attract evil psychic energy flows over the building.Why would it be?
Because the grave would contain rings,staffs, and other objects from the occult which would be buried with the person, and they would radiate evil energy, attracting evil spirits.
The grave might even be that of a person who died violently and the spirit is earthbound.
Many earthbound spirits are malevolent in nature, particularly those of people who died violently within a building and who have strong obsessions with a certain issue when alive.
Such spirits won't hesitate to harass the innocent buyers of the house after he's moved in.
That's why it's advisable to pray over a building you buy, because ignorance is not an excuse and you don't know the circumstances surrounding the building.

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by sharone21(f): 2:06am On Jun 26, 2023
Sometimes when kids are little and father dies, the safe thing to do is to bury the owner on that land to scare off thieving relatives of the man, contenders that want to come behind etc., pending when the kids are adults to assume rightful ownership.

But, it is better it is done in a corner of that house or if there is money and proper planning, body is exhumed and transfered lawfully LATER. The burying at a corner is to allow a fencing off of that property especially when it has big land. And can be sold so the family can eat from dad's sweat.

But, the best is not to bury in the house/ land/ property though this is a cheaper and more honourable way for some families who cannot afford private cemeteries.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by alhajiabdulbuha: 4:58am On Jun 26, 2023
As Tinubu is emabarking Every woman must marry national and programme where marriage fees must be subsidized to N100, 000 for each man. We need lands to marry as much wives as possible in this Tinubu's scheme.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by alhajiabdulbuha: 5:00am On Jun 26, 2023
As Tinubu is emabarking on Every woman must marry national and programme where marriage fees must be subsidized to N100, 000 for each man. We need lands to marry as much wives as possible in this Tinubu's scheme.

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by alhajiabdulbuha: 5:02am On Jun 26, 2023
Let the puooor breathhhhhhhhhh grin grin
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by alhajiabdulbuha: 5:03am On Jun 26, 2023
Let single Nigerians and tenants breathhhe
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Eguwepaul: 6:08am On Jun 26, 2023
Okay we hear you
Greatness96:
Today's words: Know that God isn't dead...
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by clockwisereport: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2023
Dougad:

I'm shocked no one is talking about this one lmao

I know people who were buried in the middle of house, tiles covered up like nothing happened there

Akwa Ibom people sabi this one die
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by sinola(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2023
Dont try it...except you are not going to live there with your family.

If it is for commercial purpose, it is ok
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Biodun556(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2023
ecolime:
U wanna sell your family house shey? Better raise money elsewhere cheesy

@ Nazgul: Eg. If a useless first son is selling his late parents home in VI or Ikoyi which host their graves as well for a ridiculous amount, I won't think twice before jumping on the offer.

Coincidentally, I happen to be a first son and my inherited property hosts my parents grave grin

I was not bouyant to develop it because of Projects including my personal property. All I did was let a family member live in the building free of charge. Then gave out the front yard (80 by 60) to a credible developer who built a mini-shopping Plaza (26 shops)

Few more years to go, full ownership of the shops will be back to me with steady rents flowing in.

Never insult the memories of your parents by selling their resting place.

You have a good idea, but the graves are still not save. Your children or grand children may not follow your foot step especially when the area is now develop and the land added more value. The best thing to do is to bury late Loved ones at the burial ground
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Philipmoon2(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2023
Yes of cos!
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
A house with a grave is a red flag

You don't want to walk into a problem you know nothing of.

It's not about anything superstitious.

But a house with a grave tells me there could be other disgruntled family members you might have to deal with somewhere down the line.

These things can get out of hand pretty quickly.

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by OneCandleAway(f): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
obonujoker:

Yes... I can... I also network there too.... But for a successful sale, commission is 5%

Then you should have pictures or video of the property for sale

I messaged you
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Kobicove(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
vyncentino:
One of my friend rented one house like that,she never knew,they buried person in one of room,she was sleeping one day her bed fall inside the grave,with Skeleton,remains,it was a terrible experience, story for another day

That must have been a terrible experience for her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Build And Renovate Your Dream House With A Registered Building Construction Firm / Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors / Metro View Hotel Collapses In Ebonyi, 60 People Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.