Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Your Career Your Responsibility - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Career Your Responsibility (260 Views)

Corporate Social Responsibility Manager / We Have The Responsibility To Determine The Market. / Urgently Needed- Corporate Social Responsibility Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Career Your Responsibility by Rubyjade: 5:30am On May 09, 2023
Dear Employers,

Good Internal structure is a precursor for Employee Retention. You cannot have a distorted structure and expect employees to manage with you.

Some Employers are the authors of toxicity & high turnover rate unknowingly and then still fight employees when they decide to leave their organisations.

A few Tips on helping Employers set the right structures:

👉Put in a place a structure for career growth.

👉Let people know what to expect as they advance in their career journey.

👉Learn to get help to set up your Internal Processes .

👉Organogram, Job description, SOP, salary band, promotion, reward systems are important to keep employees engaged.

👉Put structures in place for effective communication and span of control.

👉Don’t call both the subordinate and the supervisor to know what is happening in the unit and then ask the latter to be reporting his/her boss activity to you.

Lastweek, an employee reached out to me that she needs a change of job and that she is tired of being expected to be a “spy police”.

Må, “ the MD keeps asking us about the HOD when she can call him up herself”.

“I am beginning to feel watched myself. I am beginning to feel intimidated with her constant questions that is unrelated to the task at hand”.

“I am feeling guilty leaving the place as I love the new responsibilities I have been given”.

What do you think? Isn’t It obvious the MD is:

👉🏽Sowing seed of discord in the organization.

👉🏽Unintentionally creating a dysfunctional team.

👉🏽Creating a culture that would be termed toxic.

Asking employees to be spying on each other is a NO!

Create a stable & enabling environment for productivity & synergy.

We need to STOP⛔⛔ feeling bad or guilty about wanting something more if the system we find ourselves cannot give us that.

Your career is YOUR responsibility.
Copied

1 Like

Re: Your Career Your Responsibility by illicit(m): 8:06pm On May 09, 2023
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Your Career Your Responsibility by Hamachi(f): 9:53pm On May 09, 2023
wink
Re: Your Career Your Responsibility by Rubyjade: 9:55am On May 10, 2023
wink
illicit:
Nice piece

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Stages In Access Bank Graduate Training After Online Assessment / Job Search: Remote Writing Job / Jobs Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.