Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why Do You Want To Work Here? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do You Want To Work Here? (9172 Views)

If This Is Happening At Your Place Of Work, Here Is What To Do / How To Answer The Interview Question, β€˜why Do You Want To Work Here?’ / 5 Ways You Can Answer The Interview Question "Why Do You Want To Work Here?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Hamachi(f): 5:49am On May 09, 2023
Why Do You Want to Work Here?

This is one of the most common interview questions that can make or break your chances of landing the job.

So, why is it so important, and how should you approach answering it?

First, let's understand why interviewers ask this question.

Hiring managers want to know if you have done your research on the company and are genuinely interested in working for them. Your answer can also help them understand how you will fit into their company culture and values.

So, how should you answer this question? Here are some tips:

πŸ“Œ Research the company: Do your homework on the company's mission, values, products/services, and any recent news or developments.

πŸ“Œ Connect your values: Identify the company's values that resonate with you and share why you align with them.

πŸ“Œ Link your skills: Explain how your skills and experiences align with the company's mission and the position you are applying for.

πŸ“Œ Mention specific projects: Mention any specific projects, products or initiatives that you admire and how they align with your own goals.

πŸ“Œ Express excitement: Show genuine excitement and enthusiasm for the opportunity to work with the company.

Remember to keep your answer concise and to the point. Avoid generic responses and tailor your answer to the specific company and role. Show your passion, knowledge, and skills that make you a perfect fit for the company.

Have you been in an interview where this question threw you off balance? Share your experience in the comment section below.

Wishing you a fruitful week ahead.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Breadandpeppers(f): 7:09am On May 09, 2023
Interviewer: why do you want to work here

Me: because I am jobless

37 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by SMJay: 7:09am On May 09, 2023
grin
Breadandpeppers:
Interviewer: why do you want to work here

Me: because I am jobless

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by JOACHINpedro: 9:50am On May 09, 2023
Q-Why do you want to work here?
A- A bird at hand is far better than hundreds in the forest

14 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Ayojideonline(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2023
Nice update. Handy and useful.

Hamachi:
Why Do You Want to Work Here?

This is one of the most common interview questions that can make or break your chances of landing the job.

So, why is it so important, and how should you approach answering it?

First, let's understand why interviewers ask this question.

Hiring managers want to know if you have done your research on the company and are genuinely interested in working for them. Your answer can also help them understand how you will fit into their company culture and values.

So, how should you answer this question? Here are some tips:

πŸ“Œ Research the company: Do your homework on the company's mission, values, products/services, and any recent news or developments.

πŸ“Œ Connect your values: Identify the company's values that resonate with you and share why you align with them.

πŸ“Œ Link your skills: Explain how your skills and experiences align with the company's mission and the position you are applying for.

πŸ“Œ Mention specific projects: Mention any specific projects, products or initiatives that you admire and how they align with your own goals.

πŸ“Œ Express excitement: Show genuine excitement and enthusiasm for the opportunity to work with the company.

Remember to keep your answer concise and to the point. Avoid generic responses and tailor your answer to the specific company and role. Show your passion, knowledge, and skills that make you a perfect fit for the company.

Have you been in an interview where this question threw you off balance? Share your experience in the comment section below.

Wishing you a fruitful week ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by dauddy97(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2023
wink
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by GRACEGLORY: 11:16am On May 09, 2023
After understanding more about this position, I'm confident that I can use my years of experience working with other companiesβ€”who I'm sure miss my personalityβ€”to help you identify ways to manage projects more successfully and efficiently.
And that is something that your company doesn't want to miss.

Don't just look for jobs, build values...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by landpipe16: 11:16am On May 09, 2023
Because I want to work here
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by theophorus(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2023
Simple Answer.

1. I need More Money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Onyi90(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2023
Because you advertised for vacancy naw

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by aycapri(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2023
Here to read response
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by TechCapon(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2023
Because I need the money undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Kingkamba(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2023
IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO WORK. OGA CARRY YOUR WORK. WHY DID YOU DO ADVERT?. NA YEYE WORK YOU GO DEY HEAR THIS KIND NONSENCE.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Easybet1(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2023
Simple answer, because i need money

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by dododawa1: 11:20am On May 09, 2023
I got BILLS to pay.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Zyxsc: 11:20am On May 09, 2023
Because I want to help this company out of poverty

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Crazeworld(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2023
I hear you pay well and I've got bills so I guess we are a match made in heaven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by chiokeman(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2023
because I never work here before

7 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by frankblinkz(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2023
Answer to the question: Because I have HIDDEN POTENTIAL

SELF EMPLOYMENT is the way forward,start small take that RISK today.

After my 2 years of working for somebody and resigning to start my own business,to be honest, there's much difference.

Note:even if you are to work for any company please always have the plan to raise capital to start your own business, don't be slave for donkey years.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by baralatie(m): 11:22am On May 09, 2023
Someone up there said oga carry your work and go.no be you advertise
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Nairalanders no get chill

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by COZA(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2023
Because bills must be paid sir

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by gigabyte13: 11:23am On May 09, 2023
Interviewer : why do you want to work here......??

Me : this place is fine, cool and befitting, moreover, shey only you fit do the work....

If Dem call you back for work, make devil repent.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by New007: 11:24am On May 09, 2023
Because I no wan starve. cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 09, 2023
Sapa
I don't have a choice.
I need money
Either here or gee and I no wan do gee.
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Guynexttdoor: 11:26am On May 09, 2023
Research for 150k in this bad economy..mtchw

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2023
I heard you guys pay well wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Dexy4yah(m): 11:45am On May 09, 2023
Because i believe that i can make your establishment more outstanding amongst others.
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by showlove911(m): 11:50am On May 09, 2023
...For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
...Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
...Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
...Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14

God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Him we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our life.
...amen...

Say....LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You were raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Ugaboy: 12:04pm On May 09, 2023
I'm sure this has helped me learn a little today
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Ugaboy: 12:05pm On May 09, 2023
The hidden truth is that I have a responsibility, I have family and friends who are also looking up to me.

So, I must be healthy financially to see to their needs
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by sageb: 12:35pm On May 09, 2023
Kingkamba:
IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO WORK. OGA CARRY YOUR WORK. WHY DID YOU DO ADVERT?. NA YEYE WORK YOU GO DEY HEAR THIS KIND NONSENCE.

so hilarious
Re: Why Do You Want To Work Here? by Gagare1(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2023
Your organisation's values align with mine, and I am confident that I can be a valuable employee in an organisation, like yours, that offers a career path in my area of expertise and interest.

(Modified)

On the unserious side:

Last month, I dropped an immensely endowed lady here on Uber. She entered this place and I heard the Security greeting her, "welcome Ma". Walahi wetin she carry go make even you come find work for here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Npower: Volunteers Not Paid Actually Made Lots Of Costly Errors / Who Knows Owppin Limited In Ogun State? / Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.