Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know (311 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / Help!!!! My Husband Absconded With Our Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by IyaTola: 7:27am On May 09, 2023
I'm not saying we should encourage our children to fail but let them know we love them no matter the outcome and they can always fall back on us.

Recently, a young man in my brother's school stabbed himself after realizing he failed his JAMB...thank God he made it & receiving treatment as well.

I'm not saying my parents method were the best but they never made me feel my life was over. They are the definition of "ti won ba fi owo otun ba omo wi, afi tosi fa mora".

I Wrote WAEC 2 times, NECO 2 times and JAMB 3 times...I'm not proud of all those failing but I won't stop living either or is it when I dropped out of Medicine & Surgery but graduated with a 3rd class in B.Sc Economics...heaven didn't fall either or is it when I became pregnant out of wedlock. I believe failures happen in life because it is part of life and I believe it won't stop us from where God is taking us.

You know those times when I didn't do well in one or 2 subjects, my dad would ask why I didn't do well and I would just tell him I didn't study well enough. He would encourage me to do better next term and sometimes even pay for extra coaching if he sees I'm struggling with a subject or 2.

I'm glad I went through all those tough times with love from my parents. Oh no, I was never a dull child...I will share story of how ended up with a 3rd class with you later. I know book small oooooo

When you see some women stay in an ab.usive relationship & eventually d!e there...sometimes I believe some of our parents played a major role in that part for not telling our girl child that the house is open to them when things goes beyond their control.

I'm not saying we shouldn't encourage our women/men to work things out in their marriage but let them know they shouldn't loose their life in the process.

We should let our girl child knows that it is not okay to allow someone to reduce thier lifespan through beating.

Some parents put so much pressure on children that they made it seems like they themselves never failed in their lives. Many of these children just want to live to expectations.

Almost all parents took first position in class, who amongst them now carried last ooooo? πŸ˜‚

I think we should also teach our boys that it is okay not to drain himself because of too much responsibility from his wife's family... once some people are married ehn, you see wife younger ones, her uncle, her parents, even her ancestors will come ask for money from the husband.

Why will I wait for one man to come and take care of my own parents and my family when I know he has obligations to his own family as well?

This is one of the reasons I now love to work with women through by empowering them so that they can eat what they want, and not what they see.
😍😘

Grateful to God for the gift of growth πŸ™

I still remain your #iyatola
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by superCleanworks(m): 7:52am On May 09, 2023
IyaTola:

Some parents put so much pressure on children that they made it seems like they themselves never failed in their lives. Many of these children just want to live to expectations.

funny thing is a great percentage of the parents who apply such physical, emotional and mental pressure on the kids will never ever sit with their kids to actually help them even with a little one on one interaction. All they know is that they have paid an expensive school fee and every result should automatically be AAA.

You see those OVER RELIGIOUS PARENTS are something else. Every failure or shortcoming of the child is demon related and if the child is intelligent then they allude it to grace rather than helping the child to fine tune his/her smartness. then they turn back and start to cry when the child channels the intelligence into mischief and negative cleverness.

Many parents blame Ekweremadu but they are experts at getting special centre for their own kids even when they know the child is under age. The pressure continues till the child collapses morally & socially like a banana island building.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by ahnie: 7:52am On May 09, 2023
Hope you didn't steal this write-up as usual?
Just asking!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by IyaTola: 7:54am On May 09, 2023
angry
ahnie:
Just asking!
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by superCleanworks(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2023
ahnie:
Just asking!

i had the gut feeling that you would be here before 8am. you didn't disappoint grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by IyaTola: 7:56am On May 09, 2023
superCleanworks:

i had the gut feeling that you would be here before 8am. you didn't disappoint grin
What do you expect? Street Business is booming!
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by ahnie: 8:01am On May 09, 2023
superCleanworks:

As resident timekeeper wey I be.
grin grin grin
This one wey you dey think of me like this so....I don de fear o

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by superCleanworks(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2023
IyaTola:
What do you expect? Street Business is booming!

how is any of this related to street business? don't involve me in your irrelevant internet quarrel abeg and MORE IMPORTANTLY, learn to mind your own business, i was not talking to you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by superCleanworks(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2023
ahnie:

As resident timekeeper wey I be.
grin grin grin
This one wey you dey think of me like this so....I don de fear o

LoL. I wasn't thinking of you oh. I just had that strong premonition like when you get this feeling that someone is about to knock on your door... then you hear the knock.
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by ahnie: 8:08am On May 09, 2023
superCleanworks:

LoL. I wasn't thinking of you oh. I just had that strong premonition like when you get this feeling that someone is about to knock on your door... then you hear the knock.
Mo ti gbo daddy
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by superCleanworks(m): 8:10am On May 09, 2023
ahnie:

Mo ti gbo daddy
Yes daddy dey for court grin

innocent darling to an igbo man. grin
anytime i see this I just start laughing. Abeg why the EMPHASIS on igbo man?
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by ahnie: 8:11am On May 09, 2023
superCleanworks:

innocent darling to an igbo man. grin
anytime i see this I just start laughing. Abeg why the EMPHASIS on igbo man?
Am I not an innocent darling?
Talk true
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by ahnie: 8:22am On May 09, 2023
superCleanworks:

You dey mind the **him/shim**

He's known to be an expert at stealing people's write-up,I only asked shim a simpu kwenshion and shim is annoyed.
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by talk2hb1(m): 9:08am On May 09, 2023

I finished secondary school in 2002, with more than 5credits. I graduated from university in 2014, and I didn’t get a job till 2020 grin I never ever considered myself a failure ever, because I never failed. I never give up and I won’t give up.
Re: I'm Not Saying We Should Encourage Our Children To Fail But Let Them Know by IyaTola: 3:36pm On May 10, 2023
undecided
ahnie:

You dey mind the **him/shim**

He's known to be an expert at stealing people's write-up,I only asked shim a simpu kwenshion and shim is annoyed.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's NO.1 Moving Company (pack N Moove) / Household Items And Office Items For Sale / Toilet Safety Tip For Manhood, Men Get In Here For Your Own Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.