Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion (8749 Views)

MTN 3G Smart Feature Phone (smart M561M3) Common Issues And Resolution / Mtn 3g Vs Glo 4g Lte Internet Speed Test(Shocking Result) / Mtn 3g Not Coming Up @ Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by mykymyk101: 10:22am On May 09, 2023
Bad deal for NCC, how can you renew someone's license for 15 years straight, without considering how the economy will be in 15 years?
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by Shalashaska: 10:24am On May 09, 2023
Who want dey use 3g for 15yrs grin
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by sonature1: 10:25am On May 09, 2023
MTN is the richest company in Nigeria (net income) followed by Dangote Group, BUA and Larfage, excluding banks. Oil and gas companies are nowhere close.

There's no investment as good as investment in tech and real estate.

Eventually, MTN will find a way to make their subscribers pay the renewal fee.
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by Bluntemperor: 10:25am On May 09, 2023
Sasi54:
With all this money here and there, why are our citizens so poor?

The NCC of a body should be probed!
Is this BILLIONS in Naira or in Dollars equivalents?
If in the Naira, that body should be arrested because of the homongous Money being made by these Multinational Companies,which the NCC is a collaborator!
Shame!
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by shereef19: 10:32am On May 09, 2023
inoki247:
Lol no be 3G service dem dey give us before dey package am call m 5G for us....

Fear God
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2023
CartelKenneth:

Actually we don’t need more it will overcrowd the market
Look at other big countries they have only four major networks max
Us has T-Mobile AT&T Verizon sprint
France has orange canal vodaphone
Uk too the same thing
Japan NTT Docomo which is actually government owned (they killed all other upcoming networks like Sony Ericsson to gain full control)

A new network will not even last because it will be suffocated by the major 3 players( mtn Glo airtel)
Remember starcomms vmobile and zeltel?
the only sensible response

1 Like

Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by seguno2: 10:49am On May 09, 2023
HonNL:
… Pays NatCom N4.25bn For 2-Years Spectrum Lease

SOURCE

Is this one of the enduring fruits of Atiku’s privatisation and deregulation policies in Obasanjo’s PDP government

How would the fuel economy be if olodos didn’t allow Tinubu to mislead them into #OccupyNigeria 11 years ago in Ojota?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by frog12: 10:57am On May 09, 2023
expensive
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by showlove911(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2023
...For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
...Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
...Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
...Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14

God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Him we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our life.
...amen...

Say....LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You were raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life.
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by FireUpNow(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2023
Subscribers will pay that money
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by RulerIAm(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2023
HonNL:
… Pays NatCom N4.25bn For 2-Years Spectrum Lease

SOURCE
cash out!
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by dmaze: 11:50am On May 09, 2023
My thoughts exactly.
How can an economy of more than 200 million people have only 3 major network telecommunication providers?

It doesn't make sense. We are supposed to have more than 10, to let the telecom space be super competitive.

Omihanifa:
We need like two more operators to make the market very competitive.
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by 9jaRealist: 1:07pm On May 09, 2023
inoki247:
Lol US av more than 3 service provider na the one wey popular u dey mention so....

Boost, Cricket, TracFone, straightalk all this still dey..

Without prejudice, Cricket is owned by AT&T…
While TracFone and StraightTalk are owned by Verizon.

Meanwhile, Boost is owned by DISH network…
But uses AT&T and T-Mobile to deliver telephony services.

Accordingly, there isn’t a proliferation of operators in the US…
There’s merely a differentiation of outlets catering to different segments of the market.

>
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by inoki247: 1:10pm On May 09, 2023
9jaRealist:

Without prejudice, Cricket is owned by AT&T…
While TracFone and StraightTalk are owned by Verizon.

Meanwhile, Boost is owned by DISH network…
But uses AT&T and T-Mobile to deliver telephony services.

Accordingly, there isn’t a proliferation of operators in the US…
There’s merely a differentiation of outlets catering to different segments of the market.

>

Ok bro thanks for the input...
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by Khallicopyro: 1:14pm On May 09, 2023
Que: why 15 years and why now?
Ans: 15 years so as to maximize the loot.
Now na last minute looting..
Alooter continua
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by MeineMutter: 3:19pm On May 09, 2023
potbelly:
Something MTN will make in less than a year...

3 months, max. Na end users go suffer.
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by einsteine(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2023
inoki247:

Lol US av more than 3 service provider na the one wey popular u dey mention so....

Boost, Cricket, TracFone, straightalk all this still dey..

Those are brands owned by the major providers to create illusion of choice. There has been massive consolidation in the US telecoms market
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by CANTICLES: 4:25pm On May 09, 2023
motionarena:
So who chops the money?

Its our money please send my own shares

grin
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by COMPAQ(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2023
Omihanifa:
We need like two more operators to make the market very competitive.

It won't happen. The market has been won and lost and is now saturated. It will be impossible for a brand new person to enter the market. Only option is to take over an existing brand.
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by edoairways: 8:37pm On May 09, 2023
dmaze:
My thoughts exactly.
How can an economy of more than 200 million people have only 3 major network telecommunication providers?

It doesn't make sense. We are supposed to have more than 10, to let the telecom space be super competitive.

It is actually 4 network
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by obama99: 8:15am On May 10, 2023
15 years ... Haba
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by esthel(f): 10:31am On May 10, 2023
tuiboboo:
Atkeast they will offload some debt with that
offset - No, Squander - Yes
Re: NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion by Kaveco(m): 1:05pm On May 11, 2023
tuiboboo:
Atkeast they will offload some debt with that

Dreamer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sage 50 Pro Accounting 2020 Fully Cracked X64 X86 / To Change The Screen Of Your Ipad And Other Phones / Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.