Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors (19289 Views)

Atiku, Obaseki Attend PDP’s Reception For New, Returning Governors / The Induction Of New And Returning Governors In Abuja (Photo) / Saraki Attends NGF’s Dinner For New, Returning Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 09, 2023
EmeraldEmperor:
They’re planning to Free Our Hero #Nnamdi Kalu from Dss Custody

This man is your hero? He almost burnt Nigeria down. But you said you live Nigeria?

https://www.youtube.com/live/Ktk4uXmlOLs?feature=share
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by lordprogress: 8:36pm On May 09, 2023
In a sane world people like Tony blair should be in jail.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by BidenDTrounced: 8:40pm On May 09, 2023
Tony Blair begging to speak at a Nigerian function might perhaps, resurrect Western dominance. grin grin
Nigerians rejected okuta and chose agbado, Okonjo is invited to felicate with us.

Era of Western dominance ending – Tony Blair
https://www.rt.com/news/559117-tony-blair-ukraine-china/
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:40pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:
I wanted to see Paul Kagame on that list! That man and Rwanda are the pride of Africa today.
If not for leaders like Paul Kagame, I would probably argue that black Africans are not due for self-rule.

They should also invite Professor Patrick Lumumba to events like this. African leaders need be reminded that they carry the hopes of millions and start thinking outside the box.
someone ruling since the 90s ll u guys allow that here beside nothing special about Rwanda... Or even kagame
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by lexy2014: 8:41pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:
I wanted to see Paul Kagame on that list! That man and Rwanda are the pride of Africa today.
If not for leaders like Paul Kagame, I would probably argue that black Africans are not due for self-rule.

They should also invite Professor Patrick Lumumba to events like this. African leaders need be reminded that they carry the hopes of millions and start thinking outside the box.

What will the names you have mentioned and the names already invited do to improve the governors?

What is the purpose of this jamboree? Do they need all these people to talk to them before they know how to be governors?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by lexy2014: 8:43pm On May 09, 2023
kokomilala:
The Gathering Of Original Thinkers

The world is not in not in short supply of original thinkers, but their thoughts don't always find expression in the policy thrusts of government. In the
final analysis, politics of different shades come to play.

What should be of concern to clear thinking Nigerians is how to translate these thoughts into deliverables to the people.

How will the gathering benefit nigeria?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2023
Okealaaye:

Eboe boy and name-calling, and abuse!
Mind your business,Mr oil soup. Is it too difficult for you?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by lexy2014: 8:45pm On May 09, 2023
Okealaaye:

This man is your hero? He almost burnt Nigeria down. But you said you live Nigeria?

https://www.youtube.com/live/Ktk4uXmlOLs?feature=share

How did he almost burn nigeria down?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:45pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

kagame that muzzle opposition is whom u see as a model for what... Someone who is a sit tight leader if Rwanda is special Why Ina Nigerians praising them never relocate there... Rwanda economy isn't even up to Kano or Lagos so why d hype...
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by viodemus: 8:46pm On May 09, 2023
Even if God comes down from heaven to speak there personally, many of the potential treasury looters, will still do 10 or 20%, and loot the rest.

Nigerian leaders are usually the less creative, the most corrupt with impunity, the most egoistic, arrogant, wannabe demigod, and treasury account diverters; among their peers.

The fraudulent renowned criminal is.surrounded by them, they will so do Nigeria gboju gboju. E ma nka, e mara nke ozo
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by DCONE1(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2023
Tony Blair shouldn't be on the list ,someone that committed mass murder in Iraq in the name of Weapon of mass destruction.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by obembet(f): 8:51pm On May 09, 2023
Antimandatethie:
I personally, pity nigerians let just
look at, our selves in the Mirror,
and ask ourself are we getting
anybetter in this country, many
have perished just to make this
country presentable and
cherishable, can we come as a
nation, and aks our selves where,
tribalism is taking us to?
Every tribes in Nigeria are guilty of this.. some Region as never allow other tribe to hold chairmanship not to talk commissioner while some are still trying...
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 09, 2023
lexy2014:

How did he almost burn nigeria down?

You saw the accompanying video and you asked this question? Thank God Nigeria was able to dodge IPOB ICBM using divine Patriot Missiles. Peter Obi was the arrowhead of the Biafra project after all!
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 09, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Mind your business,Mr oil soup.
Is it too difficult for you?

Tell me without applying abuse as it's your wont: do you expect other Nigerians to vote for Eboe candidates in future elections after all these abuse and name-calling?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by benobyeze(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2023
A thief is always a thief.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by kokomilala(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2023
@lexy2014, very good question! I mean these are leaders, states men, technocrats and leaders of thought. They could bring their lived and shared experience to bear on Nigeria's body politik.

The government can look into the texts of this gathering, take what can benefit us politically, diplomatically and economically, aggregate it and domesticate it for our own needs. In short, democratizing and localizing these ideas. Then, discard what's not needed. So, Nigeria can benefit a lot from such a gathering. One should not pass up such an opportunity.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Enemyofpeace: 9:06pm On May 09, 2023
It won't stop them from looting the treasury

I was with my girlfriend phone & I saw a message from GTBank sent to her...
"Shave b4 coming"🙆

Can a bank send customers such message?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by lexy2014: 9:12pm On May 09, 2023
kokomilala:
@lexy2014, very good question! I mean these are leaders, states men, technocrats and leaders of thought. They could bring their lived and shared experience to bear on Nigeria's body politik.

The government can look into the texts of this gathering, take what can benefit us politically, diplomatically and economically, aggregate it and domesticate it for our own needs. In short, democratizing and localizing these ideas. Then, discard what's not needed. So, Nigeria can benefit a lot from such a gathering. One should not pass up such an opportunity.

How will "They bring their lived and shared experience to bear on Nigeria's body politik"?

Does the government need to look into the texts of this gathering before it will know what can benefit us politically, diplomatically and economically?

So you saying that up till now govt has no idea about what benefits nigeria politically, diplomatically and economically that it now has to wait for these do called technocrats?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Antimandatethie(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2023
obembet:

Every tribes in Nigeria are guilty of this.. some Region as never allow other tribe to hold chairmanship not to talk commissioner while some are still trying...

Thats it... Until we all agree that we all are guilty... Until then our dear country will be renewed automatically.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by OmoGomesIlorin: 9:14pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

To be honest it is an insult to invite Tony Blair to such an event, to what benefit? to teach the governor hot to govern or how to borrow more loans? This ought to be internal affairs.

Anyway since Okonjo has become the DG of WTO what has Nigeria gain?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by JonCina(m): 9:20pm On May 09, 2023
“The same Induction program will also deal with how to seamlessly ease the outgoing governors to a life after office."

How do you do this when they have jumbo severance packages and "retirement havens" to fall back to?

I actually liked all of the plans on the induction until thus one came up!

Many of them are rogues that should be hanged after office!
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by kokomilala(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2023
@lexy2014, see, I'm not ready for, and won't be drawn into unnecessary argument. I've just said they are original thinkers. Even governments are open-minded. They nee learning, absorbing new ideas for growth.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by lexy2014: 9:42pm On May 09, 2023
kokomilala:
@lexy2014, see, I'm not ready for, and won't be drawn into unnecessary argument. I've just said they are original thinkers. Even governments are open-minded. They nee learning, absorbing new ideas for growth.

Can you show me the argument you are referring to? You made claims and my questions are based in your claims. Can't you clarify your claims?

How are they "original thinkers"? What makes them "original thinkers"? What did they think that makes them "original thinkers "? Who are "unoriginal thinkers"?

How will "They bring their lived and shared experience to bear on Nigeria's body politik"?

Does the government need to look into the texts of this gathering before it will know what can benefit us politically, diplomatically and economically?

So you saying that up till now govt has no idea about what benefits nigeria politically, diplomatically and economically that it now has to wait for these do called technocrats?
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by kingyakos: 9:47pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

The only black president in Africa is Paul Kagame.
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Teeroyzimma: 10:08pm On May 09, 2023
lordprogress:
In a sane world people like Tony blair should be in jail.
Tony Blair of that year 2005
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Gaabasky: 10:14pm On May 09, 2023
Tony Blair is a disgrace to any good in Africa continent. The guy should be stone like Bush jnr
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by omojeesu(m): 10:23pm On May 09, 2023
Colonial mentality of puppets called leaders
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by EteBabaagba222(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

They will not invite them to please their master. Those pple you mentioned want Africa Great Continent
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by FireUpNow(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2023
I was expecting to see our darling babablublu and PMB on the list
Re: Tony Blair, Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Induction Of New, Returning Governors by Cmanforall: 11:19pm On May 09, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo / Mahmood Yakubu Presents Certificates Of Registration To 5 New Political Parties / EXTRA: More Than One Million Dead Persons Will Vote In This Election~ Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.