Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Is Pep Guardiola A Manager Or A Leader? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Pep Guardiola A Manager Or A Leader? (252 Views)

Sold To A Gang Leader - Season 2 (Episode 1) / The Rise And Fall Of A Corrupt Leader / The Leader And The Led By Niyi Osundare - Analysis Of The Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Pep Guardiola A Manager Or A Leader? by generalpelu(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2023
“Managers follow structures, leaders create them.”
John C. Maxwell

In 2008, Pep Guardiola accepted the job to replace Frank Rijkaard as coach of the Football Club Barcelona in Spain. The club had been without trophies for two seasons consecutively prior to the coming of Guardiola. He adopted the same style of play that was used while he was a player at the club – an attacking philosophy based on passing and it turned out to be greatly successful. In his first season, Pep Guardiola won the Copa Del Rey, Laliga and UEFA Champions League. He also went on to win the Spanish Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup and the Clubs World Cup. Making it six trophies won in 2009 under Guardiola, something that has no precedence in the history of European football. Pep went on to win fourteen titles out of a possible nineteen during the four seasons he spent as coach at Camp Nou.

Even after Pep left in 2012, Barcelona continued in their success under Tito Villanova, winning the Laliga league title; and Luis Enrique who won the Copa Del Rey, Laliga, and UEFA Champions League, a treble in 2015.

Pep already laid the structure. For the first few years of his departure from Barcelona, even a nonentity could lead Barcelona to win titles. The structure was already on ground. Very little work would amount to success.

Excerpt from one of the e-books I ghostwrote on leadership.

Would you not love that I write for you? My contact is in the signature. Winks.

(1) (Reply)

Writers: Before You Publish Your E-book Kindly Read This! / Her Shield - #1 / Must I Be A Virgin (Episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.