Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K (1275 Views)

How Scammers Defrauded Me Of ₦‎4,510,500 - Tolulope Ezekiel / The Faces That Defrauded Me / Donald Latella: How Umar Bida Defrauded Me & I Lost $16 Million In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by abah52: 6:17am On May 10, 2023
On 4/4/2023 i received five sms messages with OTP for N1000 MasterCard pending Debits. I was immediately alarmed and checked my account balance only to discover that an amount of N161,000 had left my account. Within 30 minutes i entered a FBN Branch at Idimu Lagos to Lodge a complaint. I was told that there was a MasterCard fraud attempt on my account, but the amount of N161,000 was placed on LIEN which will expire in 30 days and my money may reverse back to my account.

Same day i went to another FBN branch at Ikotun to fill a form disclaiming this transaction. I also sent a direct message to FBN Twitter handle to complain on same issue.

On 8/5/2023 i realised that the LIEN had been removed since i could now see the amount of N161,000 reflected in my account balance. But to my utmost dismay, within an hour my account balance have been debited with a total of N151,000 (
100,000, 50,000, 1000) , credited to Sporty Bet Ikeja.

At the bank i was told that First Bank actually released my money to the Fraud stars at Sporty Bet-Ikeja on expiration of the LIEN, despite all my efforts to stop this fraud on my account.

I have lodged an official complaint with CBN consumer protection department with no response from them yet.

Please can anyone help me to recover my money from First bank?
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by adecz: 6:18am On May 10, 2023
shocked
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by darling2424(f): 6:20am On May 10, 2023
Sorry
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 6:30am On May 10, 2023
NO RESPONSE FROM CBN!?

Nothing is this God forsaken shît hole BUHARÌ the mad cow has created.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Didijiji: 7:00am On May 10, 2023
You clicked on a sportybet 30k promo stuff

3 Likes

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Caramia2020(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2023
It's well, despite the follow up the bank still went ahead to release the money.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Tallesty1(m): 7:08am On May 10, 2023
abah52:
On 4/4/2023 i received five sms messages with OTP for N1000 MasterCard pending Debits. I was immediately alarmed and checked my account balance only to discover that an amount of N161,000 had left my account. Within 30 minutes i entered a FBN Branch at Idimu Lagos to Lodge a complaint. I was told that there was a MasterCard fraud attempt on my account, but the amount of N161,000 was placed on LIEN which will expire in 30 days and my money may reverse back to my account.

Same day i went to another FBN branch at Ikotun to fill a form disclaiming this transaction. I also sent a direct message to FBN Twitter handle to complain on same issue.

On 8/5/2023 i realised that the LIEN had been removed since i could now see the amount of N161,000 reflected in my account balance. But to my utmost dismay, within an hour my account balance have been debited with a total of N151,000 (

At the bank i was told that First Bank actually released my money to the Fraud stars at Sporty Bet-Ikeja on expiration of the LIEN, despite all my efforts to stop this fraud on my account.

I have lodged an official complaint with CBN consumer protection department with no response from them yet.

Been there once and GTB legit informed me that they are unable to prevent the funds from leaving my account. Instead, they advised me to wait until the funds have been debited and then fill out a form.

Mumu People.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by malcom1X: 7:19am On May 10, 2023
Op tell us the truth, how did the person get your sportybet password?

Did you give your sportybet password to someone to help you play games for you and win?

Most fraudsters will tell you to load your account that they'll play games for you.

Sportybet automatically registers your ATM unless you delete it yourself.

So once the person gets the password. He can then load money on your sportybet account and then withdraw it to his bank account.

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Tonytonex(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2023
Didijiji:
You clicked on a sportybet 30k promo stuff
probably he clicks on a link.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Tonytonex(m): 7:53am On May 10, 2023
That's the consequences of clicking on links.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by abah52: 7:55am On May 10, 2023
I don't do bets at all, so I don't have any account with any betting company.
malcom1X:
Op tell us the truth, how did the person get your sportybet password?

Did you give your sportybet password to someone to help you play games for you and win?

Most fraudsters will tell you to load your account that they'll play games for you.

Sportybet automatically registers your ATM unless you delete it yourself.

So once the person gets the password. He can then load money on your sportybet account and then withdraw it to his bank account.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by superCleanworks(m): 7:59am On May 10, 2023
abah52:

this is crazy

1 Like

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by superCleanworks(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2023
Tallesty1:
Been there once and GTB legit informed me that they are unable to prevent the funds from leaving my account. Instead, they advised me to wait until the funds have been debited and then fill out a form.

Mumu People.
please how did this end?
was the money reversed?
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by LeeMason(m): 8:13am On May 10, 2023
Opt for the transfer option for topping up your betting accounts. Do not save your card details on any sports betting website.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by DelTel(m): 8:14am On May 10, 2023
abah52:

Sad tale..... The banks are understaffed and lackadaisical about tracking fraud for some reasons i.e their staffers are involved is the most germane one etc.

The regulator CBN has left its role and can't help anymore. Only FIJ newspaper can help you as it is.

Contacting FIJ newspaper is your only way out now. Good luck.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Simeony007(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2023
Put more money like 1,000,000 I want to check something.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by fergieboy: 9:51am On May 10, 2023
Immediately I saw that first bank have released the 161k in my account
Would have transferred the money out immediately
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by abah52: 10:02am On May 10, 2023
fergieboy:
Immediately I saw that first bank have released the 161k in my account
Would have transferred the money out immediately
My brother, I had already cancelled my card so I couldn't transfer the money out, because I needed the 5 digit ATM pin for that. Hence I had to run to the bank for over the counter transfer, only to find out they already removed the money. Thanks for your concern and way.
Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by abah52: 10:04am On May 10, 2023
DelTel:

Sad tale..... The banks are understaffed and lackadaisical about tracking fraud for some reasons i.e their staffers are involved is the most germane one etc.

The regulator CBN has left its role and can't help anymore. Only FIJ newspaper can help you as it is.

Thanks for the info. God bless you

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by abah52: 10:06am On May 10, 2023
Thanks for the info
DelTel:

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by allen113: 11:40am On May 10, 2023
I hate boys way they run local with passion

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Average9jaman: 12:22pm On May 10, 2023
Oh boy
Dis frequent issue of money getting 'magically' transfered from peoples account is becoming scary shocked

And there seems to be nothing the authorities can do to arrest these people, even when they have details of names and account numbers.
How can you give bank your money and it gets stolen from them and nobody is made to pay or goes to prison

I often wonder whats the best way to keep your hard earned funds secure these 'days of scam' and give yourself peace of mind

Maybe kuda, opay and others like them are even safer than our nigerian banks

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank & Sporty Bet Defrauded Me Of N161K by Tallesty1(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2023
superCleanworks:

please how did this end?
was the money reversed?
Yes. It was reversed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Just Loaded 6k Naira This Is What I Got / Suicide: 27-yr-old Man Kills Self In Enugu - Results Of 419 / Murder In Igara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.