Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Laptop With Longest Battery Life - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop With Longest Battery Life (14162 Views)

Which Laptop Has The Best Battery Life? / Laptop With The Longest Battery Life? / Laptop With Longest Battery Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop With Longest Battery Life by olsmade(m): 6:20am On Sep 26, 2011
I need a laptop (available in the Nigerian market) whose battery can last a considerable length of time not just when new (I'm looking at 6 - 8 hrs) as power supply is getting in d way of my studies. Can be mini (netbook) or regular (notebook). Pls give suggestions.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by marleygab(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2011
THe solar powered samsung net book is what you need. when fully charged can last upto 15hrs. contact 08035509811. click this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-766265.0.html for more
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by olsmade(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2011
marleygab:

THe solar powered samsung net book is what you need. when fully charged can last upto 15hrs. contact 08035509811. click this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-766265.0.html for more
Thanks a lot for d info. Av had d samsung solar netbook for about a week, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Does exactly what it says on d ad. Never av to worry bout power outage anymore.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by marleygab(m): 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2011
i really hoped you would have gotten it from me cry. well am glad to be of some assistance.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by jeak123(m): 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ Maelwgab, hw much does d solar powered samsung laptop cost.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by marleygab(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
the solar powered samsung netbook costs 64k
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by lalaboi(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2011
apple mac last 6 to 8 hrs
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by ugotuf(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2011
lalaboi:

apple mac last 6 to 8 hrs
apple mac ?could that be?
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by lalaboi(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
ugotuf:

apple mac ?could that be?

My Macbook pro lasts 7hours once fully charged. . but it decreases as the ba3 runs down like after year (4 to 5hrs). . .i'm sure you've heard about half-life. .
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by terrydavy: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2011
Laptop or netbooks always carry a light weight lower capacity battery to advertise it as a thin and travel machine. Most netbooks even carry a 3-cell battery like the Asus series and Dell minis by default. The higher capacity battery optional but also expensive.My advice is:
Toshiba NB series
Asus U series
Samsung netbooks
Lenovo X220
Dell Mini
Lenovo claims the ThinkPad X220 get up to 23 hours battery life with a bottom battery.
Source:
lenovo.com
94wh lenovo x220 battery
http://www.battery4us.com/notebook-batteries/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X220-battery.htm
Keep remember asking the optional battery when you ordering the new laptop.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by cecegorz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2011
Well, I don't care what they write on the advert pages.
Practically, my HP Probook gives me 6hrs minimum on Battery life.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by stolenstone: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
acer aspire (timeline) 8hrs battery life. Ultra slim. The lappie make sense. I confirm am!
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by sulakishop(m): 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
acer timeline series, lasted for up to 8hrs
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by FEMARY1: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
go for acer time line

Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Emmyk(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
Compaq Mini 110 with Hp service tag
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Baawaa(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2011
New Sony will do the job!!
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by 1556: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
go for acer time line thats what i use it has an 8hr + live for the battery mine runs for 18hrs and more if u are not using the dvd drive
i bought it becos of light problem an it has served me well believe me cheesy
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by topsywest(m): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
olsmade:

I need a laptop (available in the Nigerian market) whose battery can last a considerable length of time not just when new (I'm looking at 6 - 8 hrs) as power supply is getting in d way of my studies. Can be mini (netbook) or regular (notebook). Pls give suggestions.

@op, you also need to tell us your budget so that we can know how to advise you.

Feel me?
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by deadie(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2011
If you got the money, get a macbook. Believe me, it is better than a girlfriend cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
marleygab:

the solar powered samsung netbook costs 64k
i'd like to get one buh i'm no where near lagos sha
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by purplebelt(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2011
topsywest:

@op, you also need to tell us your budget so that we can know how to advise you.

Feel me?

wat ure looking for is, Samsung NC215-A01, u'll get 15hrs on a full charge, plus its solar powered, so even when u dont have power from the mains, u can still get it running, if u  want this baby,  can hook u up

deadie:

If you got the money, get a macbook. Believe me, it is better than a girlfriend cheesy cheesy cheesy

he's talking about battery life, he doesnt need a system he can make love to, grin

BCuZiMBlaCk:

i'd like to get one buh i'm no where near lagos sha

u dont have to be in lagos to buy sturvs dis days, delivery can be arranged almost anywhere, depends on where u are though
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2011
still available for sale
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by muyoto: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2011
The manufaturers claim Acer timeline will give up to 8hrs battery life.

Experence has shown, however, that the actual figure will be a lot lower than that. Moreover I think its a little too expensive
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by muyoto: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
using the DVD player, for instance, will surely drain the battery life than 50%, irrespective of what the manufacturers claim.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Tushed: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2011
muyoto:

using the DVD player, for instance, will surely drain the battery life than 50%, irrespective of what the manufacturers claim.

It all depends on how much power you're draining from the battery
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
there is NO SUCH THING AS LONGEST BATTERY LIFE.

the only way you can extend your laptop battery life is

1) buy the largest battery option available for the laptop of your choice
2)run the laptop in lower power mode settings when on battery - depending this typically mean aero eta will be disabled, and your cpu will be throttled to 60% or less - which comes with its own issues

the much touted samsung simply has a solar panel which is supposed to provide an hour of battery life if charged for two hours. (if you're in a location where there is no nepa/power/gen). for me, a 'green' fad. impractical, because i spend far more than an hour on the net daily, and the 1 hour is slmost certainly generous/ambitious advertising.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by lipseal: 3:35am On Nov 29, 2011
hi all, does anyone know where one can get a 12 cell hp pavillion dv6 battery in lagos? if you do pls lemme know, would b much appreciated. btw d guys @ village keep talkin about having to order it online from uptown and shipped over. i would prefer if it was locally available. pls send me ur quote if theres any seller in the hse. thnx grin
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by DamiKhojie(m): 5:04am On Nov 29, 2011
Got a macbook pro 15 inch for college in 2009 when I push it (lights all the way on using media volume up bunch of apps running) I usually get 2-3 hrs when I'm just browsing the internet or listening to music typing up an assignment etc. I get 5-7 hours. Keep in mind this is after 2 yrs the first year or so I had it I was getting 4-8 hours depending on the tasks and other than the flimsy charger I've had no problems with it.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Godmother(f): 5:59am On Nov 29, 2011
Hmm,
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by tEsLim(m): 6:31am On Nov 29, 2011
Macbook Pro (Last long , and the charger dont get burnt easily , May to October in naija nepa blew it twice it smoked and still continued working, i think the battery life depreciated because my notebook is always plugged and i dont switch it off. For one year now I' not sure I've ever switched off my Macbook). I dont use internet on mobile phones that much so I'm just a computer person. Like to click, use mouse and type fast, than using small gadgets. yeah I have an Iphone 4 with a battery that sucks so I wouldn't surf with it than just receive calls and sms
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by Seun(m): 7:04am On Nov 29, 2011
Macbook Pro and Acer Timeline.
Re: Laptop With Longest Battery Life by greedie1(f): 7:35am On Nov 29, 2011
how much is dis acer timeline?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD Very Neat UK Used Acer Aspire 5332 Is For Sale SOLD / [tut] 2014 Free Browsing Cheat On Airtel (PC And Android).. / Sites Like Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.