Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

“no Victor No Vanquish”: Adeleke Extends Olive Branch To Oyetola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “no Victor No Vanquish”: Adeleke Extends Olive Branch To Oyetola (231 Views)

Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace / Obaseki Extends Olive Branch To Oshiomhole, Ize-iyamu; Says Fight Is Over / Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“no Victor No Vanquish”: Adeleke Extends Olive Branch To Oyetola by Veegil: 12:25pm On May 10, 2023
Following the verdict by the Supreme Court on Tuesday affirming his election as the Governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke has urged his opponents including his major contender, Mr Adegboyega Oyetola to join hands with him in moving the South-West state forward.

Adeleke, who spoke on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme, said there is no victor and no vanquished in the whole legal saga.

“With the litigations over, I call on all Osun State indigenes to join hands with me and move Osun State forward,” he said.
“There is no victor and no vanquished. My hands are open for ideas, anything they can do to move Osun State forward.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the apex court set aside the appeal by Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) challenging the election of Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Osun State Governor.
The apex court, in its judgment read by Justice Emmanuel Agim, also upheld the Appeal Court’s judgment which upheld the election of Adeleke as the state governor.
The apex court held that the appellant failed to adduce enough evidence to prove his allegation of over voting in the July 16, 2022 governorship poll.
The judgment was affirmed and adopted by the entire five members of the panel.
According to all the members of the panel, the appeal lacked merit.
Commenting on his legal victory, the governor said, “I thank the people of Osun State, they stood by me and are still standing by me. They trooped out on July 16 (2022) and voted me. I thank them because the love is organic.
“The Tribunal’s judgement was a miscarriage of justice. The Appeal Court improved it and now, today, the Supreme Court affirmed that I am the authentic winner.”
Adeleke thanked the Supreme Court justices and said President Muhammadu Buhari’s display of support for his administration after the apex court verdict despite party differences showed that he is the father and President of the entire nation.
He said his opponents might have underrated him because he is a “Dancing Senator” but he trounced them at the poll and at the courts up to the Supreme Court.
Adeleke also said he has showed the people of Osun good governance during his time in office, saying the state’s revenue has gone up, especially from mining, and other sectors.
The governor said he is not using the Adeleke’s family wealth to fund Osun State but he has been able to plug leakages and increase revenue of the government.

CREDIT: CHANNELSTV
Re: “no Victor No Vanquish”: Adeleke Extends Olive Branch To Oyetola by Depriest2020: 7:42pm On May 10, 2023
He is a good sports Man.
Re: “no Victor No Vanquish”: Adeleke Extends Olive Branch To Oyetola by TheFactMan: 7:45pm On May 10, 2023
The fact$$$$
1. On realizing that Buhari was not going to allow him rig the last presidential election and that the election permutations was not in his favor, Tinubu rushed to the Saudis, IOC and UAE to report Buhari.
2. He Tinubu showed the Saudis and IOC the doctored PO conversation with Oyedepo. He accused po of going to advance Christianity in Nigeria and should never be allowed.
3. He assured the Saudis and IOC of his commitment to advancing Islam in Nigeria starting with his mu mu ticket.
4. The Saudis and IOC summoned Buhari, instructed him to ensure that BAT wins the election at all costs.
5. Buhari that was not supporting BAT changed his mind. First he showed his supporters whom to vote for by publicly displaying his ballot paper.
6. He instructed Yakubu to return BAT at all cost.
7. He Buhari knows that BAT was not the best choice for Nigeria that’s why he has been going around asking for forgiveness. People may not know why.
TheFactMan is aware $$$

(1) (Reply)

Ipob's Only Sit At Home This Year Is On 30th May / Please Make Una Come See This Kind Thing Ooo! / FACTS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTIONAL LOGJAM LOADING IN NIGERIA ~ NDIDI UWECHUE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.