Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm (51251 Views)

The Decline Of Fossil Fuel: Wind & Solar Smashes Records / This Xiaomi Device Charges Your Smartphone & Keeps Your Hands Warm / Alligator Found In Family’s Swimming Pool In New York (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by madscientist88(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2023
Parachoko:
Wow! Thanks for the reply

I'm fascinated about the universe
you are welcome
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by JOemmy(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2023
madscientist88:
yep thats 4 billion% a meteorite you can see the crust fusion on it,you just mad your self some cool cash over there, meanwhile im here trying to sell mine, Nigeria has no market tho

Are these really meteorites or precious stones?
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by madscientist88(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2023
HITsquad:
make international contact bro... contact NASA or Roscomos online.
Nigeria is no place for things like this.
I once dug out a metal artefact while digging a well in a new land I acquired someone around Awka Anambra state. Immediately I saw it I had a feeling was an old artefact and valuable.
I tried contacting museums in Nigeria but they payed no attention. so I contacted a top British archaelogist through his public email address(name withheld for some reasons) I attached a picture of the artifact.
as I expected they contacted almost immediately... they sent representatives from Ghana here to my house. they told me the artifact was over 700 years old.
it was Made by early Igbo blacksmiths.
they dug the entire Area for further artefacts but unfortunately they couldn't find anything more.
well I got handsomely paid for the artefact, though I know I was somehow underpaid but I also knew if I had successfully contacted Nigerian authorities even shishi I for no see collect. no be Nigeria? mtcheew. so we kept it a total secret from Nigerian authorities.
so try and make international contact bro... I could help you find the necessary people to contact.
trust me ive been doing my best,its not so easy,they dont just reply emails, getting a direct mail to their hq remains the best way to date,ibe send messages to ministry of geosciences,no response i have made calls they don't pick, right now im too busy to go to Abuja for anything.im inspired by your story by the way.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by pikechukwu6(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2023
grin grin they were born before then.... Oyibo just dey play.
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by madscientist88(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2023
JOemmy:

Are these really meteorites or precious stones?
they are what i said they are.
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by showlove911(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2023
..And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

..He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

..These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1John 5:11-13
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by Salmoneus(m): 11:39am On May 11, 2023
madscientist88:
yep thats 4 billion% a meteorite you can see the crust fusion on it,you just mad your self some cool cash over there, meanwhile im here trying to sell mine, Nigeria has no market tho

How do you valuate such a rock? how does it add value to the buyer?
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by AmazingELixir: 11:41am On May 11, 2023
onadana:

No be only 4billion,just be giving numbers anyhow.Oloshi.

Have you ever heard of the term Carbon dating.... if not I advise you get enlightened.

1 Like

Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by riverbird: 11:46am On May 11, 2023
Skankamola:
Looks like black stone in mecca lipsrsealed

Yes they can establish Thier own mecca right there..... grin
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by madscientist88(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2023
Salmoneus:

How do you valuate such a rock? how does it add value to the buyer?
research purposes and advantage to use information for technical advancements,but the value is in the information which could be obtained from it and where it came from how old it is.which makes it valuable.

1 Like

Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by 43Ronin: 11:55am On May 11, 2023
If this happened in a Muslim home, they would have taken it as a call from Allah for Jihad against USA.
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by blueAgent(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2023
Bloomsbury:
The date of the rocks are gotten by using CARBON-14 DATING

It an estimate and could be inaccurate.
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by DonroxyII: 12:05pm On May 11, 2023
RepoMan007:
Hmmm... 4 billion years. Some things probably existed long before God reformed a formless earth.
Meteorite come to Rest .. Nigga been travel teytey for 4billion years nobe small journey ...

But Earth dey Shield us no be play ooo ... breaking through Earth Atmosphere go tear anything Apart .. Those Clouds Thick Wellwell !

God bless Mother Earth & More Strengths Baby !

But ISS & All those Space Stations-Sattelite no see the meteor dey enter our Atmosphere

Make dem Mount Vigilantes there ooo !
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by DAVIDMOE(m): 12:05pm On May 11, 2023
mtngloetiartel:
I will not tell you grin
I actually want to know because there's this stone in my village that people use to control the weather. I am thinking if it's also a meteorite?
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by Proffdada: 12:05pm On May 11, 2023
HappyPagan:

Existed before God.. probably.
ADHD
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by ruggedtimi(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2023
Draslo:

Be like say you missed all your science classes. The entire planet is carbon based
a quick Google search go help u. Carbon dating not use for meteriote
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by DonroxyII: 12:11pm On May 11, 2023
madscientist88:

edit: most space rocks are slightly magnetic in nature,must show crust fusion on the surface,tho most metalic meteorites like the small ones in these pictures have no crust fusion,but chondrite must show.
It seems everything is Magnetic no matter how small ... Even Human Possessed Magnetic Fields
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by Reference(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2023
Scientists say about 40 tons of meteorite lands on planet earth each day.
If people who live under metallic roofs are more attentive they can hear pinging and sometimes bangs from time to time.
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by DonroxyII: 12:13pm On May 11, 2023
Successlane:
4 Billion?

These figures, real or imaginary?

What's the benefit to the owner of the building?

Just asking sha.
Dem dey Trend na & Dem don Enter News Forever!
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by DonroxyII: 12:15pm On May 11, 2023
REALretep:
Hmmmh
Does it have economic value?
Lol, Economic Value is Human Creation ... everything On the Universe has Economic Value because if it's Valueless, It Won't Exist in the First Place !

Our Job is to Find their Economic Value and That's the Essence of Sciences and Technologies!
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by DonroxyII: 12:17pm On May 11, 2023
pweeryambre:

At least stars comes out every night and we see that it still exists.. but how do we know where this rock comes from.
Meteorite plenty for Space na same as Comets ...

Dem tell you say e don dey travel for more than 4billion Years ... Nigga Come Earth to Rest e no Easy now ...
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by stonesbridge: 12:24pm On May 11, 2023
A lot of things are not yet known to man...
4billion year old rock?

Wow!!!

God is great.

1 Like

Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by ukaface(f): 12:25pm On May 11, 2023
E don wan Dey start to occur

Soon… aliens
Then we all we turn to zombie

Make one zombie just chop BAT ny.ash
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2023
RepoMan007:
Hmmm... 4 billion years. Some things probably existed long before God reformed a formless earth.
Which god?
Vishnu,Amadioha,Ogun, Yahweh,Allah or Krishna?
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2023
Sonnobax15:
cool
Who exactly was the person that did that calculation? Oyinbo with their unnecessary exaggeration self cool
How old do you think space rocks are?
And do you think they are not capable of dating it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:28pm On May 11, 2023
pweeryambre:

At least stars comes out every night and we see that it still exists.. but how do we know where this rock comes from.
You are a very ignorant fellow..
Which is not an issue..
The issue is using your ignorance as a stance for a debate.. angry
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2023
Kingpele:
This is how science decieve itself
You would rather believe in a book with fairy tale stories,cooked up by ignorant, bronze age goatherders..
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2023
Godwin4444:
4billion years

Who tell una d age?
Of course you would rather believe the tales by Moonlight..
Written by ignorant,bronze age goatherders,cooked up by your fraudulent Pastors..
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by joeyswift(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2023
Superman has arrived. They should check for a baby pod in their farmland.
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2023
TheAdvocate:

Who counted the years?
Radiometric dating..
Much more reliable than the ignorant cr@p claimed by your Book of Fairy Tales AKA religious books..
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2023
Praktikals1000:

Asiwere ni e (mad man)
Because he called out your bullshyt religion?
Re: 4Billion-Year-Old ‘Rock’ Smashes Into Family’s Bedroom In New Jersey, Still Warm by donbenie(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2023
Draslo:

Be like say you missed all your science classes. The entire planet is carbon based
It is not of this Planet though.. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) / 'Dinosaur Of Turtle World': Monster-Sized Snapping Turtle Found In Florida (Pix) / Photos Of Pregnant Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.