Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,873 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Can You Register A Foreign Startup Name In Nigeria As Yours? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Register A Foreign Startup Name In Nigeria As Yours? (271 Views)

You Can Now Register A Company In The USA For Free / How To Register A Domain Name For Free / What Services Do You Render? Register A Free Listing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Register A Foreign Startup Name In Nigeria As Yours? by cyberkitty: 11:00am On May 11, 2023
I've just been thinking, firstly I want to acknowledge am not good in STARTUP LAW or law in general or all these things called copyright and Trademarks, IP etc

My question is; Can an entrepreneur in Nigeria go ahead and register his Nigeria company name with a well established Company name already registered in the USA?

for instance, although this is a gross example. Can someone in Nigeria go and register his Company name as TESLA Limited, when Tesla is owned by Elonmusk?

Can a software engineer go and register his company as Stripe when it's already a big brand in the USA.

Can you even register your NGN Business with a company name that the name is already in abroad that aren't that big brand yet but you noticed it's also registered in the USA or UK or CA?

What law permit this or doesn't permit this?

Any tips and suggestions from experts in the house would be appreciated 🙏

(1) (Reply)

I Will Design A Radio Website With Streaming Functionalities / Programmers Gather Here / I Need A Professional 2d Game Asset Maker / Creator With Years Of Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.