Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan "tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 1-10 Chap. 4 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan "tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 1-10 Chap. 4 (682 Views)

Linguistic Based Tafseer Of Surah Baqarah / Nairaland Ramadan Lecture (tafseer Louge ) / Tafseer( Louge In Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan "tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 1-10 Chap. 4 by AdamsDXB: 10:30am On Sep 26, 2011
From the benefits of Our Weekly Study of the Noble Quraan based on the book “Tafseer Ibn Katheer” Verses 1 - 10 of Surah Nisaa

عن عبد الله بن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال: إن في سورة النساء لخمس آيات ما يسرني أن لي بها الدنيا وما فيها {إن الله لا يظلم مثقال ذرة} الاَية, و {إن تجتنبوا كبائر ما تنهون عنه} الاَية, و {إن الله لا يغفر أن يشرك به ويغفر ما دون ذلك لمن يشاء} و{لو أنهم إذ ظلموا أنفسهم جاؤوك} الاَية, {ومن يعمل سوءاً أو يظلم نفسه ثم يستغفر الله يجد الله غفوراً رحيماً} ثم قال: هذا إسناد صحيح

Abdullah bin Masood may Allah be pleased with him said that in Surah Nisaa are five verses that brings pleasure to me in this World, and then he recited them. Authentic narration

Bismillaah Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem

Verily all praises are due to Allaah the Lord of the World. May His peace and blessings be upon Prophet Muhammad PBUH, his house hold, companions and those that follow their path until the Day of Judgment.

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatulLaah

Amma’ Baa’d

Shaikh’s Introductory note (May Allaah Preserve him):

By the favour of Allaah, we have transferred from our old mosque to this new mosque after spending 12 years -approximately- in our former mosque engaged with giving regular study lessons to the students of knowledge. We thank Allaah for making it easy for the rulers of the land to permit the people of knowledge to spread the authentic creed, for indeed this is a very great blessing from Him (May He be Glorified).

For the newcomers, we highlight that our classes of tafseer began 7years ago, when we began with suratul Fatiha. We completed the explanation of this great chapter (surah Fatiha) over the span of 7 years because of its esteemed importance and its concise coverage of the message of the entire Quran.
The Quran as mentioned by Ibn Qayim (May Allaah have mercy on him) contains 5 comprehensive teachings and this are:
· Knowledge of Allaah’s Oneness - Monotheism
· The evidences that establishes the principle of monotheism
· The rights and obligations of Monotheism, its adherents and entire Mankind
· Reward for accepting and fulfilling these rights
· The Punishment for rejecting the aforementioned.

The student of Knowledge should exercise patience in his pursuit of knowledge and not be concerned with the end of the matter. Perhaps it may strike the mind why we take so long to complete a surah or chapter and the mind may be occupied with the completion date. This attitude will definitely debar the student from benefitting from the study classes.

After completing surah Fatiha, we completed surah Baqarah (the Comw) and we recently completed surah Imran, and now we intend to start tonight the chapter of Women (surah Nisaa).

Its imperative to understand that every Chapter of the Quran has a center theme of discuss and teachings. The scholars have explained that surah Baqarah’s theme is The Explanation of the
Book” hence the reader of this chapter shall observe that it contains issues that revolve around the 5 teachings aforementioned. As for suratul Imran, they mentioned that the center theme is Monotheism, whilst for surah Nisaa, the center theme reflects on Rights and Obligations with a focus on the weak.
A brief scan into Surah Nisaa (chapter of the Women) will clarify and buttress this theme about rights. For example, the rights of the Prophet, rulers, scholars, women, orphans, inheritors amongst others are mentioned in the chapter. By understanding the theme of a chapter the student will better grasp the teachings of each Chapter by Allaah’s Grace.

Vs. 1
O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you.

Vs. 2.
And give unto orphans their property and do not exchange (your) bad things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by adding it) to your substance. Surely, this is a great sin.

Vs. 3.
And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.

Vs. 4
And give to the women (whom you marry) their Mahr (obligatory bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good heart, but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm (as Allah has made it lawful).

Vs. 5
And give not unto the foolish your property which Allah has made a means of support for you, but feed and clothe them therewith, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

Vs. 6
And try orphans (as regards their intelligence) until they reach the age of marriage; if then you find sound judgement in them, release their property to them, but consume it not wastefully, and hastily fearing that they should grow up, and whoever amongst guardians is rich, he should take no wages, but if he is poor, let him have for himself what is just and reasonable (according to his work). And when you release their property to them, take witness in their presence; and Allah is All-Sufficient in taking account.

Vs. 7
There is a share for men and a share for women from what is left by parents and those nearest related, whether, the property be small or large - a legal share.

Vs. 8
And when the relatives and the orphans and Al-Masakin (the poor) are present at the time of division, give them out of the property, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

Vs. 9
And let those (executors and guardians) have the same fear in their minds as they would have for their own, if they had left weak offspring behind. So let them fear Allah and speak right words.

Vs. 10
Verily, those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, they eat up only a fire into their bellies, and they will be burnt in the blazing Fire!

Lessons from Verses 1~2:

Allah states that the entire mankind should fear Him. We should understand that fear of Allaah (May He be glorified) can only be achieved by worshipping Him Alone as He mentioned in Surah Baqarah. To further emphasize this instruction, He connects it with His Lordship and creation of entire mankind from a soul - which nobody denies -, a sign of His absolute Power and Ability.
Allaah then mentions His sole right to be worshiped by reminding mankind how they use His revered Name to establish their rights.
The first right Allaah mentions after His, is the right of the womb (ties of Kinship) due to its greatness as established in numerous narrations. For example, Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Allaah created the universe, and when He had finished, kinship (al-rahm) stood up and said, “This is the standing up of one who seeks Your protection from being cut off.” Allaah said, “Yes, would it please you if I were to take care of those who take care of you and cut off those who cut you off?” It said, “Of course.” Allaah said, “Then your prayer in granted.”’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Recite, if you wish (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Would you then, if you were given the authority, do mischief in the land, and sever your ties of kinship? Such are they whom Allaah has cursed, so that He has made them deaf and blinded their sight.’ [Muhammad 47:22-23].” (Saheeh Muslim bi Sharh al-Nawawi, 16/112).
By reminding mankind about their source of origin, men are requested to sympathizes with the plight of others and particularly the weak ones (e.g women, children etc)
The next rights mentioned are that of the Orphans in general as they deserve to be treated with mercy because of their weakness and reliance on others. An orphan is defined as child without a legitimate father to carter for his needs. The orphans are mentioned after al-rahm (ties of the womb) because they share certain roots i.e mercy – which is rahmah in Arabic.

Lessons from Verses 3~5:

A man who fosters a female orphan may due to self interest intend to marry the orphan lady because of her wealth and in addition deny her due entitlements in terms of her dowry as paid to non orphan women.
Hence, this verse explains and protects the right of the female orphan in particular and serves as an introduction into the case of women, whom like the orphans are weak and may easily be treated with injustice.
A man is allowed to marry more than one wife as long as he can fulfill the obligation of fairness in time and spending. This is the apparent requirements established by the religion. He is allowed to what his heart can not control of preference; however this preference should not overwhelm the apparent requirements in totality. As for the female slaves of war, men can posses as much as Allaah wills.
The dowry is an obligation that must be fulfilled as an integrate part of the marriage contract. Some scholars like Ibn Taymiyyah (May Allaah have mercy on him) state that the dowry is a precondition for the marriage. Therefore, any marriage without stipulating the dowry is null and void.
It is allowed to accept a reduction on the dowry as long as the woman forsakes some of the entitlement out of her own freewill and desire.

Lessons from Verses 6~10:

After Allaah mentions that the orphans and women be given their financial rights, He (May He be glorified) makes a compelling exception for those who can not spend their wealth in a wise manner or do not understand the value and entails of transactions.
The guardian (of the woman/orphan) should compulsorily keep the wealth on their behalf, engage it in permissible business and spend on them from its profit and show kindness to them.
The guardian should occasionally put the orphan/woman to test with respect to their financial handling or business sense, until puberty is attained. He should not release their wealth to them until the following conditions are met:
Attainment of Puberty and
Concrete proof by the beneficiary that he can handle financial matters in a wise way.

These are the points I was made to remember, whatever is correct and good, then this is from ALLAAH‘s favor and whatever mistake occurs there in, then it is from me& Shaitan,

May ALLAAH forgive me for my errors and I ask Him to forgive you all also.

I beseech Him to accept these compilations from me purely for His sake and grant us steadfastness in our religious affairs.
It was narrated by Ahmad with the words: “When people accumulate gold and silver, you should accumulate the words ‘Allaahumma inni as’aluka al-thabaat fi’l-amri…’”
عن شَدَّاد بْن أَوْسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قال : كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يُعَلِّمُنَا أَنْ نَقُولَ : ( اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الثَّبَاتَ فِي الْأَمْرِ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ عَزِيمَةَ الرُّشْدِ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ شُكْرَ نِعْمَتِكَ ، وَحُسْنَ عِبَادَتِكَ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ لِسَانًا صَادِقًا ، وَقَلْبًا سَلِيمًا ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا تَعْلَمُ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا تَعْلَمُ ، وَأَسْتَغْفِرُكَ مِمَّا تَعْلَمُ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ ) والحديث صححه الألباني في السلسة الصحيحة رقم 3228 وحسنه شعيب الأرنؤوط في تحقيق المسند .
(O Allaah, I ask you for steadfastness in this matter, and I ask You for the resolve to adhere to the path of guidance, and I ask You for gratitude for Your blessings and to worship You well, and I ask You for a truthful tongue and a sound heart, and I seek refuge with You from the evil of what You know, and I ask You for the good of what You know, and I ask You for forgiveness for what You know; You are the knower of the Unseen).”
This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah no. 3228, and classed as hasan by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

AbuNuh

Corporate Partner
ZaadMaad "Attaining Lofty Heights"

(1) (Reply)

Why The Dislike Against Unbelievers? / Some Valuable Advice To Those Using The Internet And How Should The Woman Behave / Prophecies By The Holy Phrophet(s.a.w)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.