Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB (1910 Views)

Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ / Insecurity: We Didn’t Apologise For Inviting Buhari - Reps / Wife Tears South-East Governor Shirt In Public For Inviting Mistress - TheYesng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

If I say I will rob a Bank, should I be arrested and charged for Bank robbery even though Im yet to rob a bank?

Should I be arrested for a crime I say I will commit, but Im yet to commit?

Is it really fair to arrest a person for a crime they are yet to commit?

That is tantamount to arresting a person just for 'talking'

You arrest a person for what they do, not what they say they will do

If everyone who makes a threat were to be arrested, we would all be in jail

It is not a crime if you say you will rob a bank as you have not actually robbed! If you threaten to invite Boko Haram to Lagos, its a big deal. If i go to a public place in US and screamed " I WILL INVITE AL QUEDA TO NEW YORK" , i would be arrested and charged immediately. Terrorism allegations are taken more seriously. That is the world we live in and ignorance they say, is not an excuse.

Part of being an adult is to be discrete and wise with our actions and utterances.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by gidgiddy: 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyview01:

It is not a crime if you say you will rob a bank as you have not actually robbed! If you threaten to invite Boko Haram to Lagos, its a big deal. If i go to a public place in US and screamed " I WILL INVITE AL QUEDA TO NEW YORK" , i would be arrested and charged immediately. Terrorism allegations are taken more seriously. That is the world we live in and ignorance they say, is not an excuse.

Part of being an adult is to be discrete and wise with our actions and utterances.

Terrorism must be an action, it is never mere words alone. This is why Nigeria is not a serious country, people have reduced a serious thing such as terrorism to mere talking

So the security forces can rush to arrest an old man for mere words he uttered in his living room, but are not rushing to arrest killer herdsmen and armed terrorists with guns killing people all over the place? Their own terrorism is mere words
Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Gajagojo: 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Terrorism must be an action, it is never mere words alone. This is why Nigeria is not a serious country, people have reduced a serious thing such as terrorism to mere talking

So the security forces can rush to arrest an old man for mere words he uttered in his living room, but are not rushing to arrest killer herdsmen and armed terrorists with guns killing people all over the place? Their own terrorism is mere words
There is nothing like mere words
He has been charged to court .
Read the charge sheet and stop yarning dust
The defendant was arraigned on nine-count charges bordering on an attempt to commit acts of terrorism, participate in terrorism, meet to support a proscribed entity, attempt to finance an act of terrorism, and preparation to commit an act of terrorism.

Everything has a context
If you get up in the middle of an aircraft and say you have a bomb and are going to blow everyone up even if you have no bomb it is a serious offence..
Two soldiers discussing a coup is not mere words,they can get the death penalty.

Heading those two soldiers talking and not reporting can get the death penalty.
That is why Abacha jailed Obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Gajagojo: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
Beremx:
Selective justice and Igbo people are the bait. I foresee the case being dropped by Tinubu anyway. Tinubu isn't as tribalistic as Buhari
It is not a federal case.

It is Lagos state government

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by gidgiddy: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

There is nothing like mere words
He has been charged to court .
Read the charge sheet and stop yarning dust
The defendant was arraigned on nine-count charges bordering on an attempt to commit acts of terrorism, participate in terrorism, meet to support a proscribed entity, attempt to finance an act of terrorism, and preparation to commit an act of terrorism.

Everything has a context
If you get up in the middle of an aircraft and say you have a bomb and are going to blow everyone up even if you have no bomb it is a serious offence..
Two soldiers discussing a coup is not mere words,they can get the death penalty.

Heading those two soldiers talking and not reporting can get the death penalty.
That is why Abacha jailed Obasanjo

Lets not get carried away. An old man said he will invite IPOB to protect his people at a time his people and their business were being attacked in Lagos. The very next day, he is arrested and all the charges brought against him were based on what he said in a video clip. The didnt even give him time to go to the East to invite IPOB. Therefore, he was charged for terrorism based on 'talk' alone.

Someone who goes on plane to say he has a bomb wont be charged for terrorism if he had no bomb. There us no such thing as an unarmed terrorist, Exe Ndigbo only talked

As for saying that two officers sat down to plan coup, these are two armed men, controlling armed Soldiers, that one is a different thing

We cannot equate mere words to terrorism, otherwise, the day I tell my children I will kill them for misbehaving, I could be charged for murder even before I touch them
Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Gajagojo: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Lets not get carried away. An old man said he will invite IPOB to protect his people at a time his people and their business were being attacked in Lagos. The very next day, he is arrested and all the charges brought against him were based on what he said in a video clip. The didnt even give him time to go to the East to invite IPOB. Therefore, he was charged for terrorism based on 'talk' alone.

Someone who goes on plane to say he has a bomb wont be charged for terrorism if he had no bomb. There us no such thing as an unarmed terrorist, Exe Ndigbo only talked

As for saying that two officers sat down to plan coup, these are two armed men, controlling armed Soldiers, that one is a different thing

We cannot equate mere words to terrorism, otherwise, the day I tell my children I will kill them for misbehaving, I could be charged for murder even before I touch them
He has been charged to court so he can defend himself
You are the one getting carried away
In our law there is conspiracy so with respect your suggestion that there is no such thing as an unarmed terrorist is silly in fact it is stupid.
No the officers are not armed to plan a coup. They don't have to be. Great Ogboru was a civilian if you are old enough to remember
Why was Osama bin Laden wanted in America. It was based on his recorded utterances and there are countless people in American prisons extradited and jailed for long terms because of their utterances.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Gajagojo: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Speaking is an action
There are offences like glorifying terrorism,inspiring preparing for terrorism.

Osama bin Laden was only talking

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by gidgiddy: 11:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

He has been charged to court so he can defend himself
You are the one getting carried away
In our law there is conspiracy so with respect your suggestion that there is no such thing as an unarmed terrorist is silly in fact it is stupid.
No the officers are not armed to plan a coup. They don't have to be. Great Ogboru was a civilian if you are old enough to remember
Why was Osama bin Laden wanted in America. It was based on his recorded utterances and there are countless people in American prisons extradited and jailed for long terms because of their utterances.

Yes he will have his day in court. But it is truly sad that in country where armed hoodlums are butharing people, nearly 70 people killed in the last week, the Nigerian security forces believe that invitation an old man said he will send, but never sent, mere talk, that one is the real terrorism
Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by gidgiddy: 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

Speaking is an action
There are offences like glorifying terrorism,inspiring preparing for terrorism.

Osama bin Laden was only talking

Talking is an action? If talking were an action, we would all be in jail
Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Gajagojo: 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Yes he will have his day in court. But it is truly sad that in country where armed hoodlums are butharing people, nearly 70 people killed in the last week, the Nigerian security forces believe that invitation an old man said he will send, but never sent, mere talk, that one is the real terrorism
Nothing sad about it
Nothing to do with security forces
His case is with Lagos state government
Lagos state works .
It has zero tolerance for such IPOB crap and is sending the right signal.
For the indigenes of Lagos It is the opposite of sad it is joyous to know the government is on top of things.
Maybe if the government was equally proactive where he comes from IPOB won't be making everyone sit at home.
It highlights a gross difference in world view between Yoruba and Ibo and a reminder to respect the values of the host. Don't talk anyhow in Lagos if that is what you do where you are from we won't tolerate it in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by Gajagojo: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Talking is an action? If talking were an action, we would all be in jail

Talking is an action as opposed to silence inaction.
I won't be in jail
I watch my speech
I don't talk like a fool
Abu Hamza is serving life without option of parole. In the US One of his crimes was calling for Jihad against US troops in Afghanistan. He was living in London and preaching hate sermons before his extradition
Nnamdi Kanu is locked up for running his mouth like a fool

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by T8ksy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
gidgiddy:

You mean the same Nigeria that was created since 1914 by the white man or another Nigeria?

Be ni o!!!

It's the same One Nigeria (created by the brits), when in 1945, the Northerners set on the igbos in Jos, killing many of them.

It's the same One Nigeria that an ibo lawyer in lagos bragged on daily papers that "igbos domination" of Nigeria is inevitable in 1947.

It's the same One Nigeria where zik- a tribal jingoist albeit, adorned in a fake garb of nationalism- claimed in 1949, his Igbo people will save Africa.

It's the same One Nigeria where in 1953, the Northerners again set on the Igbos, killing 46 and injuring scores more.

It's the same One Nigeria where in 1956, the western region attained self-rule, the igbos chose to deferred their in solidarity with Northerners who at the time where incapable of self govt.

It's the same One Nigeria where zik (and his people) threatened anyone who wants to include a secession clause in to our constitution, with treason.

Omo, the list is endless o!
You guys thought you are so smart and would eventually dominate the new nation and as such, missed all the Red flags that Nigeria is not for you ( or anyone else in that warped union save the fulanis), because of your greed & covetousness.

Now your "hunter" is being "hunted" all over the new nation, your slimy elders told you all, you will soon dominate.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB by gidgiddy: 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
T8ksy:

Be ni o!!!

It's the same One Nigeria (created by the brits), when in 1945, the Northerners set on the igbos in Jos, killing many of them.

It's the same One Nigeria that an ibo lawyer in lagos bragged on daily papers that "igbos domination" of Nigeria is inevitable in 1947.

It's the same One Nigeria where zik- a tribal jingoist albeit, adorned in a fake garb of nationalism- claimed in 1949, his Igbo people will save Africa.

It's the same One Nigeria where in 1953, the Northerners again set on the Igbos, killing 46 and injuring scores more.

It's the same One Nigeria where in 1956, the western region attained self-rule, the igbos chose to deferred their in solidarity with Northerners who at the time where incapable of self govt.

It's the same One Nigeria where zik (and his people) threatened anyone who wants to include a secession clause in to our constitution, with treason.

Omo, the list is endless o!
You guys thought you are so smart and would eventually dominate the new nation and as such, missed all the Red flags that Nigeria is not for you ( or anyone else in that warped union save the fulanis), because of your greed & covetousness.

Now your "hunter" is being "hunted" all over the new nation, your slimy elders told you all, you will soon dominate.

Well said, the one Nigeria of endless eternal disaster

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 2 Great Yoruba Men That Refused To Be Intimidated By IPOB Terrorists / Should Nigeria Aspire For Nuclear Energy Or Weapons (Or Both)? / The Pros And Cons Of Government Monetization Programme In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.