Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 (565 Views)

Please I Want Someone To Interpret This Code For Me After Scanning / What Should I Do With This Code. / Viecar VC 309 Scanner: Code Display and Interpretation !!! (10k, All Cars ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 by Fedrams: 8:42am On May 12, 2023
My Toyota matrix 05 threw up these code Po128 and PO116.

Re: I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 by Dozieson(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2023
There is no thermostat on the engine. It has been removed
Re: I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 by Fedrams: 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
Yes no thermostat. Is that the reason for po116

quote author=Dozieson post=123090202]There is no thermostat on the engine. It has been removed [/quote]
Re: I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 by Dozieson(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2023
Fedrams:
Yes no thermostat. Is that the reason for po116

quote author=Dozieson post=123090202]There is no thermostat on the engine. It has been removed

Is your car having any drivability issue?
Re: I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 by Joyoustimmy: 8:20am On May 14, 2023
The two codes actually signify that something is wrong with your cooling system. As for the P0128 code, you already confirmed that the thermostat has been removed; and this code relates to the thermostat. If you plug in an OBD II scanner that can do a live data analysis, you'll see that the temperature does not reach 75 degrees Celsius (167 degrees Fahrenheit). Also you'll see that your temperature guage barely gets to the middle. Also, I'm sure the fan has been bye passed and it's running directly. All these contributed to your car not reaching the optimum temperature it is designed to operate.

To solve this code, you'll need to install your thermostat back. However, before you do that, kindly perform a coolant pressure test and also, bench test the thermostat to be used. This is necessary so as to avoid overheating.

As for the P0116 code, it's related to your Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (ECTs) (what the rewires popularly call cold start). Most likely since this code is not accompanied with a P0115, P0117, P0118 code, then the probability is high that the ECTs is faulty. However, before you conclude, you can have your technician bench test your ECTs. The resistance values at varying temperature degree should be recorded and compared to a known good or acceptable data. If there is a deviation, change your ECTs. I'm finding it difficult to attach a picture that shows the graph of the resistance of ECTs versus temperature. I'll have helped you out with that data.

PS: Kindly note that this solution is based on the codes you shared, if peradventure other accompanying codes pop up, there might be a little tweak to how you'll troubleshoot it. I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: I Need Simple Interpretation To This CODE Po128 And Po116 by Angrygoat: 6:47pm On May 14, 2023
It means insufficient coolant. Maybe u bought all those paint and water abro dem wey be plastic of 1 liter and the rest 4 litres na pure water. Quick loose that radiator and sell the car fast. Na overheating dey load so

(1) (Reply)

Drive With Care This Season To Avoid/cause Such Untimely Death / I Need To Learn Driving, Any School Here?? Its Urgent / Does Anyone Know...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.