Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup (9789 Views)

Nigeria Vs Netherlands: FIFA U17 World Cup (1 - 3) On 6th November 2019 / Australia Vs Nigeria: FIFA U17 World Cup (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Hungary: FIFA U17 World Cup (4 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by mechanics(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2023
It's so sad the Eaglets failed to convert their chances into goals.
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by MadamExcellency: 1:58pm On May 12, 2023
BigBelleControl:

We can't rule out vested interests when it comes to squad selection but the coach still has veto on the team to prosecute a match. Moreover, the coach plays to the strength of his team.
I like Nduka Ugbade and I want him to coach the SE in future same as Emmanuel Amuneke. I just want both of them to be tactically flexible. Play direct football if the needs be.

Our Coachy's son who was adjudged the best midfielder at WAFU under 17 from Owerri that plays in Turkey was ruled out for having High 5 and other fantastic players among those that lifted WAFU 17 Cup with High 4 were dropped as well for the sake of vested interest when the Under 17 Worldcup standard for participation is High 6.
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by quickly: 2:00pm On May 12, 2023
BigBelleControl:
The boys gave their best but their undoing was wasting of too many chances and making silly errors.
In the match yesterday, one player's two silly errors led to the two goals they scored against us.
The defender was ball watching in front of his own goalpost until a Burkina Faso player tapped the ball in and the same player went ahead to cause a silly penalty.

Nduka Ugbade is a good youth coach with top notch tactics but he needs to work on his team converting chances to goals. Same with Emmanuel Amuneke.

He is a good motivator but he needs a more current tacitican.

Al he was shouting was shere shere, agbara wa.

He was saying dribble dribble and use ur power

i remember first match he was shouting in yoruba agbara wa omo eko ni e ma gba fun. which means u be lagos boy with power dont let him chance you off the ball.

Is that one tactics

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by Analyst7: 2:08pm On May 12, 2023
BigBelleControl:
The boys gave their best but their undoing was wasting of too many chances and making silly errors.
In the match yesterday, one player's two silly errors led to the two goals they scored against us.
The defender was ball watching in front of his own goalpost until a Burkina Faso player tapped the ball in and the same player went ahead to cause a silly penalty.

Nduka Ugbade is a good youth coach with top notch tactics but he needs to work on his team converting chances to goals. Same with Emmanuel Amuneke.

Their gameplay is immature, they only rely on speed instead of conserving energy and playing tactical football
They run faster than the ball, poor ball control

The main issue with this match is most of them not calming down to play a sensible game play instead just rush rush waste of energy football
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by LLSAINT(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2023
You are a good analyst.
You said it all.
How can you navigate the country but could not find a complete finisher?
Even his No. 9 was not a starter?
Haba na! Even if na who-know-who dem take select players aleast, chose your own No. 9

KingsleyA2:
Nduka Ugbade is not a good coach. He couldnt get a decent striker from all over nigeria after scouting Nigeria for more than one year and also he didnt learn from the mistakes of poor finshing at the group stage. shame!
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by LLSAINT(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2023
Bros, leave am make he dey talk wetin he no know.
I agree some boys can be lucky only when those that are influential have taken the spot.
He did not know the DSS Oga's son was once lobbied to play in U17 World cup few years back
Now, if he is good, he should be playing for the top leagues by now abi?
thundafire:
because he is lucky not to pay doesn't means others didn't. Next time when such event is about taking place go to their training center and see things for yourself
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by thundafire: 2:32pm On May 12, 2023
LLSAINT:
Bros, leave am make he dey talk wetin he no know.
I agree some boys can be lucky only when those that are influential have taken the spot.
He did not know the DSS Oga's son was once lobbied to play in U17 World cup few years back
Now, if he is good, he should be playing for the top leagues by now abi?
that one dey play ball for Instagram 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by quickly: 2:34pm On May 12, 2023
LLSAINT:
You are a good analyst.
You said it all.
How can you navigate the country but could not find a complete finisher?
Even his No. 9 was not a starter?
Haba na! Even if na who-know-who dem take select players aleast, chose your own No. 9

The problem of that team was final 3rd of the field play. they will shoot when they need to pass and pass when they need to shoot.

The match against south africa 1st half they were playing through the middle, the 2nd half they changed to wing play suprisingly and were able to score two quick goals.

This game against burkina faso i could not see any pattern of play .

If u watch the good coaches
They have 3 or 4 offensive and defensive patterns that can change at any point in the game.

The only sad thing is some of those boys their career will end that nite. the world cup would have given one or two of them contracts like Osimhen , awoniyi, Chukwueze etc

3 Likes

Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by R2bees2: 4:38pm On May 12, 2023
10 shots on target!! damn
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by LalastiklaIa(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2023
kiako:
Now this is improvement..... Let's start from getting the right age whether they win or not and develop from there. This is where we can really weight our progress level

Better to lose fielding the real under 17 than fielding 24 25 26 27 as u 17

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 12, 2023
🙄🙄i talk dis thing before
.., you sure say dem be U-17 players?
If you check wella, you go see over 30years pesin for there wey dey do say him be U-17..

Naija no just well generally.. Q.E.D.
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by Dozman88: 7:25pm On May 12, 2023
The moment these boys where rejoicing that Burkina Faso was there next opponent, with the word that 'they are a walk over team ' that's when they lost the game before playing on the pitch..sign of proudness and unseriousness..they underated the Burkina Faso team...
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by paschal9(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2023
The yeye coach go d use quota system d select players first time under 17 no trend for Owerri come here see players u know why Owerri is one of the best place to select under 17 players,truth be told since the started this quota system selection our under 17 no d go far again

It may sound tribalistic but truth be told from the time of Papilo, okoro, iheanacho to kelechi nwakali it has always been Owerri boys/Eastern boys delivering, my point is that every region get watin dem bless dem with at least carry 40% from people way the bring am home remember all may know ball but few the deliver.

Having said this I think this boys were selected base on strength only with zero ball sense, just look at how the messed with our biggest chance of selling our homebase players smh

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by vickydevoka(m): 11:12pm On May 12, 2023
Focusmind:
Kai, the loss pain me die - I was rooting for these boys. They all look like my 16 year old nephews.

I am happy we are getting the right age for this under 17 category

If you want real under 17, go to secondary schools or academical. Not those playing in professional league. Anybody in professional league is not qualify to play for under 17
Bf are younger Buh more determined than 9ja
Re: Burkina Faso Beat Nigeria 2-1. Golden Eaglets Fail To Qualify For U17 World Cup by Mrtaye: 3:39pm On May 16, 2023
BigBelleControl:

I mean Amuneke to loves to play possessive football without much emphasis on goal scoring.
How then was osimhen discovered

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Juventus Still Determined To Sign Pogba This Transfer Window / Bet9ja Correct Score Betting Tips And Strategies For Winning Daily / 60 Athletes Jostle For $80,000 Prize Money In First Abuja International Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.