Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria (16905 Views)

CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) / Naira To Trade At 386/$ As CBN Resumes Forex Sale To BDCs / IT’S OFFICIAL: Naira To Now Trade At N380/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by package7(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2023
Their days are number it just a matter of time.see the discongested soon.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by money121(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2023
Ok
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by richmond500: 12:11pm On May 12, 2023
xpressionx:
Dangote is a major part of the problem we have in nigeria.
How many businesses has been killed in nigeria because of Dangote?
Our refineries cannot work despite billions of dollars spent in turn around maintenance and Modular cannot work either,but dangote can start from scratch and build refinery and it will work
was Dangote the reason why Nigeria can't get their refinery working?
Dangote entered the oil business few years ago.
Ona wan blame the man for everything

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by showlove911(m): 12:12pm On May 12, 2023
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Luke 21:34-36 (KJV)

Say.... LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You were raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Konjiboii: 12:12pm On May 12, 2023
IpobAntidote:
Tinubu is coming.
Just chill.

I rebuke you spawn of satan.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by richmond500: 12:15pm On May 12, 2023
Sagtop:
In as much as i see Dangote Refinery as welcome development, I pray what is happening in the cement industry shouldnt happen to Oil and gas when he eventually take the lead.

We were promised cheaper and better cement when Dangote launched his Obajana and other Factories, Cement was 800 Naira then, today, same cement is between 5k and 6k

We shouldn't raise any hope with dangote, hos ambition is to make more billions and be on top list of Forbes billionaire, not to impact or do charity oOo...

I pray the next president appoint a stronger and honest Petroleum Minister to checkmate Dangote from over-exploiting the Nigerian masses sha
Did you read what Dangote said? Cost of clearing goods in Nigeria is too high, he has to buy some of his goods outside and when he pays so much in bringing it to the country, ofcos his products will be high as well

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2023
Dave0116:
This is absurd, how come he's just noticing it?
He did not say he just noticed the problems. So what's your stress? Did you ever worked in one of his companies and never got paid?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
xpressionx:
Our refineries cannot work despite billions of dollars spent in turn around maintenance and Modular cannot work either,but dangote can start from scratch and build refinery and it will work
Name the businesses killed because of Dangote.
Typical case of the poor hating the rich.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 12:31pm On May 12, 2023
Dave0116:

He has held numerous talks and meeting with the FG about it. But the FG did absolutely nothing.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by fortunez1(m): 12:45pm On May 12, 2023
This is bad for the economy as it adds more burdens on the consumers who feel the brunts.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by IpobAntidote: 12:45pm On May 12, 2023
Konjiboii:

I rebuke you spawn of satan.

Your mumuness must be inherited.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by mmsen: 12:53pm On May 12, 2023
Dave0116:

Great question.

The man talks as if he just arrived in Nigeria last week.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by yom2(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2023
xpressionx:
Our refineries cannot work despite billions of dollars spent in turn around maintenance and Modular cannot work either,but dangote can start from scratch and build refinery and it will work.

ADDENDUM:quoting me should name one business Dangote doesn't have monopoly at that is flourishing.
1.Dangote noodles
2.Dangote spaghetti
etc

If you know the rate at which dangote gets dollars from CBN you go cry.
stop being a bigot. He has done more good than harm. If other privileged Nigerians especially those who stole billions from government had deployed their assets creatively the way he did. Nigeria would have been far better than it is today. He envisioned where many could not, he dared and ventured where many could not.. Rather than stash money in foreign banks and properties he built a production complex employing hundreds of thousands

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by dododawa1: 12:58pm On May 12, 2023
One of NIGERIA problem is DANGOTE,if you know,you know.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by yom2(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
See ehn, an average Nigerian is out to exploit the weak.

People wen dey complain about Politicians, just give dem small opportunity and see their Greed.

Everyone is out to make extra at the expense of others, not minding the damages caused.

Mr. Ike Ekweremadu wanted to Harvest poor man's Kidney for 4.5M, Doc. Took 4.5M but gave young David 270K (Less than 10%) but David change it for dem and sent Mr. Ike and Doc to Prison.

Each of dem exploit the situation wen they had the opportunity and such is out mindset as a Nation.

no mind them. U have just nailed it
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by xpressionx(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
yom2:
stop being a bigot. He has done more good than harm. If other privileged Nigerians especially those who stole billions from government had deployed their assets creatively the way he did. Nigeria would have been far better than it is today. He envisioned where many could not, he dared and ventured where many could not.. Rather than stash money in foreign banks and properties he built a production complex employing hundreds of thousands

Dangotes's government given monopoly has done more harm than good.
Example is what he did to cement.

If government had allowed a level playing field, cent shouldn't be selling more than 2500 today despite inflation
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Saidfx(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2023
Lekki deep sea port is for dangote refinery. Fear capitalist! We move!
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by yom2(m): 1:05pm On May 12, 2023
PureFace1:

Always attacking Dangote with bitterness

There is no country in the world without a man like Dangote, they spear headed the industrial development of a country and create jobs.

They can manage things better than the government even in USA and other developed countries it is men like them that spear headed development.

no mind that bigot up there.. We always fail to recognise our own Rockefeller and Jeff bezos

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by yom2(m): 1:15pm On May 12, 2023
richmond500:
was Dangote the reason why Nigeria can't get their refinery working?
Dangote entered the oil business few years ago.
Ona wan blame the man for everything
its a case of a failure blaming a success for his failure. The man was favoured, the man was helped, blah, blah, blah! Now u begin to wonder if na only him get 3heads out of 120million to have gathered such patronage. They forget to admit that : when u are good you are actually good and gifted
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 1:18pm On May 12, 2023
Dave0116:
He is afraid of Buhari.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:26pm On May 12, 2023
Draslo:
Any institution that begins with Federal bla bla bla na the same not just ports
They just function like a pair of badly aligned speakers.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by yom2(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2023
xpressionx:

If government had allowed a level playing field, cent shouldn't be selling more than 2500 today despite inflation
haahh! U are so quick to cite cement as if that is the only thing expensive in Nigeria today. Give me other sector where he was not involved that prices has remained stable and reasonable.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by fxexperts: 1:36pm On May 12, 2023
Dave0116:
Thank God he noticed at least, what about you and your papa, what have you noticed all this while.

xpressionx:
Our refineries cannot work despite billions of dollars spent in turn around maintenance and Modular cannot work either,but dangote can start from scratch and build refinery and it will work.

ADDENDUM:quoting me should name one business Dangote doesn't have monopoly at that is flourishing.
1.Dangote noodles
2.Dangote spaghetti
etc

If you know the rate at which dangote gets dollars from CBN you go cry.
Blame that failure on your dead government.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by nathyx(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2023
So maybe the FG can also open a seaport at Benue to enhance swift and non-interfered passage of commodity from (south) to (North) which will reduce drastically pressure on roads viz -a- viz

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Staphylococcus: 1:49pm On May 12, 2023
Dave0116:

Did he tell you he just noticed? For someone who has been importing for decades, do you feel he probably just noticed?

He is only sharing the constraints of his business.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Staphylococcus: 1:51pm On May 12, 2023
xpressionx:

Please mention the monopoly that Dangote enjoys!

Y’all just be shouting monopoly without even know the meaning.

His company is a business force to reckon with, and bound to enjoy incentives. It happens everywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by hush15: 2:03pm On May 12, 2023
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Menclothing: 2:24pm On May 12, 2023
Sagtop:
In as much as i see Dangote Refinery as welcome development, I pray what is happening in the cement industry shouldnt happen to Oil and gas when he eventually take the lead.

We were promised cheaper and better cement when Dangote launched his Obajana and other Factories, Cement was 800 Naira then, today, same cement is between 5k and 6k

We shouldn't raise any hope with dangote, hos ambition is to make more billions and be on top list of Forbes billionaire, not to impact or do charity oOo...

I pray the next president appoint a stronger and honest Petroleum Minister to checkmate Dangote from over-exploiting the Nigerian masses sha

We have 4 cement company in Nigeria others are even expensive that dangote

Cost of production determines price

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Menclothing: 2:26pm On May 12, 2023
xpressionx:

How much is elephant cement
How much is bua

You people will just open mouth on public forums
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by kvin33: 2:50pm On May 12, 2023
Nation saturated with stewpid people. Igbo hate has destroyed their brains, they are incapable of reasoning. They don't know that cement is cheaper in Ghana than in Nigeria. Mind you limestone is locally sourced AT COST! Some people should not be in the same country with others, i swear. They were erecting the obstacles at the port to punish and rob the "importers", the "developers", las las na all go see am, e don touch am. Don't worry, e go touch everyone. Lunatics.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 3:34pm On May 12, 2023
The government workers can afford to work against the nongovernment exporters because their salaries are guaranteed by oil money and not how well they run their MDAs(Ministries, Departments, and Agencies). There is a vital disconnect between their performance and their salary inflow.

We need to restructure.
Re: Dangote Lists The Obstacles To Trade At The Ports In Nigeria by Otasikwe(m): 4:37pm On May 12, 2023
Small small we'll be better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fraud At Federal Morgage Bank Of Nigeria / I Was Never Invited By The EFCC - Innoson, Demands To Know Purpose Of Arrest / Naira Shrinks To N1,135/$ At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.