Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. (463 Views)

We Were Abandoned In Cyprus & Dropped Out Of School - Dancing Security Guards / Facts About Korna Anongo Terhemen Who Dropped Out Of UI Medical School / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by Elistho(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2023
My journey in pursuit of a Law degree began three years ago. Its materialization was obstructed many a time but the option of giving up was an illusion, this is a story of doggedness and perseverance.

In the year 2020, after UTME, my chances of getting into Law were slim due to my performance, my score was high but not high enough, and I was exempted from admission. Fresh tears.

In 2021, I pursued Law at the University of Uyo as a Diploma student. The school system was far below average, my school life was a tripartite arrangement, from class to home to church. No extracurricular activities, I didn't even know 10% of my coursemate's names, little fun, I never enjoyed school.

The examination came, prior to this time, I gradually lost interest in school and the program, I stopped attending classes, but there was still seriousness amid truancy. Results came, I aced it distinctly, fair, and square, and I cleared my major courses with all A's. Those in tertiary institutions know what it means to smell an A, talk more, an A of 80+, I got it though.

I didn't know how it happened but I felt like dropping out, even with my excellent performance. Life as a Diploma student at the University of Uyo is like pushing one into frustration and depression, too much indifference by the school regarding student's welfare. Diploma - LLB transition is like trying to pass an Oraimo cord in a machine needle.

2022 came, and I opted to start afresh, UTME wasn't a big deal, I had gone past that level, and intellectually, I can't perform less. I pegged my anticipated score at 300, but the results came, and I was few marks to it. All right, that was terrific.

After ASUU strike ended in 2022, my ambition of dropping out hit again. But then, what will people say? Too many questions and pressure on me. Well, I cared less. I know what I'm doing, I don't care about opinions, and I discreetly and flawlessly dropped out as a Diploma student in Faculty of Law, University of Uyo, no regrets.

My guess was right, questions came, "Why are you not in school"? My reply to you depends on how sensitive and sensibly you asked me and your locus standi, if not, you and I will combat. Don't ask me, it's not your school and it's not your going.

Conclusively, In the long run, it will be right to say, Congratulations to me for never giving up. Everything I planned manifested, admission, everything... This succinct storyline is 30% of what I saw, but I conquered it. I'll be going back to the Faculty of Law, University of Uyo to continue what I started.

Many times, I gave up, and many times, I got bittered. But ahead ahead, it's not how fast but how far. The journey has been activated in full once again, I don't tolerate mediocre performances. The Law is to influence society, not just about myself, I can't settle for less.

When you feel like giving up, don't, hold on and do it.

It's been God and hardwork, Congratulations to myself, go and soar, do what you know how to do best. They shall hear your name. I welcome myself back to the Faculty of Law, University of Uyo.

LLB in view.

Nairalanders, share in my joy.
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by Elistho(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2023
Seun

A win for one, win for all.
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by iyaamoke: 6:15pm On May 12, 2023
I celebrate you dear. Keep at it even though you get exasperated. While pursuing your degree, please identify other things that you enjoy doing so that you don't get bored. It's a long ride you know. Your life shouldn't be about class, church and library alone. Look for other things that tickle your fancy. Could be running an NGO, designs, writing or even get a certification in arbitration, mediation or reconciliation.
I wish you all the best. I believe in you.
Be back here in the next 5 years with a photoshoot of your wig and gown. All the best
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by Elistho(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2023
iyaamoke:
I celebrate you dear. Keep at it even though you get exasperated. While pursuing your degree, please identify other things that you enjoy doing so that you don't get bored. It's a long ride you know. Your life shouldn't be about class, church and library alone. Look for other things that tickle your fancy. Could be running an NGO, designs, writing or even get a certification in arbitration, mediation or reconciliation.
I wish you all the best. I believe in you.
Be back here in the next 5 years with a photoshoot of your wig and gown. All the best

Thank you so much, I will involve myself in extra curricular activities now. I was just scared if I'll finally get to my LLB. Glad it's happening.
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by REVEALERSlight: 7:18pm On May 12, 2023
Wish your success ahead.
Be watchful, 🙏 , and vigilant though.

Well don't have knowledge without zeal or zeal without knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4LUBBAPhkg
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by LordFriar: 1:06am On May 13, 2023
Las las na 30k dem go pay you after graduation.. better go start bricklayer work or just japa
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by sageb: 10:23am On May 13, 2023
Elistho:
My journey in pursuit of a Law degree began three years ago. Its materialization was obstructed many a time but the option of giving up was an illusion, this is a story of doggedness and perseverance.

In the year 2020, after UTME, my chances of getting into Law were slim due to my performance, my score was high but not high enough, and I was exempted from admission. Fresh tears.

In 2021, I pursued Law at the University of Uyo as a Diploma student. The school system was far below average, my school life was a tripartite arrangement, from class to home to church. No extracurricular activities, I didn't even know 10% of my coursemate's names, little fun, I never enjoyed school.

The examination came, prior to this time, I gradually lost interest in school and the program, I stopped attending classes, but there was still seriousness amid truancy. Results came, I aced it distinctly, fair, and square, and I cleared my major courses with all A's. Those in tertiary institutions know what it means to smell an A, talk more, an A of 80+, I got it though.

I didn't know how it happened but I felt like dropping out, even with my excellent performance. Life as a Diploma student at the University of Uyo is like pushing one into frustration and depression, too much indifference by the school regarding student's welfare. Diploma - LLB transition is like trying to pass an Oraimo cord in a machine needle.

2022 came, and I opted to start afresh, UTME wasn't a big deal, I had gone past that level, and intellectually, I can't perform less. I pegged my anticipated score at 300, but the results came, and I was few marks to it. All right, that was terrific.

After ASUU strike ended in 2022, my ambition of dropping out hit again. But then, what will people say? Too many questions and pressure on me. Well, I cared less. I know what I'm doing, I don't care about opinions, and I discreetly and flawlessly dropped out as a Diploma student in Faculty of Law, University of Uyo, no regrets.

My guess was right, questions came, "Why are you not in school"? My reply to you depends on how sensitive and sensibly you asked me and your locus standi, if not, you and I will combat. Don't ask me, it's not your school and it's not your going.

Conclusively, In the long run, it will be right to say, Congratulations to me for never giving up. Everything I planned manifested, admission, everything... This succinct storyline is 30% of what I saw, but I conquered it. I'll be going back to the Faculty of Law, University of Uyo to continue what I started.

Many times, I gave up, and many times, I got bittered. But ahead ahead, it's not how fast but how far. The journey has been activated in full once again, I don't tolerate mediocre performances. The Law is to influence society, not just about myself, I can't settle for less.

When you feel like giving up, don't, hold on and do it.

It's been God and hardwork, Congratulations to myself, go and soar, do what you know how to do best. They shall hear your name. I welcome myself back to the Faculty of Law, University of Uyo.

LLB in view.

Nairalanders, share in my joy.

A Tuskite spotted

Back in My undergraduate days, The number of direct entry applicants that gained admission via diploma program are not up to 20.

so entering via Jamb is less competitive.

Get a space in M2 so that you will just walk to classes rather than paying transport fare to school
Congratulations and good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by Nobody: 11:02am On May 13, 2023
How old are you?
Who Dey pay your school fees?
Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by clockwisereport: 5:39pm On May 13, 2023
LordFriar:
Las las na 30k dem go pay you after graduation.. better go start bricklayer work or just japa

So many lawyers are billionaires. He can make it.

Never write people off

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Recounts How He Dropped Out While Pursuing A Law Degree. by Elistho(m): 7:01pm On May 13, 2023
clockwisereport:

So many lawyers are billionaires. He can make it.

Never write people off

I'll make it, thank you too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Highest Paid Doctors In The World 2023 / APPLY NOW: 2023-2024 UNICAF Scholarships Scholarship For International Students. / Benue State University Joins Nairaland:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.