Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President (747 Views)

Atiku, Obi, Tinubu Risk Jail Terms Over Religious, Ethnic-Motivated Campaigns / 2023: Obi Introduced Religious, Ethnic Politics In Nigeria – Chimaroke Nnamani / Boko Haram Deceived Us With Religious Sermon Before Killing 80 - Borno Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 12, 2023
I recently came across news that Mr Obi said he'll rule Nigeria someday. Well I wish him the very best.

But I must say alot of Nigerians were highly disappointed by the "yes Daddy" audio conversation and talk about Religious war. I was also disappointed that Mr Obi targeted and mostly visited churches and markets where the south easterners dominated.

In a large multi-religious, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural & multi-lingual Nation like Nigeria, for a candidate to direct his focus on particular more on a religious and ethnic groups really spells doom for his campaign.

Such a candidate can Never be President of a religiously and ethnically diverse country like Nigeria.

If Nigeria was predominantly a single religion and ethnic nation like some smaller African and European nations, it's okay. But for our diverse culture, such candidate can Never ever rule Nigeria.

All Supporters should Know this and Know Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 12, 2023
What about buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 7:59pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:
I recently came across news that Mr Obi said he'll rule Nigeria someday. Well I wish him the very best.

But I must say alot of Nigerians were highly disappointed by the "yes Daddy" audio conversation and talk about Religious war. I was also disappointed that Mr Obi targeted and mostly visited churches and markets where the south easterners dominated.

In a large multi-religious, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural & multi-lingual Nation like Nigeria, for a candidate to direct his focus on particular more on a religious and ethnic groups really spells doom for his campaign.

Such a candidate can Never be President of a religiously and ethnically diverse country like Nigeria.

If Nigeria was predominantly a single religion and ethnic nation like some smaller African and European nations, it's okay. But for our diverse culture, such candidate can Never ever rule Nigeria.

We should Know this and Know Peace!

But a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker, with a Muslim Muslim ticket can be president in a religiously diverse country like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 12, 2023
Ofunaofu:

But a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker, with a Muslim Muslim ticket can be president in a religiously diverse country like Nigeria
My friend that was purely a political move not religious one.

A southern candidate takes a predominantly northern candidate.

He didn't go to mosques to start campaigning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 12, 2023
Revolution2022:
What about buhari?
Buhari Never went from mosque to mosque to campaign. You know what I'm talking about.

No Candidate in History has Ever Been President with religious and Ethnic agenda, and never will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 8:11pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

My friend that was purely a political move not religious

Really,

Because it's Tinubu, it becomes a political move but when someone else does it, it becomes a religious war

It's also a political sagacity for Tinubu, his supporters mainly Bayo onanuga, FFK, MC oluomo, his thugs and hoodlums to engage in ethnic profiling, ethnic cleansing, killing, maiming, destructuction of lives and properties of people presume to be from a particular ethnic group because of their democratic choice

Honestly, you all consumes what your drug lord supplies

5 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by magoo10(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2023
whose supporters threatened other ethnic groups from voting. Tinubu off course

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Royal0: 8:32pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

We should Know this and Know Peace!

If Peter Obi is a religious bigot, what is Tinubu who didn't find one Christian worthy of being his running mate?

4 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

Buhari Never went from mosque to mosque to campaign. You know what I'm talking about.

No Candidate in History has Ever Been President with religious and Ethnic agenda.

But buhari defended bokoharam who are against western education and granted them amnesty.

3 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 12, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Really,

Because it's Tinubu, it becomes a political move but when someone else does it, it becomes a religious war

Honestly, you all consumes what your drug lord supplies
Mr man, mention where Tinubu went to mosque or call imams to vote him? He wouldn't need to do that. I'm not his supporter.

That leaked audio btw Mr Obi and Pastor Oyedepo truly summarised his agenda.

My submission is: No Candidate can ever be President of a multi-religious and multi-ethnic Nation as Nigeria
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 8:37pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

No Candidate in History has Ever Been President with religious and Ethnic agenda.

But Tinubu hired fake pastors and bishops to endorse his demonic Muslim Muslim ticket

3 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 12, 2023
Royal0:

If Peter Obi is a religious bigot, what is Tinubu who didn't find one Christian worthy of being his running mate?
Tinubu move was purely political. We all know this. You'll be naïve to reason otherwise.

Predominantly Christian South (minority muslims) and Predominantly Muslim North..
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 8:38pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

Mr man, mention where Tinubu went to mosque or call imams to vote him? He wouldn't need to do that. I'm not his supporter.

That leaked audio btw Mr Obi and Pastor Oyedepo truly summarised his agenda.

My submission is: No Candidate can ever be President of a multi-religious and multi-ethnic Nation as Nigeria

Why did Tinubu hire fake pastors and Bishop to endorse his demonic Muslim Muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 12, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Why did Tinubu hire fake pastors and Bishop to endorse his demonic Muslim Muslim ticket
Lol.. the so-called "demonic Muslim Muslim" ticket you see is what we politically savvy Nigerians saw as "minority" South and "majority" North ticket.

The fact that you Obi supporters see everything from a religious point of view really spelt doom to his political ambition.

1 Like

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 12, 2023
I'm a Christian born and bred in a cosmopolitan and ethnically diverse city. I've never for once seen Religion in tandem with politics

Remember it's simply Politics Not Religious & Ethnic Sentiments or Agenda.

1 Like

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 8:50pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

Lol.. the so-called "demonic Muslim Muslim" ticket you see is what we politically savvy Nigerians saw as "minority" South and "majority" North ticket.

The fact that you Obi supporters see everything from a religious point of view really spelt doom to his political ambition.

Why then did he now hire fake pastors and Bishops to paint a picture of Christian endorsement

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 12, 2023
It’s the up and dan crying that he does that disqualifies him from governing Nigeria. Nigeria can’t be governed by a simp, a cry baby, a weak man. The man is weak and not sharp intellectually, a 3rd class degree graduate. Very poor candidate who will continue to lose national elections. He is a local champion at best, but that says more about the caliber of people from that area if a 3rd class graduate is your local champion grin
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Flick490(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Don't mind the fool
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by enemybulldozer(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

My friend that was purely a political move not religious

Tinubu moves is not political but Obi's moves is war and ethnic agenda. Clap for yourself grin grin grin

Hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 8:54pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

And Tinubu minions with a demonic Muslim Muslim ticket doesn't see everything from a religious point of view.

Dey play

1 Like

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 12, 2023
Royal0:

Brother the truth is that if Tinubu has selected a Northern Christian minority, he will lose silly. Is it Dogara, or our SGF who unfortunately had no great political value he should have chose?

You know this. That move was political not religious. I'm not his fan/supporter tho. My preference was another Candidate but he lost primaries.
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 12, 2023
Ajagunakin:
It’s the up and dan crying that he does that disqualifies him from governing Nigeria. Nigeria can’t be governed by a simp, a cry baby, a weak man. The man is weak and not sharp intellectually, a 3rd class degree graduate. Very poor candidate who will continue to lose national elections. He is a local champion at best, but that says more about the caliber of people from that area if a 3rd class graduate is your local champion grin
I'm not really about Mr Obi personality. It's the religious and ethnic political route he took that really concerned me and many other Nigerians who actually had soft spot for him.

Ofunaofu:

And Tinubu minions with a demonic Muslim Muslim ticket doesn't see everything from a religious point of view.

Dey play
Lol.. Na you dey play actually. I repeat what you see a Muslim Muslim we politically savvy Nigerians simply saw it as Southern and Northern permutation.
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 9:05pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

I'm not really about Mr Obi personality. It's the religious and ethnic political route he took that really concerned me and many other Nigerians who actually had soft spot for him.

Lol.. Na you dey play actually. I repeat what you see a Muslim Muslim we politically savvy Nigerians simply saw it as Southern and Northern permutation.

There is nothing politically savvy in a Muslim Muslim ticket in a religious diverse country like Nigeria rather it is aimed at further dividing this country

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 12, 2023
Ofunaofu:

There is nothing politically savvy in a Muslim Muslim ticket in a religious diverse country like Nigeria rather it is aimed at further dividing this country
That's how You See it. Millions of Nigeria "Christians" that voted Tinubu never saw and will never see it that way.

They only saw a Southern Candidate pair a Northern Candidate for Presidency.
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Ofunaofu: 9:35pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

That's how You See it. Millions of Nigeria "Christians" that voted Tinubu never saw and will never see it that way.

They only saw a Southern Candidate pair a Northern Candidate for Presidency.

Does that justifies the reason why Tinubu hired fake pastors and Bishops to endorse his demonic Muslim Muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by danijesus(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2023
Obi must be president
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 12, 2023
danijesus:
Obi must be president
We wish him the best
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by gidgiddy: 10:16pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

All Supporters should Know this and Know Peace!

You already have a President with an ethnic and Religious agenda as your current President

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

You already have a President with an ethnic and Religious agenda as your current President
You're wrong.

Buhari that himself previously chose Chuba Okadigbo, Pastor Tunde Bakare and now a Pastor as VP, you say religious agenda. Again you're wrong.
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by MissLeslie(m): 10:52pm On May 12, 2023
Royal0:

Two different Christian was his deputy, he has many Christian in his immediate family.
Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by gidgiddy: 11:27pm On May 12, 2023
pineed:

You're wrong.

Buhari that himself previously chose Chuba Okadigbo, Pastor Tunde Bakare and now a Pastor as VP, you say religious agenda. Again you're wrong.

A President that has never condemned herdsmen from his own ethnic group that are killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria?

A President who did not hide his unbridled hate for Easterners, calling them a 'dot', 95/5%?

A President who declared 'operation python dance' in an area that had no armed group at the time, but has never declared any military operation in his own state where the Governor is begging people to arm and protect themselves. He could not declare any military operation in his own State despite bandits kidnapping hundreds of children there

But he can declare military operation against people peacefully waving Biafran flags on the streets and declare them terrorists

But has no problems releasing terrorist boko haram

Buhari is worse than a bigot

2 Likes

Re: Religious War: A Candidate with Religious & Ethnic Agenda Can Never Be President by Nobody: 9:45am On May 13, 2023
MissLeslie:

Two different Christian was his deputy, he has many Christian in his immediate family.

I'm not specifically comparing two individuals. I'm actually basing my statement on a Candidate using religious and ethnic agenda to drive his ambition.

If you're confident of your capabilities to deliver, you don't need to campaign using religion & ethnicity. It won't work in a multicultural country like Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

@Egi_Nupe_ Apologized To David Hundeyin For Calling Him “Cut-And-Join”. / Suspected IPOB Gunmen Enforce Sit At Home In South East Nigeria / Malami Frustrated My Efforts To Recover $60b Stolen Funds For Nigeria- ObonoObla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.