Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 (34303 Views)

Profile Of 'VIP' Inmates In Kuje Prison Before Attack / Reno Omokri Reacts To Lai Mohammed N3.5m Monthly Feeding Of El-Zakzaky / N317m For Feeding Of Dogs, Horses Ahead Of 2019 Elections- Police, Civil Defence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by iHateFraudsters: 11:40am On May 13, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by tnerro1(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2023
Why not give the states their VAT so they can have money for this and other things, I would like to see states develop railways like Lagos in doing
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Minjim: 11:46am On May 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The states are actually in a better position to feed the prisoners. When this happens, non indigenes who commit crimes in other states can be convicted and deportedly shipped to their own states to serve their sentences. You can not abandon your job as parents and think other states should keep feeding your wayward children by other states.

That can't work. Their state will set them free to save cost
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by anthonyuncle(m): 11:46am On May 13, 2023
lots of inmates will die of hunger
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Iluvmycontr3: 11:47am On May 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The states are actually in a better position to feed the prisoners. When this happens, non indigenes who commit crimes in other states can be convicted and deportedly shipped to their own states to serve their sentences. You can not abandon your job as parents and think other states should keep feeding your wayward children by other states.

🤣🤣🤣wayward children indeed

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2023
Its right and better of if states responsibility of CC.
and people should also learn to forgive. Casese like fraud, stealing and Assault are so much in ATMs. Such cases should be stoke off.
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Jones4190(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2023
how would kanu survive now?
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Saga16: 11:50am On May 13, 2023
paramakina202:
Hunger go kill prisoners o.
This is no time to commit crime in Nigeria grin

I thought I read:

Hunger go kill prisoners.

Is it a crime to commit a crime in Nigeria?

grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by ejimatic: 11:51am On May 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
"You can not abandon your job as parents and think other states should keep feeding your wayward children by other states.".
Yiur statement above is qouted to show how happy I am with yiur conclusion. Family breakdown is affecting our country and is adding more to the crime rate in Nigeria. States must be ready to feed their wayward. Indigenes. Whoever is interested can prepare his child as an inmate by his or her parental negligence and poor parenting technique..
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Bfly: 11:51am On May 13, 2023
FG don shift prisoner ontop state because 90% be state offenders. Plus all the money too.
Federal Government of Nigeria needs to step up their game.

Any organisation that demands so much from the Federal Government with little returns is always either privatised or shifted to state. While they collect revenue
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by LZAA: 11:51am On May 13, 2023
Godfullsam:

All these prisoners, what are they doing on a daily basis?

Will they wake up, sit down and be waiting for food without doing anything meaningful?

I am just curious.

I think they should be made to farm and do some other menial jobs. There lots of land in the states, prisoners should be allowed to farm and the proceed be used to feed them.

Some of them may develop interest in farming when they are out of prison instead of going back to crime
Ever heard of the word "hard labour"?
Well prisoners here do hard labour if added to their sentence
If we were serious about manufacturing here your prisoners will be working in prison factories too
It happens in the USA

3 Likes

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Federalis: 11:52am On May 13, 2023
Lol. Make dem no feed dem at all. Who send them to go commit crime?
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Lukuluku69(m): 11:53am On May 13, 2023
Godfullsam:

Will they wake up, sit down and be waiting for food without doing anything meaningful?

I am just curious.

I think they should be made to farm and do some other menial jobs. There lots of land in the states, prisoners should be allowed to farm and the proceed be used to feed them.

Some of them may develop interest in farming when they are out of prison instead of going back to crime

The idea is to work. That is why the Sentencing comes with " Hard Labour" the end. But the reverse is the Case here. I remember the first time I came in direct contact with an Inmate/Prisoner way back in Kano 1994. I was shocked afraid too! The guy came into my Office and asked if there is any Trash that needed throwing away or any Trash Bin he can help.empty. I nearly jumped out of my skin. A Prisoner? In my Cubicle of an Office, unrestrained, walking free with no Warder/s present?

Later I learnt that they usually bring them over to cut grasses, do some cleaning and then return them to the Correctional Centres in Kano. I was doing my NYSC then at a Teaching Hospital.

As time goes, I see them regularly and my apprehension disapperaed and sometime give them money for Gworro.

Back home in Lagos, my contacts with Inmates is usually when they are being moved for Court appearances in Balck Marias and them being held up in Traffic.

They are suppose to work and sometimes with pay.

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by happney65: 11:55am On May 13, 2023
oz4real83:
Buhari and his gang should be thinking of going down silently rather than the noise they keep making on behalf of the incoming govt. A federal govt that is always unwilling to share powers and collects revenues that states are supposed to be collecting, but still wants to transfer its constitutional responsibilities to states, is that not wickedness

You dey mind them. The states that barely get by before now,you now want to also include feeding. Some people go nearly die of hunger.

Instead of doing resource control so states will have more money as they are the closet to us you dey do rubbish and adding more to their burden

Some people are about to die of hunger cos states won't pay shishi. People that haven't paid salaries and pensions go pay for prisoners

Dey play . grin

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Jomonix: 11:55am On May 13, 2023
I do hope the FGN will also shed the some financial allocation in favor of states
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by MeaslesMumpsRub: 11:57am On May 13, 2023
Hunger go nearly kill inmates
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Haveyoueatentod: 12:06pm On May 13, 2023
Say hi if you're reading this from jail
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Parachoko: 12:10pm On May 13, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol why hope when you can force the issue? Just stop accepting state law offenders after a certain date. If they don't care to after that charge them double the normal rate or simply let the consequences if their actions catch up with them.
The FG will stop feeding them from Jan 1 2024
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Parachoko: 12:12pm On May 13, 2023
Sltp:
Very useless people. Implement regional government and resources control or give more power to the state. You want to give them more responsibility while you at the federal assume all military and paramilitary powers? Idiot
Two third of the State House Of Assemblies voted in favor of moving Correctional facilities to the Concurrent list from the Exclusive list
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by chrisxxx(m): 12:13pm On May 13, 2023
sreamsense:
If the prisoner should be profiled according to state and then take responsibility in feeding them or send them feeding allowance, state like Anambra may go bankrupt.
And the four others.
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by maticar: 12:17pm On May 13, 2023
Godfullsam:

I am just curious.

perhaps you should pay a visit to a facility and find out

3 Likes

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by zumbigbo(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2023
Cell hunger loading....new inmates better arrive with shawarma and fufu
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by Mpanyi: 12:24pm On May 13, 2023
True federalism is the answer to all these. You guys implement true federalism on things that are burden to you and fail to do same on others.
Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by eteebanky1: 12:24pm On May 13, 2023
Inmates with gruesome offences, murder or long jail term should be killed with immediate effect

They're of no use to the public anyways

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by sonature1: 12:32pm On May 13, 2023
Praxis758:
Time to shed some weights.

The Nigerian federal government is carrying too much load than it can bear. Imagine a institutionally weak government carry 66 items on the exclusive list.

Not even the US federal government Carrie’s such yeye loads. This is what make our presidents dictatorial, authoritative and territorial.

Nobody asked the yeye federal government to carry those burdens.

They should restructure the country.

That way, states will take away their burdens, generate money and pay tax to them.

3 Likes

Re: FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 by R0LL0N(m): 12:36pm On May 13, 2023
Godfullsam:

I am just curious.

It’s only in Nigeria movie we see them farming. We need the real action of farming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Misau Mocks Presidency, APC: You Should Be Ashamed Of Indicting Buhari / Bauchi Man Who Drank "Gutter Water" To Celebrate PMB Is Alive - Daily Trust / Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.