Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

I’ll Become President Someday, Says Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Become President Someday, Says Obi (204 Views)

I Am Not Desperate To Become Next President, Says Obi / Reno Omokri Says Obi Or Tinubu Should Step-Down / APC Woos Kwankwaso, Says Obi Thrives On Social Media Frenzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Become President Someday, Says Obi by Elev82014: 10:57pm On May 12, 2023
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) Peter Obi has expressed confidence that he would be the President of Nigeria.
He however said he was not in a hurry to achieve the dream.

Speaking on Friday during the unveiling of the book, Peter Obi: many voices, one perspective, Obi stressed the need to always stand for the truth in the quest to build a new Nigeria. He also pledged to accept the decision of the judiciary.

He said: “I’ll always insist on what is right. When I was impeached as governor, people asked me to do this and that, I said no. I won’t give money to do the wrong thing.

“Again, I had never met with Mahoud Yakubu, since he became the head of INEC. Although I was together with him as the chairman in a committee but I don’t need to meet him because he has only one vote which he can cast to anyone.

“If he wants to do what is wrong, no problem. One day, this thing we are doing in this country will consume all of us. He added: “I’m in this journey anyone that thinks I’m on transit is joking. I must be the president of this country. If it’s not today, it will be tomorrow. I’m not in a hurry. I’m not desperate.

“We must fix this country. I have only one passport. if anyone thinks that Peter Obi will run away, is wasting his time.

“I’m in court now, whatever decision of the court, I’ll respect it. I’m not going to riot after which we’ll continue. But I know we’re committed to the destiny of this nation, when it’s God’s time it’ll happen

Appreciating the OBIdients for their understanding and perseverance, Obi insisted that his softness and apologetic disposition remained the way to go and sign of discipline and responsibility.

“We’re trying to build a new Nigeria and that new Nigeria must be ready to say sorry, even if they are right. We need to start thinking about what are we going to do to have a better country”.

Chairman, Obi of Onitsha and Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council, Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, described Obi as a man of destiny, whose progress in life reflects the hand of God upon him.

“It’s not by his works or by his power,” he submitted.

Lead Editor of the book, Prof. Chinyere Stella Okunna described the piece as capturing everything about the man, Peter Obi. She said: “We are not saying that Peter Obi is a saint. But he stands out in integrity. Nigeria is richly blessed if this man becomes President”.

“Whatever we realise here will be channeled into the ongoing litigation. I am hopeful that the litigation will end well, and the truth will come out”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-must-be-president-someday-says-obi/
Re: I’ll Become President Someday, Says Obi by yarimo(m): 12:14am On May 13, 2023
Don't worry you will get arrested by UK immigrations someday

Re: I’ll Become President Someday, Says Obi by REDshouse(m): 12:23am On May 13, 2023
Act of desperation... "I will be president" are you the only one that can fix Nigeria... if God choose you fine and if God says you will die tomorrow without achieving the president u want to be fine ... another person can do far better than you as president ...

Must you be president ....

(1) (Reply)

10th National Assembly: President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu Prefers Orji Uzor Kalu / The Party Is Supreme : Cross River State Legislators Declare As They Disclose Th / JUST IN: Again, Court Adjourns Obi’s Petition Against Tinubu To Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.