Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership (17288 Views)

Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard / Reps’ Speakership: Why Dogara, Gbajabiamila May Not Get Members Backing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Nemere2020: 3:48pm On May 13, 2023
The Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ahmed Wase, says he possesses all the qualities to be the speaker of the 10th Assembly.

Wase stated this when declared his intention to run for the office of the speaker in Abuja on Friday.

He also maintained that it is his turn to lead the House of Representatives and to be the number four citizen of the country.

The lawmaker said he had made huge sacrifices in the house in the past, adding that he is experienced and competent to be the speaker.

“I was deputy to Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila as Minority Leader and in 2015 I had more than 75 per cent endowment to be a leader. But I was asked to step down and I obliged.

“In 2019, I felt I should go for speaker but again the party leaders said I should step down for Femi Gbajabiamila and I obliged even though I had the endorsement to go through and we then ran a joint campaign.

“These are part of the sacrifices I have made and in the words of my leader, President-elect, Sen. Bola Tinubu, I say, ’emilokan’- it is my turn,” he said.

Wase said when he is elected speaker, he will focus on general orientation and image rebranding of the National Assembly.

The aspirant said he would ensure a true people’s parliament by creating an efficient and innovative parliament that would approach nation-building as a joint task irrespective of any differences.

The lawmaker promised a strong and independent parliament, with law and order as well as strong legislative oversight.

According to the aspirant, security, fiscal discipline, economic prosperity and social welfare schemes and programmes will be prioritised if elected.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/emilokan-ive-all-it-takes-to-be-speaker-says-wase/

6 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Kyase(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2023
Yes

I Stan with idris.

NC is not a joke to this people

16 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by kbams241: 3:56pm On May 13, 2023
T
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by habsydiamond(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2023
Na ur turn... If dem no gree, grab it, snatch it and run away with it... grin grin grin.. you won't be the first... undecided

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Obakoolex(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2023
Suegbe grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by HydraFeeds(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2023
Anybody fit declare anything wey dem want like Asiwaju , but because sey person declare something nor mean sey e go happen cos grace dey different .

Like one person wey talk sey him nor go ever comot for APGA but he don defect two more times ,when such person declare sey “he must” do something,just go sleep cos failure dey such person body .

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by NwaOhafia: 3:56pm On May 13, 2023
Interesting times ahead
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by LegendHero(m): 3:57pm On May 13, 2023
Kudos to Wase for declaring his interest and using the code word “Emi Lokan”.

However just like in the holy book, faith without work is useless. Before Jagaban can boldly say “Emi Lokan”, it was because of his almost 30 years of hardwork, building people up, expanding his network, singlehandedly supporting president, nominating VPs, his boys dominating the speakership and NA and etc.

Personally, I think APC is unfair to other contestants by openly saying Akpabio and Tajudeen is their consensus candidate, I would rather all of them fight it out and test their strength. I understand APC are being careful too because of their simple majority which might lead to other party taking over the house if they had contested against each other without reaching consensus.

The coming NASS election will be the most non-partisanship in out history because from what I’ve seen, it seems even PDP/LP/NNPP have their factions and they are supporting different candidates. Let’s see how it goes.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Serviceweb: 3:57pm On May 13, 2023
Okay political interest
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by usecondom(m): 3:57pm On May 13, 2023
Go get it.
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Evergreen4(m): 3:57pm On May 13, 2023
The partition of Nigeria. The country has been shared already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 3:58pm On May 13, 2023
Failed country

3 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Zico5(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2023
Imagine this gambari. Maybe it's his father's inheritance and that's why he made the statements. Every politician can't even emulate good virtue again. No wonder, they are all competing to loot as much as they can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Chinonye2022(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2023
Nothing concern me concern nigeria politics again i dey retire with Atiku

5 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Racoon(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2023
All these infighting and desperate power tussle are just for their egocentric ambition

4 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by obembet(f): 3:58pm On May 13, 2023
May the best candidate win

1 Like

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by DaddyJapan(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2023
The understudy makes a boss move in a play of theatrical proportions.
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Owaincouncil: 3:59pm On May 13, 2023
Iwo lokan lati lule

1 Like

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by opalu: 3:59pm On May 13, 2023
Trashy Journalism.
I searched everywhere in the report to know which place and state and geopolitical zone he represents. But couldn't see it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by datola: 4:00pm On May 13, 2023
Okay
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Throwback: 4:00pm On May 13, 2023
Very valid claim.

In a homogenous society, he is by right the next in line to become party leader in the house, and by extension, the Speaker if his party is in the majority.

But I still think it should be zoned to the NorthWest and Kaduna especially.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Laple0541(m): 4:00pm On May 13, 2023
When the president elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu first used the word "enilokan", many lowlife individuals including Bitter Obi were everywhere crying why should he used such word. Unknown to them it's an acclamation of something great to oneself. I say to myself, Emini ire kan.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by greatiyk4u(m): 4:01pm On May 13, 2023
No going back
Tinubu will hear am
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Peacemaker5128: 4:01pm On May 13, 2023
Carry on as far as you are not ndimkpurummiri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:02pm On May 13, 2023
Ok. It is allowed.

3 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by slivertongue: 4:04pm On May 13, 2023
APC dey play
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Triangles1(m): 4:04pm On May 13, 2023
Emilokan trending like kilonshele.

4 Likes

Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by slivertongue: 4:06pm On May 13, 2023
Kyase:
Yes

I Stan with idris.

NC is not a joke to this people

So it's about NC now?
Re: ’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership by Access03(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2023
opalu:
Trashy Journalism.
I searched everywhere in the report to know which place and state and geopolitical zone he represents. But couldn't see it

North Central
Plateau State
Wase Federal Constituency

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terror War: Troops Eliminate Several Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Borno / Lagos To Begin Lekki Airport In 2024 / Boko Haram Now Uses Drones, Foreign Fighters – Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.