Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion (1265 Views)

So Which Is The True Religion? / The Mormon Religion / Marrying Outside One's Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion by eneekaycee(m): 12:24am On Mar 03, 2006
Dont say Im not a christian or that Im not a good one.The truth is Im trying my "christianest"(pls forgive the word)to be one,the best I can be.But what do you do when you have tried your best to live a good christian life,obeyed the word and all that yet tour fortunes seem not to be improving?To put it more succingtly,your friends or neighbours or other people of "questionable"character are succeding far much more better than you?Doesnt it make it all very discouraging and make you want to reconsider your position?Please I need your help in this.eneekaycee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion by barikade: 12:41am On Mar 03, 2006
But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.

Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them
that go a whoring from thee.

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

- (Psalm 73 - please read the whole chapter)

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful
that promisedwink

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of
reward

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

- (Heb.10:23,35 & 39)

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

- (I Pet.5:7)

Stay with God - He never leaves nor forsakes those who still trust. Don't let the devil cheat you of your long battle for your salvation.
Re: Religion by KAG: 2:49am On Mar 03, 2006
eneekaycee:

Dont say I'm not a christian or that I'm not a good one.The truth is I'm trying my "christianest"(please forgive the word)to be one,the best I can be.But what do you do when you have tried your best to live a good christian life,obeyed the word and all that yet tour fortunes seem not to be improving?To put it more succingtly,your friends or neighbours or other people of "questionable"character are succeding far much more better than you?Doesnt it make it all very discouraging and make you want to reconsider your position?Please I need your help in this.eneekaycee

Realise that "fortunes", riches etc, are not what religions like christianity are all about. Remember the rich man that asked Jesus what he had to do to be saved? Jesus told him to sell all his possesions, , a clear indication that if it's santa you are looking fo, then you may be in the wrong belief system. Something else worth realising is that contentment with the good things you already possess (and will possess) is also a worthy virtue.
Re: Religion by eneekaycee(m): 3:14am On Mar 03, 2006
Thanks KAG,you are absolutely right, but what I'm trying to say is this you are still in this world and definitely need tc take care of ceartain material needs.How do you now do this when everything seems to be falling apart around you?Another thing,those other people feel you are a dumbhead not to junp on the bandwaggon and mae fast and easy money for yourself.What do you have to show that indeed choosing God's way is the best option?
Re: Religion by TYPOP(m): 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2006
Just a passage from the Bible and I rest my case.
Psa 37:1 A Psalm of David. Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
Psa 37:2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Psa 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

What do you say? It's your word against the Bible

(1) (Reply)

See the / Happy New Year To All Catholics / Jesus As D Word Of God And D Word Of God As D Power Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.