Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 (1649 Views)

My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:13pm On May 13, 2023
Friday afternoon as we were all leaving our various jobs, my friends and I decided to take a spontaneous road-trip to a Gulf Coast beach.
We managed to find a last minute condo so we grabbed a few things and met up.
We began to drive. And we drove, and drove, and drove. It was almost 10 pm but the roads leading to the shores were fairly busy—others had the same idea we had.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:19pm On May 13, 2023
After a few hours, we could smell the tang of the saltwater—we were getting closer and closer.
Finally, we arrived.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:24pm On May 13, 2023
By the time we arrived, it was too late to do much of anything so we took a stroll around the property.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:29pm On May 13, 2023
The views were great and we were right on the beach. It was pretty windy and hearing the waves crash on the beach and against the seawall sounded awesome.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:40pm On May 13, 2023
It was almost midnight and we scouted a few restaurants we wanted to try but at the moment, we just wanted something fast and good, no frills necessary. The guys went looking for food and found a few food trucks parked along the beach. They came back with Peking duck wings, turkey legs, tacos, and ribs for everyone. We munched and made plans.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:50pm On May 13, 2023
Daylight came, bringing a great view and rough water.

6 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:03pm On May 13, 2023
We got dressed and took a walk to a breakfast cafe. After we ate, we walked a little further to this beachfront shop that sold swimsuits, towels, and souvenirs since we all left our homes without packing much.
The beach store was selling little hermit crabs as souvenirs in cute cages for $25. I thought it would be an easy pet to have so I bought one and my friend bought me another so it could have company.
Guess what? This was my baby cousin’s first real road-trip since she arrived from Naija and just like the cunning Naija girl she is, she found herself a free hermit crab on the beach to keep as a pet!

4 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:09pm On May 13, 2023
I’ll stop talking now and just share a few beach pictures, including Oyinbo out searching for treasure with his metal detector. I’ll be back to share more pictures as the weekend continued on. Thank you for visiting my thread, hope you enjoy. 😃

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:18pm On May 13, 2023
Next stop—Moody Gardens. Hopefully, it’s not too late for us to get aquarium tickets!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by jamesversion: 12:25am On May 14, 2023
undecided
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:06am On May 14, 2023
More sights from around the Island.

⛱️Oh no, here comes the rain!
⛱️Pleasure Pier
⛱️The Grand Galvez, a hotel that is still standing after over a century and countless hurricanes.
⛱️Clearing beach goers before the rain and really big waves start.

6 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:16am On May 14, 2023
The 3 Pyramids of Moody Gardens
🔺Clear Pyramid houses an indoor rainforest and botanical garden. Temperatures are kept warm
and conditions humid so that the many species of trees that thrive in rainforests and jungles in other countries can thrive indoors.
🔺Bluish Pyramid houses an aquarium and imax theater
🔺Pinkish Pyramid has everything you can imagine under one roof

6 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:23am On May 14, 2023
-Schlitterbahn Waterpark
-more Schlitterbahn
- a Cockatoo just chilling in his mini-habitat

4 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:47am On May 14, 2023
More of Moody Gardens

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:28am On May 14, 2023
I have so many more pictures to load but Nairaland won’t let me be great.
😡
Stay tuned for more.

4 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Originalsly: 4:58am On May 14, 2023
Nice pics and briefings. Seems like you live wayyy away from the sea .... to drive soooo damn far to see the sea ... and instead of plunging in the bed you be out roaming at midnight. [s]In Naija you be labeled witch and then.......[/s]. I never thought you were an eater.... one whole hog leg .... turkey wings and whatever.... then jumping up early to rush the lo al eateries. Really?
Glad you showed the sea wall... was trying to see it in the other photos. That oldddd hotel .... still standing I'm sure because it's made of stone.... those buildings don't shift for nothing.

Keep on posting ..... bring back the thread! Following!
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Skyciel: 6:21am On May 14, 2023
Nice
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Martinsmine(m): 11:20pm On May 14, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
😡
Stay tuned for more.

Finally you out on a flexing mood... Oya upload today Grove.. no keep us hanging

1 Like

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2023
Sorry what device do you use? Is it nairaland quality or yours??
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by carbonado(m): 9:48pm On May 16, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
😡
Stay tuned for more.
...we are waiting for the remaining pictures....Nice thread.
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:05pm On May 17, 2023
⛱️

3 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:21pm On May 17, 2023
Originalsly:
Nice pics and briefings. Seems like you live wayyy away from the sea .... to drive soooo damn far to see the sea ... and instead of plunging in the bed you be out roaming at midnight. [s]In Naija you be labeled witch and then.......[/s]. I never thought you were an eater.... one whole hog leg .... turkey wings and whatever.... then jumping up early to rush the lo al eateries. Really?
Glad you showed the sea wall... was trying to see it in the other photos. That oldddd hotel .... still standing I'm sure because it's made of stone.... those buildings don't shift for nothing.

Keep on posting ..... bring back the thread! Following!

Haha 😂 I sure would definitely be called a witch.
I’m just a few hours from the sea but we made a detour to pickup someone that was in the opposite direction.
Bro, I’m not as bad as you think. 😇 The legs and other foods you saw were divided up amongst six people. None of us had eaten anything since lunch but it was too late to eat heavy which is why we split things up.
I’m going to see if I can find a better pic of the seawall for you. Compared to the levees in the south, the Seawall was cheaper and more effective.

4 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:31pm On May 17, 2023
Martinsmine:

Finally you out on a flexing mood... Oya upload today Grove.. no keep us hanging

I’m trying. I have at least 30 more to share from this trip alone but this site makes uploading so hard. Let me try again.

1 Like

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:33pm On May 17, 2023
Butterfly 🦋 Sanctuary surrounded by plants that attract different varieties.

2 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:35pm On May 17, 2023
More of the 🦋 sanctuary

2 Likes

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by shegzhkn: 8:55pm On May 17, 2023
Yeah, hope the whole experience is not "pricey".
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Martinsmine(m): 3:47pm On May 18, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Butterfly 🦋 Sanctuary surrounded by plants that attract different varieties.

Abeg more pics...
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Nobody: 6:53am On May 21, 2023
How long was the drive? seems like fun! I am usually lazy with long distance drives.
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by sonnie10: 1:21pm On May 22, 2023
Galveston I guess?
Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:55pm On May 22, 2023
Skyview01:
How long was the drive? seems like fun! I am usually lazy with long distance drives.
after
It would’ve been between four and five hours had we left earlier and not detoured to pick up everyone. The drive seems much shorter during the day because there are more places to stop (stopping at Buckee’s is a must) and more to see.

1 Like

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:56pm On May 22, 2023
sonnie10:
Galveston I guess?

You guessed correctly. We’re going to checkout South Padre Island next then Gulf Shores, Al. If you have any other suggestions, please lmk.

1 Like

Re: Road-trip Usa—first Beach Weekend Of 2023 by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

after
It would’ve been between four and five hours had we left earlier and not detoured to pick up everyone. The drive seems much shorter during the day because there are more places to stop (stopping at Buckee’s is a must) and more to see.

That seems an awesome experience. I would like to try it someday but rest of my family are usually carsick after a 3-drive.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Been An Embarrassed Nigerian? / Nigerian Prisoners Abroad Have Rejected Option To Serve Jail Terms In Nigeria / Turkey Or Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.