Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,967 members, 7,866,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees (6540 Views)

Iweala’s Latest Jobs Raise Concern Over Abuse Of Office And Conflict Of Interest / US Gives Ondo Monarch Honourary Citizenship / Elections And The Abuse Of The Powers Of Incumbency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees by funkybaby(f): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2011
mbulela:

But nothing can be more cynical than bestowing honour on public officials just because they hold specific offices where big patronage could be dispensed. It is in this light that we view the recent award of honourary degrees in Management Sciences by the [b]Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) to the duo of Godswill Akpabio, Governor of Akwa Ibom State, and Diezani Allison-Madueke, the Petroleum Minister [/b]as we fail to understand the criteria that recommended them to the NDA authorities, an institution established for training our military officers.

It really baffles me.

What business has the Nigerian Defence Academy got with dishing out honourary degrees to civilians with no Military pedigree
Re: The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees by AbleGod2: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2012
I just recently completed my education with the Uni of east London Malaysia branch, i studied business management as a full time course for 3years and now that am done with my program i wished to do my convocation in the UK by October and therefore i will like to see the main head school of UEL in London where i finished in Malaysia and i will also like to see how London looks like for the first time, i want to see the lifestyle and cultures of the British. Please can someone tell me the documentation i need obtain a visa and i will also like to know if am going to need a student visa or other types of visa. Can I have a proper clear breakdown on getting a visa? God bless you all.
Re: The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees by Jakumo(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2012
As a rule, I generally award myself at least one honorary academic laurel, and one traditional chieftaincy title per year.

Sincerely,

Double-Chief Alhaji Professor Dr. Engineer-Gynecologist Sir Jakumo the Third Esquire, PHD MSc FSS MNI OBE MBE
Re: The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees by petertosh: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2012
Jakumo: As a rule, I generally award myself at least one honorary academic laurel, and one traditional chieftaincy title per year.

Sincerely,

Double-Chief Alhaji Professor Dr. Engineer-Gynecologist Sir Jakumo the Third Esquire, PHD MSc FSS MNI OBE MBE
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Seizes ₦41.4 Million Worth Of Goods In Kano, Jigawa / Adewole Adebayo: Poor Governance, The Root Of Nigeria’s Insecurity / Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.