Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others (20403 Views)

ICC Accepts Petition Against Onanuga, Others Over Alleged Incitement / Tinubu Did Not Disrespect Buhari - Bayo Onanuga (Media Director) / The New Tin Can Park Where All The Trucks And Trailers At Apapa Will Use (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by oshozondii: 7:32am On May 14, 2023
National Chairman of Labour Party (LP), Julius Abure, has fired back at Lamidi Apapa, the suspended Deputy National Chairman of the party over allegations that the FCT State High Court suspended Abure.

He also took a swipe at the former Spokesman for the Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s presidential campaign council, Bayo Onanuga, mocking him for rushing to celebrate Lamidi’ “jaundiced” interpretation of the position of the court.

Abure in a statement Saturday, accused Apapa of desperation to fulfill the mandate from his “pay master”, adding tha “time is running out fast on them and that they are in a hurry to achieve their target…”

The statement reads, “My attention has been drawn to the news making the rounds that the court yesterday suspended me as the National Chairman of the Labour Party. That is far from the truth and the figment of the imaginations of Lamidi Apapa and his cohorts

“What happened was that we raised objection to the entire suit they filed and the ex-parte order and the court assumed jurisdiction on the matter.

“That was what happened and for Apapa to address a press conference and misinform people and carry out propaganda that I was suspended by the court simply shows the height of their desperation. I need to make it abundantly clear that the substantive matter has not even started.

“We have submitted our notice of appeal to the court and we are moving all the matters from that court and taking it to the court of Appeal.

“This same court in FCT in 2023 in the case of Sulieman v APC did the same thing and the Law Report decided by the Supreme Court overruled and also made it very clear that the court has no jurisdiction over such matters.

“The Supreme Court subsequently affirmed the position of the Appeal Court. So when my Lord assumed jurisdiction, even though it was obvious he lacked jurisdiction.

“The lower court however never suspended me in its ruling. This is why I was surprised to read from social media the jaundiced interpretation offered to the media by Apapa after he addressed the newsmen.

His address simply showed that time is running out fast on them and that they are in a hurry to achieve their target set by their paymasters”.

While mocking the suspended deputy national chairman for hurriedly “giving an ultimatum to the counsels to Labour Party and our Presidential candidate, Peter Obi to within 48 hours to surrender themselves to him”, the LP leader disclosed that Apapa “has detailed another lawyer procured by the APC paymasters to appear for Labour Party before the tribunal on the next adjourned sitting, being Wednesday May 17”.

The statement continued, “He was obviously asleep when the ruling was ongoing or that he does not understand the difference between a court ruling and a judgment. He needs to be schooled on some of these legal terminologies.

“We have raised an alarm earlier of plots to scuttle our cases at the Presidential Election Tribunal. The latest development is that Apapa has detailed another lawyer procured by the APC paymasters to appear for Labour Party before the tribunal on the next adjourned sitting, Wednesday May 17.

“Apapa also will appear as representing the party on the same date at the court. These actions are geared towards creating the impression of a factionalized party. We are calling on the police and DSS to prevent the planned desecration of the court by these paid agents.

“We took special notice of the tweet by the Special Adviser to the President-elect on Media, Mr Bayo Onanuga on Friday where he hailed the purported emergence of their hireling, Apapa and for properly interpreting the roles scripts assigned to him.

“In his tweet Onanuga referred Apapa as the man who controls Labour Party affairs and that “the order will send chills down the spines of Obi and his lawyers as Apapa wants all cases withdrawn.

“Interesting times. We want to tell Onanuga and his co-jesters that their celebration will soon be cut short and their laughter will soon turn to weeping.

“Let me at this juncture tell the likes of Apapa, Onanuga and their cohorts that Labour party is a democratic institution and you don’t use coup d’ tat to grab leadership, you don’t use the back door to take over the leadership of the party.

“That is what Apapa and co tried to do. Though we understand them because they have been paid by their paymasters. If you look at the statement they made yesterday, they were talking about the tribunal.

“Whatever they said is about the tribunal, and it is no longer news that these disgruntled and disgraced Labour Party members have been paid to truncate the cases in the tribunal. .

“We all know how to remove the National Chairman, and how a new one can be elected. So it is unfortunate that this group of people found themselves in the Labour Party. The time has come for us to separate the wheat from the chaff.

“The party was a small party and because we want to have numbers, we accommodated all forms of charlatans and dubious people into the party.

“These are people who didn’t offer anything to the party. Apapa scored zero in Oyo state in the Presidential election. Arabambi who is claiming to be the Publicity Secretary scored zero in Ogun state in the presidential election.

“They even supported other candidates from other parties. In Edo, We scored 79 percent of the votes in the presidential election.

“In the governorship election and House of Assembly election, in spite of the dollars and harassment that were deployed by the PDP government, I am the only national chairman that won my ward.

“My performance as the national chairman of this party is not in doubt. I inherited a party that was in arrears of salary payment, a party that has no image and today I have made the party number one party in Nigeria.

“In this party, I have paid my dues. I have been here for 20 years building this party and today the party has become one to reckon with in Nigeria. So for these hirelings to say they want to take over the party, we laugh at them.

“And I urge Nigerians to ignore them because whatever information they are getting from them are fake news.

“I want to reassure you that we are in control and I remain the national chairman. I assure you that we continue to provide leadership. Our cases in court, we will continue to defend them.

Our House of Reps and senatorial cases, we will continue to defend them until victory is assured. Same goes for the presidential election tribunal. No amount of distraction will stop us from attaining our aspirations”.

https://independent.ng/abure-fires-back-at-apapa-onanuga-others/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by azadus18: 7:33am On May 14, 2023
Wahala
Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by money121(m): 7:35am On May 14, 2023
Wahala be Like wetin
Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by loosecanon50(m): 7:40am On May 14, 2023
Even a blind, deaf and dumb man knows Apapa is working for Tinubu and APShit to weaken PO chances at the tribunal.

...but their evil plan won't see the light of day.

198 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by BlackAdams007: 7:41am On May 14, 2023
Violence inside wahala😂😂

1 Like

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by inoki247: 7:41am On May 14, 2023
Lol Dem dey use each other play...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by magoo10(m): 7:43am On May 14, 2023
unpopular labour party of yesterday has now become a national party that apc tinubu faction is jittery of grin. what a low low

If you want to disgrace your enemy use a lesser human or a child to do so . that is what nature is doing to tinubu's apc

Tinubu will force himself in and be disgraced

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by DatNiggaDaz: 7:44am On May 14, 2023
APC is in disarray because PO said he is not dropping any case and not going on Transit.

Go to court, go to Court have landed them into Propaganda, lies and deceit

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by limeta(f): 7:54am On May 14, 2023
APC is fast turning Nigeria to Pakistan
A P shiit the islamic Terrorist party

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Ofunaofu: 8:00am On May 14, 2023
If Lamidi Apapa is so interested in being a party chairman, he should go and meet his paymaster, Tinubu to find him a chairmanship post in his APC Ikoyi ward or Iragbiiji ward. Labour party is not for rogues like him

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Racoon(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2023
Apapa is a mole out to fulfill APC wishes in Labour Party. Imagine Bayo Onanuga not even able to hide his partisanship in another party leadership affairs with his shameless tweet

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Racoon(m): 8:08am On May 14, 2023
“Let me at this juncture tell the likes of Apapa, Onanuga and their cohorts that Labour party is a democratic institution and you don’t use coup d’ tat to grab leadership, you don’t use the back door to take over the leadership of the party.

“That is what Apapa and co tried to do. Though we understand them because they have been paid by their paymasters. If you look at the statement they made yesterday, they were talking about the tribunal.

“Whatever they said is about the tribunal, and it is no longer news that these disgruntled and disgraced Labour Party members have been paid to truncate the cases in the tribunal. .

14 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by ggood: 8:15am On May 14, 2023
Apapa can never be our chairman ,Apapa is a criminal sponsor by evil Apc to disrupt our labour party and our mandate. If Apapa claim that he love labour party why didn't he wait till after tribunal before his show of shame

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by pedrilo: 8:22am On May 14, 2023
We are waiting for apapa and co on 17th ay the tribunal.
They shud come with RPGs tho

14 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by slashthroat: 8:22am On May 14, 2023
Peter Gringory Obi will NEVER be President of Nigeria maybe Biafra because the way him and his supporters are going. Hmmm most Nigerians have left them behind and more hardened to not share in their core ethnic bigotry and values

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by slashthroat: 8:22am On May 14, 2023
Gringory really is an element of disunity.
Every party he has been in; APGA, PDP now LP he has caused division!
Nigerians thank Olodumare, Chineke and Allah we dodged a nuclear bomb

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Jones4190(m): 8:35am On May 14, 2023
I still says it for the second time obi did not qualify to contest under labour party.
section 77(3) of the Electoral Act, 2022, mandated all political party to submit its comprehensive register of members to the (INEC) 30 days before its presidential primary.
Obi was still a member of the PDP at the time labour party summited their register to inec
“(He) resigned his membership of the PDP on 26 May 2022 and joined the Labour Party the following day being 27 May 2022.

“(Labour Party) conducted its Presidential Primary on 30 May 2022 which produced (Obi) as the candidate, That is to say, the said register of members must have been submitted to (INEC) on or before 30 April 2022.
“(Mr. Obi) as of 30 April 2022 was still a member of the PDP and his name was not and could not have been in the register of members submitted by (LP) to (INEC)”.
you see how obi will be humiliated soon, labour party don't even have a presidential candidate in the last election

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Majesty7: 8:48am On May 14, 2023
oshozondii:

https://independent.ng/abure-fires-back-at-apapa-onanuga-others/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

All talk with no sense. He is just confusing his members.

The were to hear the suit and you remain suspended according to the court. Apapa the chairman or not can still be debated. This your show of stupidity will only make you look vulnerable to the judge and that could spell a Doom for you.

Accept the court ruling and if you want to appeal it, do that while stilll respecting the ruling of the previous court. You are just showing your stupidity and acting like someone high on cheap marijuana.

You better be careful. You will end up in jail and nothing will happen. There is a ruling already. If you don't like it, then you appeal but while you are on it, respect the standing order. A law knows no one and will be shamed if you are not careful. Happy Sunday

5 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Googledotcom: 9:12am On May 14, 2023
Apapa is playing same role Ali Modu sheriff played years ago in PDP. We all know and he will be disgraced together with his pay masters.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Dubetex96(m): 9:18am On May 14, 2023
money121:
Wahala be Like wetin

Babalawo Apapa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by slivertongue: 9:23am On May 14, 2023
This same court in FCT in 2023 in the case of Sulieman v APC did the same thing and the Law Report decided by the Supreme Court overruled and also made it very clear that the court has no jurisdiction over such matters.

“The Supreme Court subsequently affirmed the position of the Appeal Court. So when my Lord assumed jurisdiction, even though it was obvious he lacked jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by slivertongue: 9:24am On May 14, 2023
Let me at this juncture tell the likes of Apapa, Onanuga and their cohorts that Labour party is a democratic institution and you don’t use coup d’ tat to grab leadership, you don’t use the back door to take over the leadership of the party.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Savedday2: 9:27am On May 14, 2023
According to LP constitution can Apapa be regarded as LP chairman?

Am not LP member, so I really want to understand from their constitution.

I'm really confuse about this their chairmanship wahalla

4 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Mindlog: 9:29am On May 14, 2023
Apapa comedy central.😂😂😂😂

8 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Mindlog: 9:31am On May 14, 2023
slashthroat:

Which "nuclear bombs' pass the ones APC have been aiming at Nigerians since 2015?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by JOemmy(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2023
Apapa should go back to his babalawo business no sane person will ever recognize such a weird character as labor party's chairman him and his gang are fighting unwinable war.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Dialpad: 10:05am On May 14, 2023
Is this not the same Abure caught forging documents

4 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Cherrybae(f): 10:11am On May 14, 2023
loosecanon50:
Even a blind, deaf and dumb man know Apapa is working for Tinubu and APShit to weaken PO chances at the tribunal.

Why can't we take responsibility for our problems.

What had Tinubu to do with the crisis in LP.

We keep creating enemies for Peter obi via our words and deeds.

We obedients made PO list the last election.

We must build bridges if we want obi to ever become a president.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by wolesmile(m): 10:14am On May 14, 2023
loosecanon50:
Even a blind, deaf and dumb man know Apapa is working for Tinubu and APShit to weaken PO chances at the tribunal.

We all know Apampa's recent actions has nothing to do with the incoming president Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Apampa, like Abure, is just trying to be at the forefront to eat his own cake too (like Abure who met him in the pary did) from whatever crumbs is left before the eventual collapse of the party.
If you still believe Obi/Labour Party has any strong case to overturn the result of the last presidential election, then you're as deluded as the rest of the Obi followers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by Gangster1ms: 10:18am On May 14, 2023
Hand go soon touch that hungry babalawo looking motherfucker

10 Likes

Re: Abure Fires Back At Apapa, Onanuga, Others by BossLA: 10:25am On May 14, 2023
slashthroat:
🤣🤣
To elect a drug pusher and boko haram founder🤣
Na now u go see the real bomb

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Saifura Ahmed Abducted In Borno, Threatens Leah Sharibu / Matthew Seiyefa Recalls Redeployed DSS Officers / Lauretta Onochie Reacts To Atiku's Orphan Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.