Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) (40244 Views)

Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by tete7000(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2023
christejames:
As Okowa wan comot naim he remember something called waterfront?

The project has been conceived over a year ago, they are just finalising the financing arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Zooposki(f): 10:51am On May 15, 2023
They should cite the project in Ndokwa East instead, to spread development all over Delta state. Asaba is already the capital.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2023
After wasting money for election campaign.

christejames:
As Okowa wan comot naim he remember something called waterfront?
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by itsene: 11:09am On May 15, 2023
endsarrrs:
Beautiful
... the project is to be financed...
You are seeing beautiful drawings, nothing on ground!
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2023
ogbenimax007:
grin poor man Lagos ASABA

Everything in Southwest begins and ends with Lagos...!

If I didn't know any better, I would actually believe there is no other state in the entire region!

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by JohnME1(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2023
wow so beautiful.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by omoluka: 11:13am On May 15, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Basic123: 11:21am On May 15, 2023
rummmy:
Anambra will follow soon.
Lagos must bow .
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Mumu people.
Lagos just GDP just added 20 billion dollars through dangote refinery.

Just get at least a 500 million dollars in that place and Anambra combined in 10yeaes first
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by showlove911(m): 11:23am On May 15, 2023
...Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.
... For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil....Eccl.12:13-14

Say...LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You were raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Armaggedon: 11:31am On May 15, 2023
Basic123:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Mumu people.
Lagos just GDP just added 20 billion dollars through dangote refinery.

Just get at least a 500 million dollars in that place and Anambra combined in 10yeaes first
how does dangote refinery not yet in use contribute to GDP?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by wink2015(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2023
This is misplaced priority.

Delta state government has not been able to invest in an Independent power system.

She is busy wasting public funds on frivolities.

River Niger flood when it comes with the rain will probably overflood the structures and they will know that it is just a waste of public money.

Warri seaport is not working and the Delta state government is not looking at the possibility of setting up their own working seaport.

They have ports at Burutu, Koko, Sapele and Warri and all these ports are just lying fallow.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by seeyounow: 11:43am On May 15, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Krublog(m): 12:13pm On May 15, 2023
rummmy:
Anambra will follow soon.
Lagos must bow .

Is the purpose to make Lagos now or to develop Asaba

Keep sounding like someone on crystal Meth...

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Invitationn: 12:29pm On May 15, 2023
Armaggedon:
why not poorman osun, oyo,Ogun or ekiti? Why always Lagos?

I'm sure there are more poor people in Lagos than Asaba both in absolute and percentage sense.
Yes… because the people that are supposed to be counted as poor in Asaba have ran to Lagos for greener pasture, ergo increasing the poverty counter in Lagos πŸ˜…
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by djon78(m): 12:51pm On May 15, 2023
horsepower102:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Gb-j39wTI

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/delta-govt-approves-devt-of-asaba-waterfront-earmarks-n1-1bn-as-compensation/amp/

Project Site: https://awcnigeria.com/

Nice one

I will surely invest in this City

I really love Asaba
Was there last year for 5 days
It was fun

And it's 15 to 20 minutes drive to my village in idemilli local government of Anambra State

Nice one
A great visionary initiative

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by djon78(m): 12:56pm On May 15, 2023
Zooposki:
They should cite the project in Ndokwa East instead, to spread development all over Delta state. Asaba is already the capital.

The location of Asaba and River Niger waterfront is the best

Modern latest upscale cities in Nigeria are built that way:

1Banana island and Eko Atlantic

So it's not bad at all

Also close to our villages for us from Anambra

Also close to a functioning airport
So it's a well thought out vision

Kudos to His Excellency Gov Ifeanyi Okowa for this!!!

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by djon78(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2023
itsene:

... the project is to be financed...
You are seeing beautiful drawings, nothing on ground!

As long as it's been thougt out and backed with a master plan
It's already done

That's how the Akwa ibom boy Richard that developed and built lekki gardens estate in Lagos started

The success of the first scheme led to many others

So it's good as done

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by djon78(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2023
wink2015:
This is misplaced priority.

Delta state government has not been able to invest in an Independent power system.

She is busy wasting public funds on frivolities.

River Niger flood when it comes with the rain will probably overflood the structures and they will know that it is just a waste of public money.

Warri seaport is not working and the Delta state government is not looking at the possibility of setting up their own working seaport.

They have ports at Burutu, Koko, Sapele and Warri and all these ports are just lying fallow.

Ifeanyi Okowa wants to favor his anioma people the Igbo speaking side

Governors from the warri side will do warri environment
After all ibori and uduaghan did a lot for warri side
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by OChimex: 1:13pm On May 15, 2023
horsepower102:
I hope this project will motivate anambra state government to do something for Onitsha too.

Of course. It should, not just Onitsha, the entire states that live along the riverbanks.
African leaders have been stupid and myopic for long to bring projects and programs that will bring development. Thieving and rascality have blinded them for so long.
This is a good news so that those wey dey abroad when they come back into the country, them no go dey rush Lekki, VI, banana island to buy house and properties.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by iyko22: 1:23pm On May 15, 2023
well, remember it's still in the same area we have the road crossing to Onitsha from Asaba and has never been flooded since its construction that vehicles can not pass to Onitsha, it's really a nice project if it will be a reality.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by NwekereNdoki: 1:40pm On May 15, 2023
Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by BloomingDale(f): 1:46pm On May 15, 2023
NwekereNdoki:
Igbo Amaka

Delta state is not an Igbo state. Asaba is the capital of Delta state. Delta state Amaka.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by warlordd(m): 1:59pm On May 15, 2023
ogbenimax007:
This reminds me of the novel 'Chike and the River' by Chinua Achebe.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by warlordd(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2023
Zooposki:
In terms of development, Asaba is still nothing to write home about.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by BloomingDale(f): 2:03pm On May 15, 2023
ogbenimax007:

Eko has been dead for several years now. Remain to bury am.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Basic123: 2:11pm On May 15, 2023
Armaggedon:
how does dangote refinery not yet in use contribute to GDP?

https://tribuneonlineng.com/dangote-refinery-to-boost-gdp-by-52bn-0-8-annually-%E2%80%95-edwin/

You will understand later
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Timetravel88: 2:34pm On May 15, 2023
BloomingDale:
Let all the big men from Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaw, Isoko and Anioma make this dream come true. It will benefit Delta state in the long run. If big men from Edo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River wan join, make una come o.

Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, other Northerners are invited too. No Fulani please.

See as you shamelessly divided Anioma from their Igbo relatives. Your mumu never do?
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Timetravel88: 2:36pm On May 15, 2023
BloomingDale:

Delta state is not an Igbo state. Asaba is the capital of Delta state. Delta state Amaka.

Well, Asaba (Ahaba) are proudly ndi Igbo, the indigenes have never denied their heritage.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Ofodirinwa: 2:51pm On May 15, 2023
Jalaw:

Did you say this about Eco Atlantic City in Lagos?
That the government instead spend the money to upgrade Ikotun, Ikorodu where people already live.

Be happy for development in other places apart from yours.

Yes I said this about Eko Atlantic, from when it was announced, to today where it's proven to be a useless money sink where rich people buy properties they don't live in because no rich person is homeless.

These fake planned cities are a plague on modern urban development. Dubai it's self is failing, why would any of it's faker imitations succeed. Meanwhile NY, Shanghai, Paris, London are ancient cities that are thriving. Why? Because a real city is grown by managing and improving what people already have built, rather than neglecting it and building a new 'economic city' every time a governor wants to fool people into thinking he has a plan.

If this succeeds the older part of Asaba becomes a slum. If it fails, it will be a bunch of houses nobody lives in an unrented shops, and anyone who owns property in Asaba (a real source of wealth) will see it's value decrease. These planned cities have failed every single time they're made. But who are we to learn from mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by ogbenimax007: 2:58pm On May 15, 2023
warlordd:

This reminds me of the novel 'Chike and the River' by Chinua Achebe.
yes you get me bro wink

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Armaggedon: 3:24pm On May 15, 2023
Basic123:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/dangote-refinery-to-boost-gdp-by-52bn-0-8-annually-%E2%80%95-edwin/

You will understand later
you didn't answer my question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra At Eve Of Christmas- Pictures / The Night View Of City Of Bauchi (Wambai Gate) / Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.