Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President (1323 Views)

VP's Wife, Nana Shettima Rejects Her Police ADC / Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President / INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by Ofunaofu: 8:58pm On May 14, 2023
The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, has kicked against the nomination of Godswill Akpabio as the next Senate President.

AYCF National President, Yerima Shettima, said the South East can produce a competent senate president.

Shettima urged the APC to encourage national unity by reviewing Akpabio’s nomination.

”The APC brought a zoning formula and came up with someone from Akwa Ibom and this character, we know him very well. Because it is a party politics, they want to put it to be superior, it is not done anywhere

”APC needs to encourage national unity by demonstrating it. Let them look and their position and review it clearly. They should look at the issue of bankruptcy, debt and agitation from every part of the country and insecurity. We are in a fragile situation, we cannot afford to collect more debt if not we are finished

”Although, I am of the view that the APC should reconsider positions. The South East is not helping themselves to be part of the national bureau. They need to be nationalistic in their approach.

”I am of the view that the government should encourage unity, we should carry our brother in the South East together,” he told DAILY POST.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/14/shettima-rejects-akpabio-says-south-east-can-produce-competent-senate-president/

1 Like

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by seunmsg(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2023
Yeah, south east should go and get their senate presidency from Yerima Shettima of AYCF. As for APC, Akpabio is the anointed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by LeoDeKing: 9:36pm On May 14, 2023
Shettima catching cruise. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by lonecatt(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2023
Unfortunately southeast is not interested in the senate president, orji kalu nor anyone from southeast seeking Senate president is on his own.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by magoo10(m): 9:43pm On May 14, 2023
Who senate president help

how did lawan being senate president help the people of yobe State. did it stop boko haram and bandits from decimating innocent lives or developing their region economically the answer no

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by Parachoko: 9:52pm On May 14, 2023
Asiwaju cnoice will become the Senate President

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Senator Kashim Shettima Mandate I Stand Gidigba

1 Share

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2023
Orji Kalu can end up Senate President by God's grace

LP, PDP, YPP, APC all behind him.

God send muslim-muslims back to hell
Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by EnEnPeecee: 10:20pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:
Yeah, south east should go and get their senate presidency from Yerima Shettima of AYCF. As for APC, Akpabio is the anointed.
this your job my brother e nor easy. You really dey try. Abeg remind me again how much is your pay when you comment on each post on NL? If is lucrative I fit join you ooo

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by tomiwakeem: 10:21pm On May 14, 2023
I hope the north not trying use southeast for excuse to reject asiwaju jagaban

1 Like

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by proeast(m): 10:23pm On May 14, 2023
Lol, the North is now suddenly preaching unity. I was shocked when I saw Shettima, the Boko Haram patron talking about national unity, now is ACF.

Anyways, the ship has already sailed. Buhari got away with his Bigotry and Tinubu felt he would too. Unfortunately for him, Nigeria is now at breaking point after 8 years of Buhari's maladministration. The economy is on the verge of collapse while ethnic bigotry is at all time high. That's the perfect recipe for conflagration, and they know it but the foolish drug lord is too desperate to understand.

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by Ubongikouwem: 10:29pm On May 14, 2023
Fake SHETTIMA rest
Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by Corn247: 10:35pm On May 14, 2023
Shettima is Free to say anything he likes but he can't dictate for the party. SS will produce the next SP and no Jupiter can change that.
Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:16pm On May 14, 2023
Reject akoabio to hell,reality is south east should be senate president to balance Nigeria govt,thank you Shettima for ya sincerity. angryJONATHAN IS SOUTHGSOUTH THEY HAVE DONE THEIR TUNE. angry
Re: Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President by Dicado: 11:37pm On May 14, 2023
You don't just pick just any person as your senate President because of where he hails from. You also need to consider if he's a stamp duty (do as I say) kinda person or someone who would fight you. So, viewing from things, right now at this very moment, it will be very hard for the South west to trust anyone from the southeast to do anything the president says.

(1) (Reply)

Should President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Reintroduce Python Dance In South East? / APC 2+2=? By David Hundeyin / Yoruba: The Ethnic Group That Rejected Their Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.