Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu (363 Views)

Tinubu Didn't Say 'Balablublu'. You Guys Used Internet To Form It - Orji Kalu / 2023: Labour Party Missing As INEC Publishes Lagos NASS Candidates / Ajimobi Congratulates Victorious NASS Candidates, Thanks Oyo People (2) (3) (4)

Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by Nemere2020: 7:21am On May 15, 2023
One of the favoured candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress for the post of Deputy Speaker in House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu, has denied they were handpicked by the camp of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu.

This was even as Kalu, who is the Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, promised to accept defeat and return to the floor of the chamber if he loses at the election.

His rebuttal is coming in the wake of allegations of nepotism by aggrieved aspirants, who also have their eyes fixated on the seat of Speaker in the 10th National Assembly.

The group of seven aggrieved aspirants in the race for the speakership, otherwise known as G-7, believed that Kalu was among the few unpopular candidates favoured by both the party and the President-elect for the leadership of the two chambers.

Reacting to the allegation, the Abia State lawmaker who featured on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ debunked the claims, saying Tinubu neither handpicked them nor made any demand of them.

He said, “The President-elect and VP-elect are also among major stakeholders of the party too. If a (major) decision is to be taken, it will be done in consultation with the stakeholders. But for you to say ‘handpicked’, I disagree. Bola Tinubu did not handpick anybody.

“They are not making any demand from us. We know our mandate. The Constitutional mandate is clear on the responsibility of the legislature. Nobody will tell us what to do. We understand the borderlines of the doctrine of separation of powers. And we will know that, though we understand that we are three arms of government, we are pursuing one objective.”

When asked what he would do if he loses at the National Assembly election, he hesitated.

When he eventually spoke, he admitted that though he was optimistic of clinching the seat, he would not be afraid of returning as floor members, if he loses.

He said, “What will I do if I lose? Honestly, I’ll continue being a parliamentarian. I’m already here. But I know I will not lose because the people are with us.”

While stating that they didn’t take the APC micro-zoning of the leadership positions for granted, Kalu announced that they have begun the process of consultation to woo the support of colleagues regardless of their political affiliations.

According to him, they already have the reassurances of over 250 lawmakers from the ruling party, the Peoples Democratic Party, Labour Party and other platforms in the House.

This is even as he boasted that his emergence and that of Kaduna lawmaker, Tajudeen Abbas, as consensus Speaker have further weakened the base of the coalition of members-elect otherwise known as the Greater Majority.

“We will not take it for granted that the ruling party has anointed us. What we are doing is deliberately taking steps towards making these lawmakers buy into the party’s position and ask them to look at what is being presented and the agitation from the people. I can assure you that we have the support of well over 250 Rep members across the major political parties.

“Forget about those that call themselves the ‘Greater Majority.’ Their strength has been weakened. This is because after the pronouncement, many of their members have seen reasons to align with the ruling party’s position. I can assure you that, in the next coming days, we will be witnessing the effect of the negotiations that we are having.

“Also, I will like to let you know that we have reached out to the aspirants who are agitating that they were shortchanged. They were 15 aspirants before they were later reduced to 10. From 10 aspirants to seven and now only about five remaining, which means we have been reaching out to them. But it is not by force. As I said, they have every right to aspire too. On the North Central (marginalization) question you raised, I am sure my party has a plan to accommodate them.”

https://punchng.com/nass-tinubu-didnt-handpick-apc-anointed-candidates-says-kalu/

Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 7:25am On May 15, 2023
Wether handpicked or leg-picked, A drug baron and serial looter will never be regarded as my president

Infact, Nigeria will be without a president from May 29th

That trash they called president-select will never be regarded as president to sane minds

We rise!
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by Gabbytony: 7:26am On May 15, 2023
We are watching as the drama unfolds
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 7:29am On May 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Wether handpicked or leg-picked, A drug baron and serial looter will never be regarded as my president
Wailer, you promised to deactivate. You even swore on your family's name that Tinubu will never win the election, first na primary, you wail go general, now you don accept am, but you no regard am! 🤣

Who cares if you no regard am, does that stop him from ruling you and your family for 4/8 yrs. Everywhere you enter na Tinubu portrait you go dey see, except you wan pluck your eyes out, and everywhere you go you must hear his name, or you wan still cut your ear, and anywhere you are you must feel his presence except you wan🔪➰ yourself!

Tinubu is your leader, and you or anybody In the world can't stop him. If you have a case against him, then go to Court and quit whining! 😝
E dey surprise me how you still get mouth to even talk for this forum after embarrassing yourself here. Well, no normal human take you serious na only the ones wey no dey fit think! 😄
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 7:30am On May 15, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Wailer, you promised to deactivate. You even swore on your family's name that Tinubu will never win the election, first na primary, you wail go general, now you don accept am, but you no regard am! 🤣
If you must come at me, come clean and not trying spew your usual trash for worthless "Likes"

Nigeria will be without a president after may 29th because that trash you called president select will never be regarded as president to sane minds
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 7:35am On May 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

If you must come at me, come clean and not trying spew your usual trash for worthless "Likes"

Nigeria will be without a president after may 29th because that trash you called president select will never be regarded as president to sane minds
When will you deactivate. Remember when you swore on your family's name that Tinubu won't win the election? 🤣
Keep dragging them in the mud here. Lol

Dem Neva born you or anyone to stop Tinubu inauguration. I don't accept"watch" because na that watch we do reach here, Tinubu don win election. Check Google, he's the president elect. Now you will keep wailing till you run out of tears. Trust you won't harm yourself on the inauguration day! 😝
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 7:42am On May 15, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

When will you deactivate. Remember when you swore on your family's name that Tinubu won't win the election? 🤣
Keep dragging them in the mud here. Lol

Dem Neva born you or anyone to stop Tinubu inauguration. I don't accept"watch" because na that watch we do reach here, Tinubu don win election. Check Google, he's the president elect. Now you will keep wailing till you run out of tears. Trust you won't harm yourself on the inauguration day! 😝
Tinubu won election according to you, but he's been the one begging everyone accept him. Does he need to beg anyone to accept and congratulate him if truly he was the peoples choice ?

Tinubu openly confessed on national TV that he knows that many Nigerians didn't vote for him. He lost his strong hold Lagos to Peter Obi, lost his state of origin, Osun state to Alhaji Atiku abubakar. He lost Abuja where he's base to Peter Obi and fought tooth and nail in Rivers state through Governor Nyesom Wike so win the state so how did he get the peoples vote if not true manipulation?

Nigerians know the truth and we strongly believe that Tinubu and his gangs rigged the election will surely be disgraced like his cousin governor of Osun state, gboyega Oyetola was disgraced in Osun ..
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by MRDEE01: 7:43am On May 15, 2023
I thought Tinubu anointed Akpabio for senate president?
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:44am On May 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Infact, Nigeria will be without a president from May 29th

That trash they called president-select will never be regarded as president to sane minds

We rise!

But what does your regarding change in the scheme of things

It has not stopped the 29th inuguration date

It would not stop tinubu from effecting policy that would affect you

You cry till tomorrow that obi is your president, it won't change the fact that he can't do jack as a bloody civilian
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 7:45am On May 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu won election according to you, but he's been the one begging everyone accept him. Does he need to beg anyone to accept and congratulate him if truly he was the peoples choice ?

Tinubu openly confessed on national TV that he knows that many Nigerians didn't vote for him. He lost his strong hold Lagos to Peter Obi, lost his state of origin, Osun state to Alhaji Atiku abubakar. He lost Abuja where he's base to Peter Obi and fought tooth and nail in Rivers state through Governor Nyesom Wike so win the state so how did he get the peoples vote if not true manipulation?

Nigerians know the truth and we strongly believe that Tinubu and his gangs rigged the election will surely be disgraced like his cousin governor of Osun state, gboyega Oyetola was disgraced in Osun ..
Na you em wan beg before. All these your useless propaganda no touch anywhere ok! 😝
Small boy, na by stronghold. Baba took the core north you are crying stronghold. Seriously you are still a kid abeg, you sound like one.

I repeat, there's nothing you can do about it. You go accept am as your God Las last! 😝
Re: Bola Tinubu Didn't Appoint 'anointed' NASS Candidates - Benjamin Kalu by id4sho(m): 7:47am On May 15, 2023
Damage control, Shettima said different things.

Soludo Hails Oye Over APGA 2 Buildings, N300m Cash Handover / NIS Seeks Court Order To Stop Fleeing Officials / OBIDIENT: If I Hear Pim Again About Fuel Subsidy.