Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

How Much Can I Pay This Driver? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Can I Pay This Driver? (935 Views)

What Advice Will You Give This Driver? / Should I Pay A Mechanic Who Tried To Fix My Car And Couldn't? / See How This Driver Got His Car Out Of The Mud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by hedonister: 1:24pm On May 15, 2023
So guys, I have a 2006 sienna that I started using for hire. I've driven it about 5 times now for hire and I noticed I was overwhelmed and have been very tired lately. So, I decided to get a driver to do the job while I pay him for it.

Now, i've resolved to pay him daily depending on the trip but don't know what is fair. I don't want to underpay him or overpay him so that we both don't lose.

So, I want help on what drivers are paid daily. I want to know how much i'll pay him if someone hires it for day and he closes by 6pm and how much if he drives to Ibadan and back for example.

Basically, I need help especially for those that are familiar with this line of work.

Thanks.
Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by hedonister: 5:41am On May 16, 2023
Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by hedonister: 1:03pm On May 16, 2023
Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by RoadMozart(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2023
I think you both should come to agreement on a price.
You give your price and you hear from him.

Will the maintenance be on him or you?
This is one of the few factors you have to consider as well before reeling out the car to him.

I want to send you an email
Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by hedonister: 2:16pm On May 16, 2023
RoadMozart:
I think you both should come to agreement on a price.
You give your price and you hear from him.

Will the maintenance be on him or you?
This is one of the few factors you have to consider as well before reeling out the car to him.

I want to send you an email
I'll handle everything about repairs. His job is just to drive my clients around.

You can use the Nairaland tool on my profile to send me an email.
Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by RoadMozart(m): 2:18pm On May 16, 2023
hedonister:

I'll handle everything about repairs. His job is just to drive my clients around.

You can use the Nairaland tool on my profile to send me an email.
You can do it on percentage basis.

I'm available tho. As a freelance driver
Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by b4ball: 9:55pm On May 16, 2023
Such biz are usually divided by 3. I.e proceeds divided into 3 equal parts after subtraction of fuel being the raw material in this case.
Part 1 for owner
Part 2 for owner(earmarked for maintenance)
Part 3 for driver.

All maintenance strictly on owner.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Pay This Driver? by hedonister: 6:42am On May 19, 2023
b4ball:
Such biz are usually divided by 3. I.e proceeds divided into 3 equal parts after subtraction of fuel being the raw material in this case.
Part 1 for owner
Part 2 for owner(earmarked for maintenance)
Part 3 for driver.

All maintenance strictly on owner.
This makes perfect sense. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Go For Belgium Shocks Absorber Or new one? / Infiniti QX4 2003 / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.