Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend (31644 Views)

Saint Obi's Obituary: To Be Buried On August 18 / You're A Legend And Not Getting Any Younger If You Know These Movie Scenes / Review Of Namaste Wahala: A Nollywood - Bollywood Movie (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Angrygoat: 11:11am On May 16, 2023
Me na Jason Statham,and all other hard core uk actors. Na dstv 10k sub no make me dey watch recent movies again dstv na scam I don order free to air dish,by weekend,i go install am.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by XtraFortunes: 11:16am On May 16, 2023
midehi2:
Directors, the like of Chico Ejiro, Teco Benson and one other guy again, he's late too, their movies were top notch, not what we see now, mtcheeeww

Zeb Ejiro
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Juniorangel(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2023
Where is Narrow Escape

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2023
festacman:
Saint Obi was having a flourishing acting career until his desire to marry a financially strong woman led him to marry one stone-hearted woman who was senior executive in telecom industry and who happens to come from a wealthy family. At the end of the day, money Saint Obi no see. Rather, having fathered some children, Saint Obi was thrown out of his home and his children taken far away from him. Consequently, Saint Obi's fight against this woman and her strong family took a toll on him and the rest is history.

I don't know why his friends are speaking in parables instead of saying things as they are to honour his memory.

Lesson: Sometimes, money is not everything.

May his soul rest in peace, Amen.
Are u for real sir? Pls tell us more of what we don't know
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by midehi2(f): 11:20am On May 16, 2023
Maobichek:

Teco Benson!!! When Nollywood was Nollywood.
Whenever I see movie directed by Teco Benson, that movie must not pass me by

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Nathandics: 11:20am On May 16, 2023
Narrow escape
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by olaniyilukman(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2023
The list is not complete without “SENSATIONAL SPY” 2004 , very interesting and full of action packed
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by greencard: 11:25am On May 16, 2023
saintkel:
There's one movie I love him for.....can't remember d name....he was a Priest n his father, Pete Edochie was an occultic man
karashika?
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Octopusssy(f): 11:36am On May 16, 2023
Kobicove:

Na which one be Robert Lungren?

The one we know is Dolph Lundgren grin
LMAAAAOOOO!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by EnEnPeecee: 11:41am On May 16, 2023
Festival of fire
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by babajero(m): 11:43am On May 16, 2023
festacman:
Saint Obi was having a flourishing acting career until his desire to marry a financially strong woman led him to marry one stone-hearted woman who was senior executive in telecom industry and who happens to come from a wealthy family. At the end of the day, money Saint Obi no see. Rather, having fathered some children, Saint Obi was thrown out of his home and his children taken far away from him. Consequently, Saint Obi's fight against this woman and her strong family took a toll on him and the rest is history.

I don't know why his friends are speaking in parables instead of saying things as they are to honour his memory.

The mistake he made is fighting for the children, what he would have done is to leave the children and focus more on his career, with more success and money the children would definitely come looking for him in the future.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:43am On May 16, 2023
He was a legend in the movies,Oracle, The Covenant,Benita, The Armadas.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by egojeny1(f): 11:43am On May 16, 2023
State of Emergency was something else

Other nice movies he featured in;
Take me to Mama
Royal Palace
Narrow Escape
The Last Party
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by FunkeAyorinde: 11:47am On May 16, 2023
Abeg where can I watch these movies again?
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by EmmaLege: 11:47am On May 16, 2023
kiss kiss kiss
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by lalalista: 11:49am On May 16, 2023
festacman:

no wonder he went all quiet and silent all these years. so he was depressed. all these man that are always after rich women, they don't always have a say in their home. even the money, they don't see
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by bonnyhope: 11:54am On May 16, 2023
festacman:

I can say he met evil woman with money

Some rich women can be nice sha...

RIP to the legend
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Ikem11(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2023
Where the hell is "final whistle"?

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Honeydenz(f): 11:59am On May 16, 2023
midehi2:
Directors, the like of Chico Ejiro, Teco Benson and one other guy again, he's late too, their movies were top notch, not what we see now, mtcheeeww
Yeah you re right, the other guy is chidi chikere, nuella njibigbo's husband. The guy is so good,chidi is alive just that he's now feeling big and enjoying the US, I don't think he still make movies

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by ogbe88(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2023
Reportupdate:
Saint Obi has a packed filmography, but these films stand out the most for us.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3CokE2iEzc

On May 13, 2023, the news of the death of veteran actor, Saint Obi, whose real name is Obinna Nwafor, swept across the entertainment landscape.

Since his demise, many have taken to social media to express their condolences to the family and share their feelings of grief. Despite the loss, Obi's legacy lives on in his art, where he poured his heart and soul into his creations.

The actor, who was a successful on-screen legend, made childhood for many of us notable by presenting eccentric performances whenever he had the chance.

Known as the action movie star of his era, he was born on November 16, 1965, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Obi began his acting career in the late 1990s and quickly became a household name due to his exceptional talent and good looks.

Before his demise, he appeared in numerous Nollywood films, but here are five of the most notable films that made him a force to be remembered forever.

1. Candle Light (1998)
Saint Obi's breakthrough role came in the film Candle Light, directed by Chico Ejiro. The film featured the actor star as one of the male leads alongside other talents but he shines through, earning him a spot in other movies. The film was a massive success and is still considered a classic in Nollywood.

2. State of Emergency (2000)
Saint Obi appeared in the film State of Emergency, which Teco Benson directed. It is a Nigerian action movie about vengeful former soldiers who hold government ministers hostage for a set of demands. Obi's performance in the film earned him more acclaim and helped solidify his status as a leading actor in Nollywood.

3. Sakobi, the Serpent Girl (2001)
The movie stars Obi and Susan Patrick, with direction by Zeb Ejiro. The plot revolves around a man named Francis, who is punished with a short lifespan of wealth after a plot to use his daughter as a ritual sacrifice fails. He also falls in love with a snake girl named Sakobi who turns his life upside down.

4. Wanted Alive (2001)
In the 2001 movie directed by Chico Ejiro, Obi plays the leader of a criminal gang who's trying to get out of a life of crime. The film stars other action stars like Hanks Anuku, Jerry Amilo, Paul Obazele, Emeka Enyiocha, and Tuvi James. It is also one of the many films that made the audience fall in love with the Nigerian James Bond, Saint Obi.

5.Festival of Fire (2002)
The on-screen legend also showcased his talent in this all-time classic directed by Chico Ejiro. The movie tells the story of a village that sacrificed human beings until the involvement of the church and Christianity.

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/movies/5-films-that-made-saint-obi-an-on-screen-legend/gwttspp?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pulsenigeria247_profile
Don't also forget the movie Oracle(1998) it also has stars like, Pete Edochie, Charles Okafor, Segun Arinze amongst others.

R.I.P Saint Obi.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by ThierryJay: 12:09pm On May 16, 2023
saintkel:
There's one movie I love him for.....can't remember d name....he was a Priest n his father, Pete Edochie was an occultic man

Narrow Escape

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by ogbe88(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2023
Angelfrost:
Easily the most versatile actor Nollywood ever produced in their history

Nollywood talent pool seems to have dried up since a decade ago!

The quality of screenplay and production have largely evolved and improved, but the quality of acting failed to keep up!
True, the guy tried.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:

how verifiable is this story...omo if true this can reck any Man... Emotionally and otherwise
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by sajb(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2023
saintkel:

Narrow Escape
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Excalante(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2023
Final whistle was dope...
You will be greatly missed rest on legend

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by ClarkBrent: 12:12pm On May 16, 2023
Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones With Mic

1 Share

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by VinnyBaba: 12:13pm On May 16, 2023
The Information in this article are Mostly FALSE. sad

Sakobi was a 1998 movie!
Festival of Fire was in the year 2000. undecided

Then how can we Forget NARROW ESCAPE, where he was a Rev.Fr and Nkem Owoh acted as a Drunkard
'I will take you to the Bending Corner and give you the Anointing Oil'. 😊😄😄
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by VinnyBaba: 12:17pm On May 16, 2023
ogbe88:
Don't also forget the movie Oracle(1998) it also has stars like, Pete Edochie, Charles Okafor, Segun Arinze amongst others.

R.I.P Saint Obi.

Segun Arinze was not in this movie.

It was St.Obi, Charles Okafor and Ejike Asiegbu + a White man. smiley
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by sirchim(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2023
midehi2:
Am telling you, TECO Benson was just a bomb shell. He is just good, I can't forget his movie "BROAD DAY LIGHT."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by ogbe88(m): 12:22pm On May 16, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Segun Arinze was not in this movie.

It was St.Obi, Charles Okafor and Ejike Asiegbu + a White man. smiley
Don't argue what u don't know/sure of, they where part of the robbers that attacked some buses at the opening scenes, even Emeka Ike was there too.

At the time he (Segun) was the head of the gang of robbers, when he died in the shoot out with the police, Saint Obi became the leader.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by VinnyBaba: 12:32pm On May 16, 2023
BrutusOj:
Is Desperado one of his movies too? Back in the days when Bollywood movies were action packed. Now, it's love love..

Desperado is Hanks anuku and Chidi Mokeme. Both were Armed Robbers!

But Hanks Anuku raped Mokeme's sister and in the process, his Neck chain fell off unknowingly. smiley

Mokeme later came in, saw it and went on a Furious Revenge!🤨

3 Likes

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by sniperr007(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:

Are you sure about the story of his marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija: A Vehicle Of Lust And Sexual Temptation / Whitemoney, Liquorose, Queen, Saskay, Jackie B, Jaypaul, Saga Up For Eviction / Bbnaija: Tboss, Debbie-rise, Bally And Marvis Nominated For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.