Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed (18941 Views)

Datti Baba-Ahmed: Confusion Over Peter Obi's Running Mate’s Age / Datti Baba-Ahmed Unveiled As Labour Party VP Candidate / ACF Tackles Akeredolu On Southern Presidency, Says Constitution Must Prevail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Newton2024: 9:37pm On May 15, 2023
Nigeria’s constitution must be followed to the letter in electing president - Datti
Vice Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, has said that Nigeria’s constitution must be followed to the letter in electing president.

Datti, who spoke on Monday at a conference organised by the Coalition of Nigerians living in the United Kingdom with theme; “Nigeria on Trial: Does Democracy Matter”? which took place in London on Monday, said democracy must be practised to the letter and that without adherenc to the constitution, there would be no democracy.

“I believe in democracy, I don’t believe in dictatorship and what I believed in more is that democracy must be practiced well? What is democracy? It is not an arbitrary act of government. What is democracy? It is the constitution and without it, you simply do not have democracy.

“The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is different from the Electoral Act. I am speaking about ‘We, the people’. I am speaking about the supremacy of the constitution. I am speaking about how the constitution provides that the judiciary, the armed forces, the police and the National Assembly must exist.

“I am speaking about a constitution which says what must happen before there can be a validly elected president. I am here to encourage your sense of nationalism. I don’t have much to say as you very well know that the very little that i have said has rattled the system. So, out of respect for those who have advised before now, i won’t say much.

“Democracy belongs to the people who can pratice it and the dividends of democracy belongs to the people who can extract it. Struggling to practice democracy very healthy. I am speaking in general terms so that no minister will fly to New York and make allegations against me,” he said.
https://sunnewsonline.com/nigerias-constitution-must-be-followed-to-the-letter-in-electing-president-datti/?amp

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 9:40pm On May 15, 2023
When u hear these guys talk, u begin to wonder if they satisfied the requirements to be named winner or qualify for a rerun.
Out of 3 criteria, LP fulfilled only one, PDP fulfilled only one.
But LP believe the constitution should be followed to the latter, we are following the constitution that's why u are not named the winner.

146 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by nwadiuko1(m): 9:44pm On May 15, 2023
JagabanBorgu:
When u hear these guys talk, u begin to wonder if they satisfied the requirements to be named winner or qualify for a rerun.
But LP believe the constitution should be followed to the latter, we are following the constitution that's why u are not named the winner.
APC fulfilled how many?

218 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by BlackAdams007: 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
This man is seriously mean, and he's right 👍

No hard feelings🤗 Please contact me for your Academic assignments, chat up on WhatsApp- see number on my signature below 👇

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Newton2024: 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
JagabanBorgu:
I think he is referring to APC/Tinubu's election rigging, lack of required 25% of FCT votes among others. These are against the constitution.

238 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Ofunaofu: 9:52pm On May 15, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

When the real valid votes are counted and deducted from what the APC claim to have garnered, you will find out that the APC fulfilled non of the requirements to be named winner

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by drmikeadams(m): 10:00pm On May 15, 2023
nwadiuko1:
APC fulfilled how many?
.they fulfilled thuggery..

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:01pm On May 15, 2023
APC is practicing democrazy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Vischy: 10:03pm On May 15, 2023
JagabanBorgu:
I don't know why you guys always vote for bad leaders from buhari to tinubu.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by drlateef: 10:04pm On May 15, 2023
Newton2024:
Nigeria’s constitution must be followed to the letter in electing president - Datti
https://sunnewsonline.com/nigerias-constitution-must-be-followed-to-the-letter-in-electing-president-datti/?amp

So who will follow the constitution? Is it Datti Baba Ahmed that is saddled with that responsibility. This wailer will soon find himself in detention. Mark my word.

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by drlateef: 10:07pm On May 15, 2023
Newton2024:
I think he is referring to APC/Tinubu's election rigging, lack of required 25% of FCT votes among others. These are against the constitution.

Whose job is to interpret that? Why are they in court? What does the constitution say if a person is declared winner, even if others are contesting it? When he rigged election in Bornu state as senator, was that constitutional to rig election? Was he not sworn in and enjoyed the stolen mandate for one year before he was booted out by the court? Yeye dey smell!!!

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by BRIMBRAM: 10:12pm On May 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

When the real valid votes are counted and deducted from what the APC claim to have garnered, you will find out that the APC fulfilled non of the requirements to be named winner

grin hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:13pm On May 15, 2023
Vischy:

But Obi is a good leader in your eyes?
If Tinubu is a bàd lèàder and Obi a good leader, Obi will be living in Anambra not hiding under Tinubu in Lagos.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by BRIMBRAM: 10:14pm On May 15, 2023
Vischy:

Every government favours some people and doesn't favour some other people. In actual sense, that is nature's configuration of distribution of wealth. Sorry!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:14pm On May 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

When the real votes are counted, u will realize Obi didn't get 3 million votes before dreaming about winning.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:15pm On May 15, 2023
Newton2024:
He is not referring to LP/Obi not getting 25% in 24 states?
He is not referring to Obi not getting the highest number of votes?
Hanging onto 25% in Abuja as a life line wón't bring them to power.
They don't even qualify for a rerun.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:16pm On May 15, 2023
nwadiuko1:
APC fulfilled how many?
U know the answer already iff u know the criteria we are talking about.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Ofunaofu: 10:17pm On May 15, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

When the real votes are counted, u will realize Obi Tinubu didn't get 3 million votes before dreaming about winning.

Fixed

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:18pm On May 15, 2023
Vischy:

And to actually tell u the extent u Obi's followers go to Iiè is baffling, those are two different women in that pix, there was no "next level" in 2015.
Yet ur pix u posted is saying "next level" in 2015.
Make una grow up.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:20pm On May 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Fixed
When u are done cancelling, u will come and back and face reality of 29th May.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Dubetex96(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2023
[quote author=nwadiuko1 post=123157857] APC fulfilled how many?[/quote

Grab it !!! snatch it !!! and run away

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Depriest2020: 10:24pm On May 15, 2023
I love his tenacity, his desire for rule of law. His passion for due process.

He is fearless in the face of pack of wolves.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Ofunaofu: 10:26pm On May 15, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

When u are done cancelling, u will come and back and face reality of 29th May.

What is the reality

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Okoroawusa: 10:28pm On May 15, 2023
Nigeria is very funny gan...a country where people that came 3rd are organizing conferences and those that came 2nd just siddon dey look

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:40pm On May 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

What is the reality
You will soon find out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by JagabanBorgu: 10:41pm On May 15, 2023
Depriest2020:

But he was removed for riggîng election as senator.
Where was his desire for rule of law and passion for due process?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by YouandiAllofus: 10:49pm On May 15, 2023
There is no excuse for breaking the law.
Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Throwback: 10:54pm On May 15, 2023
This genocidist that would soon be declared wanted by the international criminal court?

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Enice(m): 11:08pm On May 15, 2023
Depriest2020:

He is a fool that lack any ability to have sense. The case is in court and he is among the petitioners. He should leave it at that and not preempt the judiciary. If it was Tinubu or Shetima that was going round saying they won the election people would have been protesting.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed by Peacemaker5129(f): 10:38am On May 16, 2023
Be running your mouth like Nnamdi Kanu
You will soon join him eating pepperless saltless watery beans

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans / Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars / Government Completes 22MW Ajaokuta Power Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.