Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) (34338 Views)

Registered Kia Cerato 2011 Model..good For Uber...buy N Drive...price 1.4m... / Bentley Continental, Porche Panamera, Camero, Jaguar XJ 2011 Which Is Better / Nigerian Used Kia Cerato 2011-2012 For Quick Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by skywalker240(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2023
Younghacka:
More Pics Of The Honda CR-V
The CR-V should be the one that suits, as it's reliably rugged plus cheaper and available parts. But it is too cost for that price for a Nigerian used, 700 or 800 would have been reasonable unless it's first grade used, (I mean bought tokunbo and used for several months) of which at that price it could still be negotiated depending on your bargaining power.

It's a Nigerian used vehicle, it would be advisable to go with a diagnosis technician ( I prefer them instead of those mechanics)

Best of luck
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2023
skywalker240:

The CR-V should be the one that suits, as it's reliably rugged plus cheaper and available parts. But it is too cost for that price for a Nigerian used, 700 or 800 would have been reasonable unless it's first grade used, (I mean bought tokunbo and used for several months) of which at that price it could still be negotiated depending on your bargaining power.

It's a Nigerian used vehicle, it would be advisable to go with a diagnosis technician ( I prefer them instead of those mechanics)

Best of luck
I'll Be Going With The Man's Trusted Mechanic, The Guy Said It 1m Or No Deal.
Do You Advise I Take It? The Car Is Looking Neat Tho. . .
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2023
t2luv1:

No Brainer go for the Honda simple reason timing chain. Kia has high maintenance

Ok. . . I'm Just Concerned About The Year '1999' Model. . . Will The Engine Still Be Okay?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2023
coputa:
The two cars are a NO,NO,for a pensioner, those twó cars are problematic cars without second hand value.A pensioner should buy a car that will offer him rest of mind.

Most pensioners go for TOYOTA brands and not problematic cars like Kia,Honda,Mazda, Mitsubishi and the rest.
Most Toyota Models Are Way Above His Budget Of Around 1m. . . Do You Any In Mind That Will Go For That Price?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:35pm On May 16, 2023
Joshlinks:

The CR-V should be a good buy considering maintenance and easy access to parts of the car compared to the Kia. Honda parts are relatively cheap compared to Rio and still have better resell value.
Noted. . . THANKS.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:38pm On May 16, 2023
Nice2023:

And I have a clean CRV that I want to sell around Dec. And I am not in a haste though.

When I say clean,I mean very clean first colour and driven by me.

1.5million or a little less...indomie intact,fuel economy is fantastic,A.C working.

That is the picture below.
The Man Needs The Motor Like Yesterday. . . Before Money Go Miss Road.
If U Will Sell Now Please Email Me Your Contact At Wisdomgbaranbiri@gmail.com.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2023
ogmask:

You have 12yrs between both cars, right? That should tell you something my brother.
Consider what age would have done to the structural integrity of both cars. Every other thing can be fixed from engine to suspension.
In my opinion, Go for the Kia cos of the age difference.
That Was My Thoughts Initially But With The Comments So Far About The Low Maintenance Cost And Efficiency Of The Cr-v. . . I'm seriously Considering Going For The Honda.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Nice2023(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2023
Younghacka:

The Man Needs The Motor Like Yesterday. . . Before Money Go Miss Road.
If U Will Sell Now Please Email Me Your Contact At Wisdomgbaranbiri@gmail.com.

The reason I mentioned Dec,was because I want to use it this Dec to travel to my village after which I will sell it.

Since he can't wait till then,u can go ahead with ur present transaction.

But CRV is great.

Good luck to the elder man.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2023
DJInfluence:
Honestly, don't touch that CRV. True it's a more reliable car. But note, the car in question is 24 years old. And you said it's for a pensioner. So unless you want him to spend his pension repairing that car, keep off it. There's no amount of durability that will prevent the issues that car will have especially because it's Nigeria driven already. Worst part, it's overpriced. 500k should be the max.
Now I'm Confused. . .The Comment I've Seen So Far Have Beem Mostly Advicing I Go For The Honda.
So Whats Your Advice?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Princelyon247(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2023
Kia is better
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:47pm On May 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:
.. Tell the old papa to transfer the money to my account on Saturday. I have 10 sure odd I need to bet. On Monday I transfer 5m to him to get good car
There Is Nothing Like Sure Odd For This Life Wey We Dey Upon. . .
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Musty4ahmed1: 3:47pm On May 16, 2023
Get a good Toyota Camry 1999-2001 a.k.a pencil light or fish light. That car is very reliable and hardly break down, for a pensioner, that's his best bet. But a good one should be around 1.2m above.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by skywalker240(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2023
Younghacka:

I'll Be Going With The Man's Trusted Mechanic, The Guy Said It 1m Or No Deal.
Do You Advise I Take It? The Car Is Looking Neat Tho. . .
It's not the end of the world if you would, but you have to be sure of what you are buying

If the mechanic is a trusted one that knows his onions, then it's not bad.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Sirchiboy: 3:48pm On May 16, 2023
Younghacka:

There Is Nothing Like Sure Odd For This Life Wey We Dey Upon. . .
Are you sending the money on Saturday or not?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2023
Chairman, you got all this car price from Jiji and there are so many cars on that platform that is good for Pensioner like Okerejuowo (Toyota corolla 2000-2002 model) but your variety of choice CRV & KIA. I stand with CRV but is very expensive or your own cut has been added if no look for better offer again that same platform.
Younghacka:
I Am Asking For A Close Relative Who Is A Pensioner, I Have Seen These Two That Are His Top Choice.
He Just Wants A Car That Will Give Him Peace Of Mind Because He Is Quite Aged.
NB: The Two Sellers Are Willing To Sell At The Rate Of #1,000,000.
Please Car Gurus Which Do You Recommend For An Elderly Man, Cos I Know Next To Nothing About Cars.
Attached Below Are The Pics Of The Cars In Question.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2023
kunle75:

That Honda is overly priced bro.

You can add small money and look for the one that follows this one you posted.
I bought this and used this car for 11yrs nothing serious untill I junked it in 2019.
The Kia generally are not easy for maintenance, the parts are not cheap at all,especially for a pensioner.
So You Are Advicing We Go For A More Recent Model Of The Cr-v?
His Budget Is What We Are Considering Tho. . . Do U Have Any Car In Mind That Can Go For Around That Price?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:54pm On May 16, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Just because Honda or Toyota vehicles are good and rugged for our roads doesn't mean you should jump on any of them you see.

I don't think this honda in this photo will be a good one for an elderly man. The picture says it all and I believe the owner is just looking for way to get rid of this vehicle.

Hondas are good, but stay away from this particular one in the photo you posted.
So What Do You Advice?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by MrBONE2(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2023
Mrbenny001:
New Keke far better than these 2 combine undecided

Yeah Bwana, and even Horse and Ox Carts are both better than Keke grin
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Then, go for the CRV.

The only issue you will have with the CRV is the bolt joints. It can pull out easily and it is not funny when it happens on the highway.

So, always ask the mechanic to check on it from time to time.

And it is not too expensive to maintain.
Thanks For Your Input.

1 Like

Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:56pm On May 16, 2023
vikstandon:

Go for Honda CRV
Thanks A Lot.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2023
Ephemzy1752:
The KIA is better and very strong I have used it before and the maintenance is not much......
Is It True That The Parts Are Expensive?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2023
Bloggz74:

Who compares a 1999 car with 2011 car?
Are we OK?
Hahaha. . . Person Wey Ask Question No Dey Miss Road. . . Besides Those Phones Of The Early 2000s, Them Nokia And Co Are More Reliable Than Some Chinko Android We Have Today. . . Thanks For Your Input.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Kubin: 4:00pm On May 16, 2023
Go for the Honda CR-V,car is very expensive now,1,000,000 is not bad for that crv ,the body and interior is owk I don't know about the engine, another thing is parts and maintenance,Honda parts is everywhere, compare to kia products,CRV 75%, kia 25% for me
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2023
rickleye:

I don’t care how good Honda is why would I buy a 24year old vehicle compared to a 10 year old.
I’ll take the Kia .
The milleage on Honda would be 999999 compared to about 333333 on the kia.
Thanks For Your Input. . . But I'm Concerned About The Manual Gear Of The Kia Cerato And Also I Heard It Parts Are Quite Expensive In Case Of Maintenance. . .
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:05pm On May 16, 2023
unclejb2:
that's a big plus rather. Manual gears are easier And cheaper to maintain. Even the direct Belgium parts of the honda in the market have all expired. If he buys that Honda, his mechanic would become his closest ally in the next six months
Is That So?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2023
prof22:
Let me start with a joke, so you want to collect better advise and carry my money go buy for another place, dont buy the two, they are bad grin now on a serious note, there is no peace of mind with that budget.*FACT* You said he is a pensioneer and he is old, if anything happen to that man na you kill am. Cars without peace of mind are more expensive than N1m. Tell him to be patient and be on the look out for 2000 corolla or an Honda Civic from direct owners, I doubt if they will sell for N1m but he may get lucky. And you mentioned Top choice, people without good budget should not have choice. Kia parts are expensive and scarce while the Honda is not looking healthy. Dont kill that elderly man, be patient and get him a small Corolla okerejowoe or even EOD.
I Know Say Toyota Na Be King But Nah Condition Make Crayfish Bend.
The Only Toyota I'm Seeing Around That Price Range Is Pencil Camry And That One Look Like Toy Car To Me. . .
Thanks Tho. Which One Is EOD?

1 Like

Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2023
jojothunder:
Please just zero your mind from Kia.
Why You Say So?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I will advise anybody buying a second-hand vehicle to stay away from automatic gearbox box
Automatic As In How?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2023
pikechukwu6:

Person no fit buy eh dream car in peace? grin grin
Corolla Wey I Dey See Nah 2m Upwards. . .
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2023
wwwkaycom:
Honda CRV especially that 2003 - 2006 model
Nah 1999 Model I See For That Price O.
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:20pm On May 16, 2023
kzpelumi:
KIA is OK but if its starts to develop fault is seems not so good.. But Honda CR-V is made to last forever, My uncle is still using his own for over 14years+ now and still counting..

I strongly recommend CR-V, It even have a better high-ground clearance.
Thanks For Your Input, Which Model Has Your Uncle Been Using?
Re: Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) by Younghacka(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2023
ednut1:
Kia doesn’t have second hand value. Parts are expensive and scarce
Are You Advicing That I Go For The Cr-v?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buy A Car And Pay In Monthly Installment Guide In Nigeria / Accidented Cars For Auction In USA / Why You Need A VIN / History Report From CarGuideNG Before You Buy Any Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.