Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,786 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private (42386 Views)

CALYX OS: Better Than Android And More Private Than IOS? / Brand New Locked Iphone 11 Pro Max For Sale / Awoof Sale!! 2 Units Of New Locked Iphone XR @ Cheap Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Iseoluwani: 4:29pm On May 17, 2023
Oloribukuru ni bobo sha

He just dey support cheating with styles

3 Likes

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Pipefitter: 4:29pm On May 17, 2023
Kudos
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by ItisWell22(f): 4:30pm On May 17, 2023
Greatzeus:
Many family have broken as a result of Whatsapp chats discovered by the husband on the wife's phone and those discovered by the wife on the husband's phone.
Now both cheating girlfriends,wives and husbands can cheat in peace without the other partner ever seeing the chats lol

Especially if it has to unlock by Face ID… 😂🤧

1 Like

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Sucre6: 4:31pm On May 17, 2023
Nairalander248:
Some Whatsapps platform has this feature before now...

Mark came late
GB whatsaap don get this feature since. grin

3 Likes

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by NaijaCover(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2023
Nice one
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Angelfrost(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2023
Well, the fact that there is something called "Locked Chats" displayed on your WhatsApp page will cause the exact same world war you are trying to avoid! tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by eventainment(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2023
It seems like WhatsApp is learning from GB WhatsApp

3 Likes

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by AngelicBeing: 4:36pm On May 17, 2023
sad
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by CaptainFM1: 4:41pm On May 17, 2023
NewDelhi:
Whatsapp be deceiving you people. They say they value privacy yet keep banning accounts after they must have read something they feel "inappropriate " in your chats.

They ban accounts after the account must have been reported for violating standard and etiquette rules. They often ask the reporter to send evidence of the chat, pics or messages.

For someone to report you, I suppose you are not welcomed by the person. Or the person doesn't know you nor want your friendship or communication.

1 Like

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by rowland545(m): 4:41pm On May 17, 2023
post=123194591:
For those interested in this.
Let some of us @ break thia down for you in layman's language and explain in simple terms how you can lock your chat.

Locking a chat on WhatsApp takes that thread out of your inbox and puts it behind its own folder that can only be accessed with your device’s password or biometric, like a fingerprint.
It also automatically hides the contents of that chat in notification.

You can lock a chat by tapping the name of a one-to-one or group and selecting the lock option.
To reveal these chats, slowly pull down on your inbox and enter your password or biometric.

It's as simple as that.
who ask you all this things?.... busy body
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Laple0541(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2023
Thanks Mark, this will really be helpful to me.
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by phr0nesis(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2023
I don't know how long this feature has been on GBwhatsapp, buy since 2018 when I started using it, locked chat has always been there. I'm shocked it took WhatsApp this long to have it

2 Likes

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by laiperi: 4:52pm On May 17, 2023
See bad bele

rowland545:
who ask you all this things?.... busy body
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by olisaEze(m): 4:54pm On May 17, 2023
They claim to have made chats more private. But if I talk about big bum-bum near my phone, all the adverts running across my SM accounts will suddenly start advertising dating & hook up sites! This ya private juju is wan kind, Oga! undecided

1 Like

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by President2001(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2023
The family and won't have rest until women desist in checking their husband phone, it brings backwardness and lack of trust and peace at home
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by jayAjoku(m): 4:56pm On May 17, 2023
Girls go use their boyfriend eye see shege with this one 😁😁😁

2 Likes

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Eriokanmi: 4:56pm On May 17, 2023
fredoooooo:
WhatsApp , Zuckerberg and America lock everything in Database .. they're seeing everything cheesy grin
I'm telling you
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by ONNYX: 5:04pm On May 17, 2023
post=123194591:
For those interested in this.
Let some of us @ break thia down for you in layman's language and explain in simple terms how you can lock your chat.

Locking a chat on WhatsApp takes that thread out of your inbox and puts it behind its own folder that can only be accessed with your device’s password or biometric, like a fingerprint.
It also automatically hides the contents of that chat in notification.

You can lock a chat by tapping the name of a one-to-one or group and selecting the lock option.
To reveal these chats, slowly pull down on your inbox and enter your password or biometric.

It's as simple as that.

This is amazing.

That you could be this useful is not something I could ever have imagined.

Bravo!

1 Like

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by tiswell(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2023
grin
ONNYX:

This is amazing.

That you could be this useful is not something I could ever have imagined.

Bravo!
Sav..agery! cheesy
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:12pm On May 17, 2023
Stupid , useless app that block an account (nos ) I have been using for close to 10 yrs for just no tangible reason!God punish them ! angry
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Freelancerr(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2023
I will teach anyone here how to clone anyone WhatsApp messages and read their chat directly on your phone.

Check my signature and text me so I will teach you.
Mind you! It's 1k for the training before we start.
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Chetas81(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
Greatzeus:
Many family have broken as a result of Whatsapp chats discovered by the husband on the wife's phone and those discovered by the wife on the husband's phone.
Now both cheating girlfriends,wives and husbands can cheat in peace without the other partner ever seeing the chats lol
this not worth it to be first priority
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by jaxxy(m): 5:25pm On May 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by bigiyaro(m): 5:26pm On May 17, 2023
Greatzeus:
lol....it will have the opposite effect, :Bea why did you lock this folder/chat?
:Bea open these chats.
: Why would this man/woman lock this chat? She is definitely hiding something....
Na dia suspicion go start and eventually ruin the relationship.
In other words, no problem was solved.

1 Like

Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by Nmezor(f): 5:41pm On May 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private by LtChisom: 5:49pm On May 17, 2023
Collinz2:
Aero WhatsApp is something else grin grin

Na the only thing keeping me still using WhatsApp,
I use aerowitter and Instagram too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade / Cubot Dinosaur 4g Lte, 3gb, 16gb, 5.5", 4150mah / Tecno Phantom A3 Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.