Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore (21885 Views)

Fela Kuti Police Officer / Atiku Not Seeking Foreign Funds, Says Campaign Organisation / This Is Why Nigeria Police Is Called OLOPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by BlackKafka: 3:36pm On May 16, 2023
Christistruth02:

That is too small

Let them Jail Seun for 2 years

Fela self go jail many times

Seun and others will learn that attacking Police is not a human right

As much as I want him jailed, the government wont do that: they cant risk creating an unnecessary martyr. But, He would certainly smell his yansh.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Menclothing: 3:45pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Someone had to be a scape goat, so why not Seun that was dumb enough to boast about slapping many policemen online because he is a son of the cannabis smoking junkie musician father.

That slap was uncalled for. I am on the side of the police on this one.

You call fela that name ?
Your generation now have never might ever attain fela records

The man who birth Afro beat
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by OKOATA(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:
First, Seun Kuti puts himself in the 'den' of police. He set himself up for this persecution. He had his 'cowboy' show on the road and now, the cops are having their shenanigans in their 'den'. They will test his patience and try to provoke him to behave violently to be recorded on video.

Second, Seun Kuti should remain calm and humble as long as this lasts because he badly needs this course in the University of Hard Knocks. He needs it to know the dangers of unnecessarily getting angry at the least provocation. Come to think of it, the more you watch that assault video, the more you think about what Seun Kuti's wife and domestic aides go through in his hand. Nothing justifies jumping out one's car and slapping and assaulting another person on the road because he bumped your car. Now imagine Seun Kuti bumping into your car and you getting out to slap and assault him like he did to that police officer. Seun no go gree until he has the last say.

Third, Seun Kuti often sounds too superficially hot-headed as a social critic. He has the Intellectual/philosophical content but his hot-headedness needs to be tempered. This travail will help him. The reality is that every true social radical tries to stand on the side of the law because being on the wrong side gives the government or the politicians you criticize the golden opportunity to cow you.

Fourth, he also needs to know that drug use can make you ride a tiger. Riding that tiger landed in the hot detention cell. This is an opportunity to learn.

3 Gbosa for you. Nice analysis.
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Teeklef(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

If a poor man did what Seun did. That police man would not have remained calm I hope you all know.

It is no more than what the reality of life is.
It's really about privileges. Some have it more than others.

Let me broaden your perspective. Had it been it wasn't Russia that invaded Ukraine you think the U.S that claim to be world police will sit down and be watching from afar?
Meaning America dare not find Russia trouble. Like I said earlier,shoe get sizešŸ˜‚
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Successkay12(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
He just wanted to revive his dead career by releasing a song like Portable when he's out.... But the question is "when will he be out"?

Falana a serial loser can't help him
Another leak condom products
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by lexy2014: 4:18pm On May 16, 2023
God1000:
Seun kuti has himself to blame, such behaviour should not be condoned.

Don't make trouble if you don't want problem

Seun kuti doesn't have himself to blame. Yes he did wrong but the police response has exposed them for what they are... psychotic bullies. They wear uniform and are given power by the people but choose to use that power to oppress the same who they are supposed to protect. In the end, the police will only end up proving nigerians right that the police don't deserve to wear that uniform
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by lexy2014: 4:19pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:
First, Seun Kuti puts himself in the 'den' of police. He set himself up for this persecution. He had his 'cowboy' show on the road and now, the cops are having their shenanigans in their 'den'. They will test his patience and try to provoke him to behave violently to be recorded on video.

Second, Seun Kuti should remain calm and humble as long as this lasts because he badly needs this course in the University of Hard Knocks. He needs it to know the dangers of unnecessarily getting angry at the least provocation. Come to think of it, the more you watch that assault video, the more you think about what Seun Kuti's wife and domestic aides go through in his hand. Nothing justifies jumping out one's car and slapping and assaulting another person on the road because he bumped your car. Now imagine Seun Kuti bumping into your car and you getting out to slap and assault him like he did to that police officer. Seun no go gree until he has the last say.

Third, Seun Kuti often sounds too superficially hot-headed as a social critic. He has the Intellectual/philosophical content but his hot-headedness needs to be tempered. This travail will help him. The reality is that every true social radical tries to stand on the side of the law because being on the wrong side gives the government or the politicians you criticize the golden opportunity to cow you.

Fourth, he also needs to know that drug use can make you ride a tiger. Riding that tiger landed in the hot detention cell. This is an opportunity to learn.

How does all this negate what Sowore said that the police aren't looking for justice for their colleague but revenge?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by gaddafe(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

The bolded means they are fighting illegally in Ukraine and why so?

You loss? Of course it's illegal. Did you not read the leak and the things it revealed. Although we already knew some of these things. The US are on ground fighting. Why did you think they abandoned the Afghanistan war?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by lexy2014: 4:22pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Someone had to be a scape goat, so why not Seun that was dumb enough to boast about slapping many policemen online because he is a son of the cannabis smoking junkie musician father.

That slap was uncalled for. I am on the side of the police on this one.

On which side is the police? Is it on the side of justice or the side of revenge?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Iluvmycontr3: 4:25pm On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
He should be used as a scapegoat. grin.

SecondedšŸ’ŖšŸ’Ŗ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by lexy2014: 4:26pm On May 16, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
We know Kuti is your fellow igbobian(weed smokers) but must you defend the atrocities of someone just because he is close to you. You who wants to be president is this how you want to be president of a country where police officers are constantly assaulted by people?
Iā€™m really beginning to dislike this Sowore

Did Sowore say that what Seun did was right?

How many times have policemen been assaulted by civilians? Pls compare that by the number of times civilians have been unlawfully assaulted by policemen?

What has happened to the policeman who killed a lady lawyer at ajah in front of her husband?

What happened to the another policeman from the same Ajiwe police station who killed a young lad a week before?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by yommen: 4:28pm On May 16, 2023
God1000:
Seun kuti has himself to blame, such behaviour should not be condoned.

Don't make trouble if you don't want problem

One thing I have come to understand about a society is that it mirrors itself in every system, virtually every individual and organisations. Nigeria is a society in shambles and you should never expect a system that operates under the Nigerian system to be any different: the police, water system, power sector, oil sector,... name it! Unfortunately, the average Nigerian is the one running these systems. So if those of us that are always condemning the police were to be police officers, we would probably be worse. Why? We are programmed to follow the corrupt trend. Even comments I read on Nairaland can be very myopic. I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by lexy2014: 4:28pm On May 16, 2023
Akpacha:
They should keep him for another 48 weeks, they have to detoxicate his system from weeds.

How many police men that have slapped civilians have been kept for 48hrs?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by TheBillyonaire: 4:32pm On May 16, 2023
Menclothing:

You call fela that name ?
Your generation now have never might ever attain fela records

The man who birth Afro beat

Fela was an Afrobeats maestro, yes. But he was also a cannabis junkie that died of AIDS. These are facts. So we will no longer tell truth because it is not pleasant to the sensitivity of Fela's worshippers?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Menclothing: 4:35pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Fela was an Afrobeats maestro, yes. But he was also a cannabis junkie that died of AIDS. These are facts. So we will no longer tell truth because it is not pleasant to the sensitivity of Fela's worshippers?

If you donā€™t have the sign medical report to prove this then check yourself

You know how many people AIDS have kill in your linage without any tangible things to life
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by BRIMBRAM: 4:36pm On May 16, 2023
gaddafe:

You loss? Of course it's illegal. Did you not read the leak and the things it revealed. Although we already knew some of these things. The US are on ground fighting. Why did you think they abandoned the Afghanistan war?

That's cowardice. I will like you to read articles, and books written by Noam Chomsky. The man spent most of his life projecting the United States for what it is.
A rogue state.

Further more, did you also slap the Police officer? My purpose of asking is to make you see is that if not, then by context of Seun's scenario. Your's is very different.
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Absuchat(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2023
Successkay12:

Another leak condom products
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

Customer don come
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Electorate: 5:04pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:

One of the very few sensible persons on nairaland has spoken and not the many that reason with their anus.

Nice talk bro.
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by nighthawk1: 5:18pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:

Nice šŸ‘ one
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by YoungWildFree: 5:23pm On May 16, 2023
saasala:
Its funny how hypocritical Nigerians are bashing Seun Kuti for the assault on the police man. You Nigerians, when will you have sense?

The Seun Kuti that should be celebrated as a national hero and have his giant statue placed at a strategic location in Abuja and Lagos for slapping a police man. The same police that have slapped you several times and abused you, lied on you and your sons and daughters, sent you to prison for something you know nothing about, abused you and turtute you. Beat you in the presence of your wife and children. The same police that will stop you on the road and throw igbo into your car and arrest you for it. Same police that will force you to open your phone, see your chat with your American

customer for a web design job and label you a Yahoo boy, then kill you while you were trying to prove your point.

You all come online to say "Can he try that in Europe or America" Are you nuts? how dare you say such nonsensical thing? Do American and Eurpean police men treat ordinary citizens like they do here in Nigeria?

One man out of the lot of you gathered the courage to slap some sense into the head of these mofos and you still come online to bash him. During endsars protests, youths came out en mass to burn police stations and murdered several police men and you hailed them as heroes but you are reprimanding Seun Kuti for slapping the same people. You bloody hypocrites.

Salute @Saasala.
Thanks for your introspection. The depth of your insight is outstanding. Thanks for the courage to speak your truth even though it is unpopular at the moment due to sentimental reasons.

For the Nigerian police, this should be a moment of reflection to change your evil and criminal ways of humiliating, bullying and demeaning innocent Nigerians. It is a teachable moment to change your ways and do better by the people- Seun kuti is the monster that you made.

I know the terrifying experience of NPF/police using their police van to violently bump my vehicle from the rear without provocation, damaging the vehicle in the process and putting the life of my entire family including my pregnant wife in danger. I was so shocked and shaken from narrowly escaping death for my entire family...

They drove away laughing at my misfortune and when I try to approach them, they corked their guns all the while taunting me, even though I did nothing to warrant such harrowing ordeal <believe me it was hell>. I felt so helpless and impotent as they drove away laughing at my misfortune and near death experience- a little bit of me died during he ordeal.

If not that, I have an overaching need to attend to my distressed pregnant wife, I would have have same confrontation with them. Given half the chance, I would have slap them too.

Now, I have PTSD and atavistic fear whenever I encounter them, even as a law abding citizen. Till date I do not have the courage to drive at night, especially, through police.check points.

BTW, it's just a matter of time, police breakfast be served again and again and everybody will chop breakfast.. and this post will be the "shebi I talk am"
I see videos of police brutality everyday on twitter. It's high time the police reflect on the monsters they made (and still making) before inviting unfortunate incidents, anarchy and chaos. It is just a matter of time.

Talmabout demoting violent criminal police officer without charging them to court to face justice. No handcuff, no mugshot, no court charges...
...in your beloved USA they do charge them to face the court of law, so don't bother me with the cliche poor American analogy.

Last Last,, everybody go.chop breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by GistFullGround: 5:31pm On May 16, 2023
Abeg, shut up, why can't you assault a policeman in the US? Don't you have a US citizenship? You guys feel too much of yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by nedekid: 5:33pm On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
He should be used as a scapegoat. Pepper am well, well. grin.
Who never mess up before? You? Me?
This is his trying time, one should be sympathetic with him and make sure it passes. Hopefully, he has learnt his lesson
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by nedu2000(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2023
Hasn't that always been the point?
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by schoolboymatt(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

If a poor man did what Seun did. That police man would not have remained calm I hope you all know.

It is no more than what the reality of life is.
It's really about privileges. Some have it more than others.

Let me broaden your perspective. Had it been it wasn't Russia that invaded Ukraine you think the U.S that claim to be world police will sit down and be watching from afar?

claim

hahaha
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by gaddafe(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

That's cowardice. I will like you to read articles, and books written by Noam Chomsky. The man spent most of his life projecting the United States for what it is.
A rogue state.

Further more, did you also slap the Police officer? My purpose of asking is to make you see is that if not, then by context of Seun's scenario. Your's is very different.

I did not slap the police. My case is different, but the point I was trying to raise is that if Seun had spoken in a calm manner, perhaps begged, the officer would have left him and settled easily just like the officer I encountered also resolved mine easily.
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by BRIMBRAM: 5:53pm On May 16, 2023
schoolboymatt:

claim

hahaha

cheesy
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by BRIMBRAM: 5:56pm On May 16, 2023
gaddafe:

I did not slap the police. My case is different, but the point I was trying to raise is that if Seun had spoken in a calm manner, perhaps begged, the officer would have left him and settled easily just like the officer I encountered also resolved mine easily.

Most likely.
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by Demurray: 5:58pm On May 16, 2023
Police wey ENSARS dissolution dey pain, you go yab am slap, Seun don enter hot soup, only Jaganban could save him.
Work dey pile somehow for ASIWAJU
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by TheBillyonaire: 6:00pm On May 16, 2023
Menclothing:

If you donā€™t have the sign medical report to prove this then check yourself

You know how many people AIDS have kill in your linage without any tangible things to life
Fela died of AIDs - Correct. Fela was a cannabis junkie - correct. Fela was an Afrobeats maestro-correct.
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by BENEAMATA: 6:08pm On May 16, 2023
Sahara reports unprofessionalism is brought forth once again and what that sowore bloke needs right now is to #shutitalready mr revolutionnow .Reading meanings to the police carrying out their duty by claiming vendetta on behalf of the kutis when one of them committed an assault on a uniformed person is nothing short of mischievious at the very least and coming from a so called journo .
The seun who broke the law has been charged to court , the oversabi should let court decides what will happen next . This type of unruly behaviour by seun brings back echoes of what led to the carnage at the kalakuta republic decades ago .Thank God two people did not lose their head at the scene of the assault .
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by saasala(m): 11:01pm On May 16, 2023
Laple0541:

You are so dumb

Your lack the ability to think deep. You bloody hypocrite. I don't have your time
Re: Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore by saasala(m): 11:01pm On May 16, 2023
Fiscus105:

I pity people around u, if u have married. May God give ur wife enough wisdom and patient to leave with a madman.

[b][/b] In a sane society, anybody that offended must face justice, drug addict like u, that you are ranting because of him, always wailing on slightest opportunity about leadership flaws from papa Awolowo to the present time, how they have turned Nigeria to banana republic.

Meanwhile, in a sane clime that he himself is wailing that we should have, they dnt slap anybody anyhow in such society not even a uniform man.

Your lack the ability to think deep. You bloody hypocrite. I don't have your time. I just confirmed how highly foolish you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeriaā€™s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs / "I Will Never Contest Against Buhari" ā€” Tinubu / Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.