Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads (2850 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / 3rd Mainland Bridge To Be Closed For Repairs From July 1st - Nov 6th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by aloyemeka1: 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Rep seeks N800bn lifeline for federal roads[/size]
on SEPTEMBER 26, 2011 · in NEWS

By LEKE ADESERI, South-West Regional Editor
LAGOS—Federal House of Representatives has started addressing the terrible state of federal roads nationwide.

Towards this end, Speaker of the House, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, has referred a  motion on the important issue to the House Committee on Works for proper harmonisation and report back to it.

Kick-starting the debate on the need for the House to address the sufferings of Nigerians who use the roads,  Hon. Sunday Steve Karimi, representing Yagba Federal Constituency of Kogi State, made a case for a Special Intervention Fund in a motion of urgent national importance moved on the floor of the chamber last Wednesday.

He said there must be an urgent move for the creation of an N800 billion Special Intervention Fund to be injected into the reconstruction, expansion and maintenance of the roads, as a way out of the terrible road situation in the country.

He said: “The special fund will be managed by a Special Task Force to be instituted by the President of the Federal Republic.”

The lawmaker lamented the inability of the Federal Road Maintenance Agency,FERMA, to adequately address the challenges posed by the enormity of work the agency is saddled with all over the country.

He said the condition of the roads have gone beyond the palliative measures being embarked upon by FERMA as the roads need total re-construction with full expansion.

“The House notes with concern, the continuous and the embarrassing rate at which the network of roads linking all parts of the country have turned today. This trend has assumed a dimension, which to my mind, this chamber can no longer continue to ignore and I believe we must rise up to this challenge as representatives of our people.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/rep-seeks-n800bn-lifeline-for-federal-roads/
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by aloyemeka1: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2011

See Naija roads o. God help us.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by stepo707: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2011
the funny thing is that someone will still pocket the 800bn, that road there is surely a death trap
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2011
Kai!!! There is norrin good as politics, Am sure N750BN in it would be shared among themselves cry
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by horny4u(f): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2011
stepo707:

the funny thing is that someone will still pocket the 800bn, that road there is surely a death trap

Park well please grin grin grin grin grin

Please I construct roads oh and I am immediately available too, [s]N800BN   will i not pack come house so[/s]

If you  require a road constructor in stilettos.

I hail 9ja.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by ADJACENT: 10:26am On Sep 27, 2011
omo they don come again ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 800b, tomorrow they go tell us say monkey go yankeeeee e neve return, naija pple i dey hail oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! make i go drink beer
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Olaone1: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2011
800billion?

London Estate agents are waiting
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by room702(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2011
i be highways civil engineer with a degree and i wan work for naija oh. i pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful loyal and honest and to serve Nigeria with all my strength,
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by mystikal(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2011
oh men! see road
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by aloyemeka1: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2011

For sure, this Hondo dipped inside the mud like that will have its transmission flushed or it will quench in no distant time.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Revolutnz: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2011
na wa o lipsrsealed undecided angry cry
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by sley4life(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
damn, so this is a federal road?
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by badmrkt(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
another avenue were tax payers money will pass through to GOD knows where.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Orokita(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
MTSCHEEEEW! NA ONLY GOD GO PUNISH DEM WITH DIS KAIN MONEY WEY DEM WAN BURY SOOOOOOOOOO! IMAGINE THESE DUDES MAKING MONEY OFF OUR MISERY? SEE MONEY
Kick-starting the debate on the need for the House to address the sufferings of Nigerians who use the roads, Hon. Sunday Steve Karimi, representing Yagba Federal Constituency of Kogi State, made a case for a Special Intervention Fund in a motion of urgent national importance moved on the floor of the chamber last Wednesday.

He said there must be an urgent move for the creation of an N800 billion Special Intervention Fund to be injected into the reconstruction, expansion and maintenance of the roads, as a way out of the terrible road situation in the country.

He said: “The special fund will be managed by a Special Task Force to be instituted by the President of the Federal Republic.”

The lawmaker lamented the inability of the Federal Road Maintenance Agency,FERMA, to adequately address the challenges posed by the enormity of work the agency is saddled with all over the country.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by 1025: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
criminals all over the place. what happened to the old contracts and contractors? even if u give them double of what they ask for, the story line remains the same. the sahring madness continues.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Parisgoodman(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
i'm fed up with issues of this nation, i'm tired of hearing if not sick, can someone lead or organize a protest?
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by RickyRoss1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2011
lazy greedy criminals looking for more and more billions of dollars to siphon
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by werepeLeri: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
you guys are simply impossible.

So how will the roads be fixed if money is not budgeted?

There are too many clowns on NairaLand, trust me.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by ochiaha1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
I have often said we need a Roads Fund which can be funded from each litre of Petrol purchased by a vehicle. This is necessary as a once-in-time interventention, like the present call for a N800 Billion road fund might solve the problems of bad roads temporarily,but later again those same roads will go into a state of disrepair.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Akanbiedu(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

Congrats on your new appointment. So far, you have not been doing a good job. You can ask for help from Beaf or Faeb.

What happened to N350billion budgeted in OBJ's 8 years again? I seem to have forgotten.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by manny4life(m): 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
Parisgoodman:

i'm fed up with issues of this nation, i'm tired of hearing if not sick, can someone lead or organize a protest?

Will you be the first?
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2011
Parisgoodman:

How can an organized protest work on unintelligent people like our corrupt leaders - they will simply send out their dogs or start another religious crisis to distract attention like they always do grin besides have you not noticed that when you get good numbers to start a protest - majority of Nigerians never support you except to watch how the MOPOLS whip your yansh on TV grin
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Parisgoodman(m): 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
sorry when i said we shud match a protest i forgot its a diversify nigeria i'm refering to base on religion n tribes, i knw d igbos won't leave their shops or d hausas 2 4get their farmlands or mayb d yorubas wud rather throw a party insted of that
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Outstrip(f): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
Is that a crater or a road
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by erico2k2(m): 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

you simply haven got a clue shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by igbo2011(m): 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
The road business needs to be give to governors. They aren't as corrupt as the FG. Fashola, Rochas, Chime, Ameachi, etc would put the money to use more than the FG.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by beespak7(m): 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ol boy ehh see kwantracts  grin grin any way na their turn sha to chop the national cake, we are watching. No be today eee don tay  !!!
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by DoubleN(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2011
I seriously wonder how they come about these figures cos I am very sure they don't take assessments before churning figures out.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by xpagnol: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2011
HHAHAHAHAH

800BILLION *3 = 2.4 TRILLION,

IT WILL STILL NOT BE ENOUGH FOR THEM TO DO THE SO CALLED ROADS,
I HAVE STOPPED PRAYING FOR THIS UNION CALLED NIGERIA,
SO I COULD PRAY FOR SOME OTHER PRESSING ISSUES
I STAND THAT THE WILL OF GOD SHOULD BE DONE IN HIS OWN WAY AND TIME,
THOSE GUYS THERE DONT EVEN BELIEVE THAT THE COUNTRY COULD GET BETTER
EVEN IF THEY DO BUT HOW AND WHOSE OX WILL GET GORED FIRST.
THE MONSTER CORRUPTION HAS EATEN US SO DEEP THAT WE LACK THE STRENGTH TO COMBAT IT ANYLONGER.
JUST WATCH ANOTHER AMOUNT THAT WILL BE MENTION FOR THE SAME PROJECT IN THE NEXT 18 MONTHS.

OH GOD OF MERCY PLEASE HELP THEM BECAUSE THEY CAN NO LONGER HELP THEM SELVES AND STILL THEY PRETEND LIKE THEY CAN.
Re: Rep Seeks N800BN For Repairs Of Federal Roads by Gbenge77(m): 7:49am On Sep 29, 2011
Will they repair every damn road in the country?that would be fantastic.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Raises Alarm Over Oil Theft / America’s Destabilization Plots Against Nigeria–greenwhite Coalition MUST READ!! / ACN Commits Political Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.