Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

When Did Videoing Policemen Arresting People Become A Crime In Nigeria? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Did Videoing Policemen Arresting People Become A Crime In Nigeria? (262 Views)

Trending Video Of Nurse Videoing A Laboring Woman That Got People Talking Online / Sex In A Car In A Public Place Is Not A Crime In Nigeria – Police Acp / Lady Arrested For Videoing Her 3-Year-Old Twin Sons Engaging In Gay Act In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did Videoing Policemen Arresting People Become A Crime In Nigeria? by historic: 5:37pm On May 16, 2023
The rate at which police intimidation is taking place in Nigeria is becoming alarming. One of my friend told me that some policemen came to arrest his cousins because their (cousins’) tenant had gone to lay false accusations against them. While the policemen were trying to arrest the young men, my friend was making a video of the arrest. The policemen saw him with the phone when he came down to ask what the offense of the two young men were. They collected the phone from him and wanted to arrest him but later freed him but didn’t give him back the phone. After they had taken the two young men away to their station, my friend went to ask the policemen about his phone in the station but the policemen started calling him names and one of them said he hated him that what was his intention of videoing the policemen making the arrest? The policemen said the phone was with their superior and they took my friend to their superior and told him what happened. The superior said he wasn’t going to ever return the phone to him again even after my friend pleaded with the superior that he uses the phone to communicate with his customers since he was into business and also his Bvn, NiN and other important info were on the phone. The superior told him to leave his office and that if he liked he could report him on social media that nothing will happen because it was not the first time he has been put on social media.
So my question now is are the policemen right in holding his phone or they are just trying to intimidate him?
Re: When Did Videoing Policemen Arresting People Become A Crime In Nigeria? by ridwanlawal: 5:45pm On May 16, 2023
If you are doing your job, why are you scared of people seeing it.
Was HILDA Nigeria Amaka scared of being Videotaped?
Re: When Did Videoing Policemen Arresting People Become A Crime In Nigeria? by historic: 6:16pm On May 16, 2023
ridwanlawal:
If you are doing your job, why are you scared of people seeing it.
Was HILDA Nigeria Amaka scared of being Videotaped?

I wonder
Re: When Did Videoing Policemen Arresting People Become A Crime In Nigeria? by historic: 6:38pm On May 16, 2023
What can my friend do to get back his phone?

(1) (Reply)

Ever Came Across An Aggressive Lagos Conductor? Share Your Experience / Hoodlums Attack Radio Nigeria FM Station In Kwara / JAPA: Nigeria Can Exploit The New Trend To Earn Foreign Currencies — Bauchi Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.